• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Grimoire cards feel like a last minute addition that Bungie implemented to make up for the picked apart story. May explain why there is no in-game interface for them.

People on Reddit found the one guy responsible for writing all of the grimiore cards. He was hired like 7 months ago, and it was apparently WAY too late in the development to add major interface changes. They had to hire him to do something though because their lead writer who had been there for the first 4 years of developing the game and in charge of all story aspects was fired about 1 year ago. Speculation is that Activision stepped in and didn't like the traveler being any sort of bad guy, because they had viewed him internally without full paying attention as kind of a Christian like figure and they liked that story. So they had to go back and rip major stuff out of the story.

Which is why everyone who plays the story says it feels disjointed and stupid. Like you are just running around for no reason. Basically the removed all of the reasons. It would be like taking the original trilogy of star wars. The one probably every here knows and loves. And just removing Dart Vader. Not rewriting it, just cutting every scene with him in it out of the movies. Not only that, but every mention of him as well. What a stupid story that would be. I'm not sure Destiny was ever going to be a good story. But holy fuck is it bad now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally am indifferent to story lines especially for FPS games. So the random storyline for Destiny doesn't bother me much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on Reddit found the one guy responsible for writing all of the grimiore cards. He was hired like 7 months ago, and it was apparently WAY too late in the development to add major interface changes. They had to hire him to do something though because their lead writer who had been there for the first 4 years of developing the game and in charge of all story aspects was fired about 1 year ago. Speculation is that Activision stepped in and didn't like the traveler being any sort of bad guy, because they had viewed him internally without full paying attention as kind of a Christian like figure and they liked that story. So they had to go back and rip major stuff out of the story.
The problem I have with the original rumored story is that being the bad guy is the most cliche twist ever at this point. Maybe it caught people off guard during PS2 days but The Last of Us is probably the most famous current game and TV has been playing with that theme with its biggest TV shows like Breaking Bad.

My guess is they ran out of time and Activision made sure that the game came out this year no matter what.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through the reddit thread and I am very disheartened. Seems like the game had almost everything that people are complaining about; a coherent story, in game backstory, additional planets, voice chat, a trading system. All of that was just gutted due to a mixture of Activision's greed and Bungie's lack of time management.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through the reddit thread and I am very disheartened. Seems like the game had almost everything that people are complaining about; a coherent story, in game backstory, additional planets, voice chat, a trading system. All of that was just gutted due to a mixture of Activision's greed and Bungie's lack of time management.

They are eventually rolling out game chat. Pussy ass reason for not putting it in if you ask me:

What is Bungie's stance with in game communication?

When you look at the Dev Notes we published, you can glean a lot about our philosophies for voice chat. We’ve always wanted for Destiny to be a social game. One thing we also wanted was to protect you from the people whose favorite activity is to inflict grief on other Guardians. How we do that going forward will be less restrictive:

“Destiny's near-term solution will be to allow players to opt-in to voice communication during matchmade activities. Work on this feature was underway at launch and should be rolled out this year in Strikes and the Crucible.”

Near-term is not now. Near-term is more like soon.

Bungie : News

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game was rated "M", then it would probably have normal voice chat. Opt in to voice chat? Just include a damn mute button! If people are too stupid to use it when they are being verbally abused, then it's on them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to add matchmaking for the weekly strikes and campaign missions. Hell, they need to add it for the raid as well (just make it so that a mic is required).

someone joining your strike should default to enabling mic. Sucks when the third person in our group can't hear us or call out for assistance.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game was rated "M", then it would probably have normal voice chat. Opt in to voice chat? Just include a damn mute button! If people are too stupid to use it when they are being verbally abused, then it's on them.

I swear when I was poking around in the settings there was a "mute player" option already. Seemed odd since you had to have them as your friend before you could hear them, just unfriend them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah man, screw that little free for all 6v6. Just played it and lead my team in points and kills with a 1.4 KDR. Most points, 2nd most kills, highest ratio...not a damn thing won. Literally every other person got something blue except for the lvl 9 noob with a .2 KDR and in last place, he got a green weapon engram.

WOn't be doing that again.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crucible reward system is absolute garbage. I once saw a player go 4-16 and get rewarded with an exotic auto rifle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Strike Playlist coop the best. I also like the 3 on 3 PvP although the name of it eludes me right now.

But I believe there are crucible weapons you can only get doing crucible matches, no?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm a big fan of the "me too" attitude online players have. So as I'm putting my kid down, I'll go back to the tower so I'm in a safe spot, and usually just stand there. Tonight I got on top of the postmaster stand and started dancing. I came back and there were 4 people there standing around me and another two desperately trying to get up. Left again, came back 5 minutes later and there is some lvl 3 mimicking me. So I started to sit and then dance as he would copy.

Such a random thing, but funny to watch people that see someone do something and all of a sudden they need to be up doing it too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, now a guy is running circles around me. :pound:

Need the PS4 to capture this stuff.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crucible reward system is absolute garbage. I once saw a player go 4-16 and get rewarded with an exotic auto rifle.
No different than a sports draft. Odds are the winning players all have exotics at this point

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just decoded two legendary engrams and they both came out as gear for a different class than my Titan...are you fucking kidding me? I don't deserve to be trolled that hard.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just decoded two legendary engrams and they both came out as gear for a different class than my Titan...are you fucking kidding me? I don't deserve to be trolled that hard.
I think the only thing on my Titan that I got from a legendary engram is my Machine Gun. Its just way too random to get anything of use.

Xur is selling a good Defender helmet this week. Its not as good as the Titan chest piece and its a bit goofy looking but it has good bonuses and blinds enemies when they enter the bubble. There is some really good Striker PVP gear that exists in the game but Ive never seen it sadly.

It doesn't take long to level another character up to 20. I think I got my Sunsinger up to level 10 in about 2 hours.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting on my first piece of legendary gear. I feel like it is impossible to get it until I play about 100 Crucible matches.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting on my first piece of legendary gear. I feel like it is impossible to get it until I play about 100 Crucible matches.

Did you not run any of the Queen's missions/bounties? Her helmet/hood & armor are legendary... and those are given out at the end of the mission.

Also, Vanguard/FWC/New Monarchy/Dead Orbit have things you can purchase once you are a level 3 with them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not run any of the Queen's missions/bounties? Her helmet/hood & armor are legendary... and those are given out at the end of the mission.
Just an FYI but the Queens mission was about 4 times harder yesterday than the ones in the past. I dont know if they turned on some modifiers or what but it took a level 27, a level 28 and a level 21 to get it done. The 21 was a walking revive point.

Im getting the general impression that people in the first wave leveled a lot quicker than Bungie had anticipated which is why they nerfed the cave, the ascendent shards, etc.

There are two really big flaws with the game other than the story: its not social enough and they dont balance PVP and Crucible individually. I think thats what is probably going to drive people away once new games come out. That said, it was well worth the money and its something that Ill probably revisit every time a new expansion comes out.