• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not run any of the Queen's missions/bounties? Her helmet/hood & armor are legendary... and those are given out at the end of the mission.

Also, Vanguard/FWC/New Monarchy/Dead Orbit have things you can purchase once you are a level 3 with them.

I tried to run it as a 22 and we got our asses handed to us.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI but the Queens mission was about 4 times harder yesterday than the ones in the past. I dont know if they turned on some modifiers or what but it took a level 27, a level 28 and a level 21 to get it done. The 21 was a walking revive point.

Im getting the general impression that people in the first wave leveled a lot quicker than Bungie had anticipated which is why they nerfed the cave, the ascendent shards, etc.

There are two really big flaws with the game other than the story: its not social enough and they dont balance PVP and Crucible individually. I think thats what is probably going to drive people away once new games come out. That said, it was well worth the money and its something that Ill probably revisit every time a new expansion comes out.

The bold is spot on. You can't trade with people, you can't talk to people in the tower or even on your own stinking strike team, and the only interaction you can have is to point/wave/dance.

You can tell this game was rushed to market after having its guts ripped out. The Borderlands Prequel is out soon, but I'm hearing it is basically a large DLC and not a very good game. Guess I'll keep playing Destiny, but there isn't much for me to do. I just keep running strikes and bounties, but can't do any of the cool stuff like Queens missions because they are always way higher than me and impossible. I can't get any freaking weapons worth a darn, though a rare autorifle did finally fall my way. I have about a dozen rare heavy machine guns, but they suck. Still waiting for my first rare sniper. :L

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I am pretty addicted to this game. I would like to see some improvements, especially a PvP marketplace, but that can be bolted on.

I am level 21. All my gear is rare but nothing legendary.

I'm going to tackle some queen's missions for a while I think. I've already maxed out on weekly crucible marks this week, which I didn't know you could do.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I am pretty addicted to this game. I would like to see some improvements, especially a PvP marketplace, but that can be bolted on.

I'm going to tackle some queen's missions for a while I think. I've already maxed out on weekly crucible marks this week, which I didn't know you could do.

The queen stuff ended yesterday I think.... lol.

To get legendary armor - do bounties, strikes, crucible (I think), etc as either Vanguard, FWC, New Monarchy, or Dead Orbit. Once you hit rep 2 with them, you can purchase legendary armor. Rep 3 allows you to purchase legendary weapons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The queen stuff ended yesterday I think.... lol.

To get legendary armor - do bounties, strikes, crucible (I think), etc as either Vanguard, FWC, New Monarchy, or Dead Orbit. Once you hit rep 2 with them, you can purchase legendary armor. Rep 3 allows you to purchase legendary weapons.

Yeah. I've been doing a lot of crucible stuff but apparently there is a max on crucible marks per week of a 100. What is really frustrating is that I assumed you start with Crucible Rank 1 so when I finally advanced to the next level only to discover that I was just now reaching Rank 1 I was a bit frustrated.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Queen's Wrath has been replaced by the Iron Banner. Comes with a new PvP Control match that doesn't even the levels. Also it is winner take all. Not rep for the losers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Queen's Wrath has been replaced by the Iron Banner. Comes with a new PvP Control match that doesn't even the levels. Also it is winner take all. Not rep for the losers.
Considering less than 2% of the Destiny population has completed the Raid according to the Trophy data I was checking while Destiny was updating earlier, I'm going to guess that this mode isnt going to be very popular because the other 98% of people aren't going to want to run into the 2 Raid Guns.

As a side note, I'm currently using the Halo armor shader and wearing a helmet that makes me look like the Trojan Man. Everyone should be able to immediately spot me as a Defender so I shouldn't have to worry about random people wondering about my role in strikes. I also have the Doctor Nope and the Pocket Infinity so Im pretty much ready for the Vault of Glass as soon as I level them up. I dont think Im ready for Iron Banner until I pick up the Vanquisher...I need about 110 Crucible Marks...so yeah....probably not happeningin the near future unless I get some spare time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only level 21 so I have a ways to go before even thinking of those high level fights.

Right now I think I will just bang out Crucible rep until I get to level 2. Then I will get some legendary armor and take on some of the higher level fights.

Has anyone ever won legendary stuff? Seems impossible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only level 21 so I have a ways to go before even thinking of those high level fights.

Right now I think I will just bang out Crucible rep until I get to level 2. Then I will get some legendary armor and take on some of the higher level fights.

It might be a bit late for you now for it to be worth it but another option is that you go into Dead Orbit, New Monarchy or Future War Cult and buy their class item. All Vanguard And Crucible reps go towards your faction while you wear their class item which means you should be able to get that to level 3 pretty quickly without focusing on one part of the game or the other. New Monarchy has STR + INT gear. Future War Cult is INT + Discpline gear IIRC. I think Dead Orbit is STR + Discpline gear.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only legendary armor I got was from the queen's stuff.

My exotic sunshaders & helmet were bought from Xur...and the other legendary armor piece I have was bought as well. However, both legendary weapons I got from engrams. (fusion rifle & rocket launcher)

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never won shit in the crucible. Literally the best drop I have ever gotten there is a strange coin. I actually haven't played at all in about a week now, but I am pretty much full legendary gear. I haven't found a legendary heavy weapon yet, but I think I have enough marks to just buy one. I know I'm capped on crucible marks (not only can you only gain 100 in a week, you can only hold 200 max) but haven't hit level 3 with any faction besides vanguard yet. I also have a pair or exotic gloves that look pretty cool, and have an exotic bounty for the thorn handcannon, but haven't finished that yet either. Still haven't even tried a raid yet, but from my understanding it isn't that hard once you hit level 27-29

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only legendary armor I got was from the queen's stuff.

My exotic sunshaders & helmet were bought from Xur...and the other legendary armor piece I have was bought as well. However, both legendary weapons I got from engrams. (fusion rifle & rocket launcher)

I can't seem to get legendary engrams. I have received dozens of rare items but no legendary.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike Playlists are your best bet at the end game. Running around in a circle in the Northwest part of Venus destroying Fallen and looting caves has been my plan B.

My recommendation is to save as many ascendent shards/materials as possible until you know what you are doing with your character. I wasted about 20 and its hard to get more than 2 a day.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't seem to get legendary engrams. I have received dozens of rare items but no legendary.

One was won via crucible...the other was back when the loot cave was active. Actually got a few of them from the loot cave - but they turned blue after decryption. :L

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike Playlists are your best bet at the end game. Running around in a circle in the Northwest part of Venus destroying Fallen and looting caves has been my plan B.

My recommendation is to save as many ascendent shards/materials as possible until you know what you are doing with your character. I wasted about 20 and its hard to get more than 2 a day.

yep. wasted 6 shards on the queen's helmet - only to get my Apotheosis Veil a day later. :L

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I feel like I need to get at least to level 2 crucible and get some legendary armor. At that point I may switch over to strike playlists.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I feel like I need to get at least to level 2 crucible and get some legendary armor. At that point I may switch over to strike playlists.
Far and away the most important thing in Strikes is the ability to deal with all three elements of Shields. Example: my grenade deals void, my secondary deals Solar and my heavy should deal Arc damage (if I can actually find one).

In PVP, your top priority should be picking up the best kind of weapon of the weapons you like to use. The Crucible Guns, imo, are a lot better than the Vanguard Guns but the armor is just about the same.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to level up my vanguard to get a legendary piece, still the only one I have.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never won shit in the crucible. Literally the best drop I have ever gotten there is a strange coin. I actually haven't played at all in about a week now, but I am pretty much full legendary gear. I haven't found a legendary heavy weapon yet, but I think I have enough marks to just buy one. I know I'm capped on crucible marks (not only can you only gain 100 in a week, you can only hold 200 max) but haven't hit level 3 with any faction besides vanguard yet. I also have a pair or exotic gloves that look pretty cool, and have an exotic bounty for the thorn handcannon, but haven't finished that yet either. Still haven't even tried a raid yet, but from my understanding it isn't that hard once you hit level 27-29

Same, which is why I don't even try. Would rather do strikes over and over, but even that is getting old. A month in and I'm wearing out on this game.

They better get a marketplace soon, or there is going to be little reason to keep playing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same, which is why I don't even try. Would rather do strikes over and over, but even that is getting old. A month in and I'm wearing out on this game.

They better get a marketplace soon, or there is going to be little reason to keep playing.

I think they are going to continue create new match types. I haven't seen the salvage PvP yet. I liked Skirmishes. Hope to see them again.