• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either I missed it, or there is no tutorial for this game...right? Normally they ahve the first level that tells you how to use the HUD or something like that. I think I have it figured out, except do these guys ever drop guns? That was the best part about borderlands, getting your ass handed to you but when you killed the guy you could get a gun that was usually close to what he was using.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either I missed it, or there is no tutorial for this game...right? Normally they ahve the first level that tells you how to use the HUD or something like that. I think I have it figured out, except do these guys ever drop guns? That was the best part about borderlands, getting your ass handed to you but when you killed the guy you could get a gun that was usually close to what he was using.
The beginning area is basically a tutorial. Its definitely pretty hands off on how to play the game but its no Dark Souls in terms of surprises.

I'd say the weapon/item drops are at a rate of about 1/4 of what they drop in Borderlands. Ive only come across 1 Blue item so far and Im level 11.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a friend and I an hour to beat the last Moon level....we we're raging so hard but when we beat it we had a huge sense of relief and accomplishment. The shit is difficult

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beginning area is basically a tutorial. Its definitely pretty hands off on how to play the game but its no Dark Souls in terms of surprises.

I'd say the weapon/item drops are at a rate of about 1/4 of what they drop in Borderlands. Ive only come across 1 Blue item so far and Im level 11.

The more precision/head shots you get the more likely you are to get a weapon/armor/item.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a friend and I an hour to beat the last Moon level....we we're raging so hard but when we beat it we had a huge sense of relief and accomplishment. The shit is difficult

It's easier the more ranked up your character is, and less of a hassle.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll have to pay closer attention, I haven't had a drop other than ammo yet. For the first intro level, I had sound all the way down as I was having to listen for my son who was going to sleep at the time. So if the ghost was talkign to me I missed it.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the more strength/discipline your character has the more orbs he can pick up after to you do your special ability (the RB-LB) thing. Those white orbs are what you use to charge up said special ability.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, this game is pretty decent. Haven't figured out the point of being able to see other players if you can't interact with them (yet at least), but I can see how addictive it could be.

You're playing this on PS3, correct? I know it probably won't compare to the PS4, but how does it look?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're playing this on PS3, correct? I know it probably won't compare to the PS4, but how does it look?
The beta had some of the best graphics on the system from what I could tell.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beta had some of the best graphics on the system from what I could tell.

Thanks, Clayton.

I haven't read anything negative about the game yet, but my main concern is whether or not it would be worth playing if someone was only interested in single-player missions. Most of what I've read focuses on it's multi-player aspects; there's the chance this might not be a game for me.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to pay closer attention, I haven't had a drop other than ammo yet. For the first intro level, I had sound all the way down as I was having to listen for my son who was going to sleep at the time. So if the ghost was talkign to me I missed it.

Go turn captioning on, that's what I did. Not because I turn down the volume but because it's sometimes easier to read what they're saying. The captions come up only in cut scenes and when your ghost is talking so it's not a huge annoyance elsewhere.

But I agree, I wish guys dropped more loot. It's still almost too much of a standard shooter to me. They need more of the RPG type gameplay.

And my biggest criticism so far is that the levels aren't very creative as far as your mission. It's basically this, you have to go down into some tunnel system filled with guys. At the end, there's something you need to let your Ghost examine and while he's doing so there will be waves of guys.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a console at the moment and the PC version of this game seems kind of far off. :bullshit:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my review of the game so far. I feel as though I can give a good report now that I've gotten a few levels in (level 10).

The graphics are amazing. The combination of a "real" world vs. an alien world makes for some neat environments.

When I first started playing the game I actually thought it was pretty confusing and I was bored at some points. Now that I've started catching on to the point of the game, and the different modes, I think it's growing on me a lot. I like the mix of an RPG with a standard shooter. I will say, it's 100x more fun if you're playing with someone -- even if you don't know that someone.

So far, the missions are pretty repetitive in the standard story mode. Essentially, you must go to a planet, find some entrance into the enemy fortress and then fight your way to the end. Once there, your ghost will need to check something out and it's your job to fight waves of bad guys. Maybe this will change, but I wish there was a more diverse range of missions to accomplish. With these large worlds they created, it seems like they could have done a better job with this to make the grind a little less grind-like.

The RPG stuff is fun. Upgrading your character, no matter if you're playing multilayer or story mode, is fun. I wish they had more of the RPG elements; more stuff dropped by enemies, more trading, more diverse missions to collect items and so on. I also wish you knew what you were grinding for. It's nice to get the upgraded weapons, but I wish there was some way of knowing what you're working for. For instance, in World of Warcraft, or even Call of Duty/Battlefield, you know the next weapon you're looking to get or you know what weapon you're hoping an enemy drops. Again, maybe this will come later or already exists and I don't know about it but it feels like that element of the game is missing.

I would suggest no one even try to play the multilayer (player v player) until you're at least level 10. They make it so you basically have no chance against higher levels because they get to use their higher guns/armor in the matches. Only recently have I been able to compete in those games and it's still not really even close to a fair fight.

Additionally, the worlds seem a little small to me. I was thinking the game would be more WOW-like in it's size but the world maps are pretty small in comparison to WOW. You can circle one in your little vehicle within a matter of minutes.

The best part of the game is working with others on the missions -- extremely fun. Getting a small group together to shoot your way into the enemy tunnels is a pretty cool experience and I think it's the best part of the game. The one aspect I think they should add here is the ability to find people easier to group up with on missions. Some way to find strangers who are working on the same thing.

Ultimately I think the game is fun but I think it has a lot of expanding to do to make it a great game. The nice thing is that you can see they left it open to expand...a lot. I don't know how long I can play the game without some changes as I imagine it will get kind of repetitive at some point but we'll see.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this - playing solo and on hard.... reminds me of getting my ass handed to me like w/ Halo Legendary (and a few skulls turned on). Challenging to say the least. (like say...when I was a 4 taking on level 6 guys)

Is anyone else but me playing this on 360?

Prob not. :pout:

X1 here...

If you hit Up on the Dpad, you wave and if you hit Left, you point. I figure that covers about 90% of what you need to say although Ill admit that I havent had any fireteams outside of my friends

and with Right, You dance. :hammer:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't have a PS4 baseline, but it looks pretty solid. Haven't noticed a lot of skipping/lagging or anything. I can tell it is taxing the system, load times can be lengthy. I had one split second skip last night while playing, but so far so good.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go turn captioning on, that's what I did. Not because I turn down the volume but because it's sometimes easier to read what they're saying. The captions come up only in cut scenes and when your ghost is talking so it's not a huge annoyance elsewhere.

But I agree, I wish guys dropped more loot. It's still almost too much of a standard shooter to me. They need more of the RPG type gameplay.

And my biggest criticism so far is that the levels aren't very creative as far as your mission. It's basically this, you have to go down into some tunnel system filled with guys. At the end, there's something you need to let your Ghost examine and while he's doing so there will be waves of guys.

Agree with that. I figured it was just because I am such a low level. Right now it is a free roam game that only gives you one option to complete a mission. Not sure the point of that.

I'm also getting aggravated with not having a map. I accept a mission and it tells me to go this direction. What it doesn't say is you will spend 15 minutes walking that direction because you just picked something on the other side of the map. (now I hope there isn't a map that I've just not figured out yet)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my review of the game so far. I feel as though I can give a good report now that I've gotten a few levels in (level 10).

The graphics are amazing. The combination of a "real" world vs. an alien world makes for some neat environments.

When I first started playing the game I actually thought it was pretty confusing and I was bored at some points. Now that I've started catching on to the point of the game, and the different modes, I think it's growing on me a lot. I like the mix of an RPG with a standard shooter. I will say, it's 100x more fun if you're playing with someone -- even if you don't know that someone.

So far, the missions are pretty repetitive in the standard story mode. Essentially, you must go to a planet, find some entrance into the enemy fortress and then fight your way to the end. Once there, your ghost will need to check something out and it's your job to fight waves of bad guys. Maybe this will change, but I wish there was a more diverse range of missions to accomplish. With these large worlds they created, it seems like they could have done a better job with this to make the grind a little less grind-like.

The RPG stuff is fun. Upgrading your character, no matter if you're playing multilayer or story mode, is fun. I wish they had more of the RPG elements; more stuff dropped by enemies, more trading, more diverse missions to collect items and so on. I also wish you knew what you were grinding for. It's nice to get the upgraded weapons, but I wish there was some way of knowing what you're working for. For instance, in World of Warcraft, or even Call of Duty/Battlefield, you know the next weapon you're looking to get or you know what weapon you're hoping an enemy drops. Again, maybe this will come later or already exists and I don't know about it but it feels like that element of the game is missing.

I would suggest no one even try to play the multilayer (player v player) until you're at least level 10. They make it so you basically have no chance against higher levels because they get to use their higher guns/armor in the matches. Only recently have I been able to compete in those games and it's still not really even close to a fair fight.

Additionally, the worlds seem a little small to me. I was thinking the game would be more WOW-like in it's size but the world maps are pretty small in comparison to WOW. You can circle one in your little vehicle within a matter of minutes.

The best part of the game is working with others on the missions -- extremely fun. Getting a small group together to shoot your way into the enemy tunnels is a pretty cool experience and I think it's the best part of the game. The one aspect I think they should add here is the ability to find people easier to group up with on missions. Some way to find strangers who are working on the same thing.

Ultimately I think the game is fun but I think it has a lot of expanding to do to make it a great game. The nice thing is that you can see they left it open to expand...a lot. I don't know how long I can play the game without some changes as I imagine it will get kind of repetitive at some point but we'll see.

Ok, putting my noob hat back on...I wasn't even aware there was a game mission. My buddy and I were level 4 starting yesterday and just went back down to old Russia to pick up scout missions and try to fill out some bounty missions...where is the story mission :doh: Bounties did boost us though, from 4 to 6 in a short time.

I too don't like being able to trade. For some reason I was getting loot drops every couple of minutes, my friend got nothing. I got the 3 copies of the same gun, and couldn't give him one so he was stuck on his level 3 automatic rifle instead of my lvl 5. I know BL started to suck because of weapon duping, but give us a marketplace or something to exchange guns rather than just deactivating them

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My experience is that multiplayer with someone who hasn't done it before > single player > multiplayer with someone who has done it before. Strikes are still fun, though, with the 'i already know how to do this, im in right spot at all time and i already have the optimal gear' mmo randoms because you can play for highest kill counts and they are still pretty difficult.

The mmo comparison isnt fair, really. Every MMO fails in comparison to WoW and its like 15 years of expansion and almost every MMO tanks because of it. Calling it an MMO is like a kiss of death. Saying its a much better version of Halo is a more accurate description. FFARR is clearly the best MMO on the PS4 anyways. Destiny is the best FPS Ive played as long as you dont pay attention to the story but nobody should play an FPS for the story.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My experience is that multiplayer with someone who hasn't done it before > single player > multiplayer with someone who has done it before. Strikes are still fun, though, with the 'i already know how to do this, im in right spot at all time and i already have the optimal gear' mmo randoms because you can play for highest kill counts and they are still pretty difficult.

The mmo comparison isnt fair, really. Every MMO fails in comparison to WoW and its like 15 years of expansion and almost every MMO tanks because of it. Calling it an MMO is like a kiss of death. Saying its a much better version of Halo is a more accurate description. FFARR is clearly the best MMO on the PS4 anyways. Destiny is the best FPS Ive played as long as you dont pay attention to the story but nobody should play an FPS for the story.

I think the concept is certainly one of the more original ones in recent history but I still think that the gameplay is going to get old really quickly if the stories for the missions don't change. At some point, you're just shooting waves of creatures for really no point at all. You don't know why you're doing it because the story is somewhat all over the place and you have no idea what weapons you're looking to get. You're just shooting them in hopes that something gets better or you get to go to something new.