• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xur has the Ice Breaker sniper rifle for 17 strange coins this weekend. YAY.

This made my day when I saw it. Ice breaker was an insta-buy for me.

Pretty much.

I actually made my post above before watching this video, now I'm glad to see I'm not just the worst PvP player ever, lol. I won't be playing iron banner again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Iron Banner is just Crucible with new perks and gears? Thats silly but the mode would be totally unplayable otherwise. lol at the entitled gamer making the video but he is right that the levels dont seem to matter too much.

Also, Icebreaker is a Solar Sniper Rifle. I already have one from the Queens Mission so it seems kinda redundant. That Striker helmet is very nice, though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, don't have that many strange coins. Need to get my rear in gear if I want to get them by saturday night.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, don't have that many strange coins. Need to get my rear in gear if I want to get them by saturday night.

Weekly heroic strike. I've solo'd it twice. (22 & 26). Going to give the 28 a try tonight.
(Each difficulty nets you 3 coins)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly heroic strike. I've solo'd it twice. (22 & 26). Going to give the 28 a try tonight.
(Each difficulty nets you 3 coins)

We started it last night, but had just done that same strike right before it via the level 20 vanguard strike. My buddy didn't want to go on since there were now only two of us and two difficulty levels up to fight the Archon when we had an issue with three of us trying to do it.

He has the mindset of a tank, but not the right character build. So I end up spending a lot of my time trying to fight my way over to revive him. DOH.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We started it last night, but had just done that same strike right before it via the level 20 vanguard strike. My buddy didn't want to go on since there were now only two of us and two difficulty levels up to fight the Archon when we had an issue with three of us trying to do it.

He has the mindset of a tank, but not the right character build. So I end up spending a lot of my time trying to fight my way over to revive him. DOH.

This weekly heroic is fairly easy. (most of the enemies can be taken out from afar). When you finally get to the Arcon Priest.. you can run up under the platform behind the pod... go to the very back...and easily defeat the Priest.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekly heroic is fairly easy. (most of the enemies can be taken out from afar). When you finally get to the Arcon Priest.. you can run up under the platform behind the pod... go to the very back...and easily defeat the Priest.

sweet. I gotta do more research on safe places to kill these guys from :)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strikes are currently the best part of the game, imo. They do have a lot to work on if they want to live up to their potential as the 10 year game. I'm going to have a hard time playing a Raid, too, because its hard to coordinate with 5 other people to play something that might last 2 hours. I know one other person who is legit at FPS' and a couple of people who are good but not people that I know I can trust will stay on for the length and a couple of people who I know that I can trust to be terrible at the game.

The problem they have with PVP is that the game is balanced around those big levels like the Moon and Bastion and the general gaming population is too used to Call of Duty and the smaller levels. Then people complain that the small levels are too good with weapons that are good in small levels :L

The Destiny story is such a trainwreck that I think they should just give up on that. If they make the Guardians evil, no one will be surprised and if they make the Guardians Generic Good Guys shooting things in pretty alien places then people are going to lash out at how generic and half assed it is.

What I heard about that is they fired the lead writer halfway through and then cut parts out. So it feels unfinished because it was and they just said -- fuck it.

I love the strikes but like you said, and I said above, they need to have way more, they need to have more "events" and they need matchmaking for everything. Few people have 5 other friends all on at once who can dedicate 2 hours to something like that.

I think the PVP levels are actually pretty bland and very boring. I have more fun in COD because there's more stuff to do and upgrade in game. With this game you're essentially waiting for the end when it randomly hands out stuff. It would be interesting if they added drops into PVP. You kill somene and they have whatever percentage chance to drop something. The catch? You have to actually get to it to pick it up. Imagine the feeling of getting a legendary or exotic drop and then getting killed by someone in PVP.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if anyone wants to team up to take on some of the higher level strikes, my handle is flyerhawk on Xbox One

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made my day when I saw it. Ice breaker was an insta-buy for me.

I actually made my post above before watching this video, now I'm glad to see I'm not just the worst PvP player ever, lol. I won't be playing iron banner again.

Apparently the level differences max out at 7 levels so even a Level 4 has a chance against a high level guy although it would take him more hits.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the level differences max out at 7 levels so even a Level 4 has a chance against a high level guy although it would take him more hits.

Not surprised, given my experience in the iron banner and videos other people made. It would have been a lot less frustrating if Bungie had just said that instead of "level advantages enabled." Regardless I'm over it. Curious to see what the next event is.

Swords

Big Time Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but I can't get into this game. I beat it, got to level 20 then decided to crucible up with some buds and the whole double jump fly around has made the ground combat too cheesy IMO.

I'm just talking crucible here but I haven't played in a couple weeks.

Been on NHL15 instead.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but I can't get into this game. I beat it, got to level 20 then decided to crucible up with some buds and the whole double jump fly around has made the ground combat too cheesy IMO.

Been on NHL15 instead.

Truth be told the strike missions are the best part. Hopefully they will get match making up and running for the weekly and raid missions as well. Although apparently there websites you can use to find teammates.

For those interested you can see how you are doing by going to this site...

DestinyTracker - Destiny Community, Stats, Leaderboards, Streams and more!

I really suck at the PvP in this game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all that great at PVP and I was kicking but in Iron Banner with my higher level character the other day. The better gear really goes matter...its just not everything.

Bungie's balance patch just came in. Destiny is officially a game where you spend hundreds of hours trying to get the best weapons only to find that they aren't any better than the weapons you started the game with because everything is balanced for PVP.

The PVP really isnt bad. They just need more of it. And more strikes.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been on NHL15 instead.

The game definitely has a bunch of flaws. The lack of any kind of coherent story to get players invested and the grinding required to get the good stuff immediately come to mind. There's a reason people are farming caves instead of playing the game. These flaws will probably be mitigated some as updates/expansions are released, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that these flaws should not have been there in the first place. As it stands right now, I'm having fun doing the weekly heroic/nightfall strikes and the raid once a week and just dinking around in the world here and there. The pvp is decent too and I play that from time to time, though I wish there were fewer one hit kills. I'm planning on buying the first expansion pass and seeing what that has to offer and that will determine if I put any more money into the IP in the future.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that you have to farm for stuff. It limits how quickly people can max out characters.

Here are some things I would like to see.

1. Agree about the 1 shot kill stuff. Too many ways for that to happen.
2. Have bracketed PvP based on levels, much like the Strike playlists. Have level 10 PVP matches, Level 20, level 25, etc. Then largely eliminated level nerfing.
3. Enable match making for raid and heroic strikes. This one really bugs me as there are a lot of people like me that don't have a lot of friends that play video games.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They screwed over the autorifle, so now I have to find something else. Wasn't even using it for PvP.

For the record, the best theory I have heard about why Destiny is so lacking right now is that they had a massive story and experience created but then Activision added their funding and took over control of the release. They took 4 giant chunks of the game away in order to release them as DLC's in order to get another $40 out of everyone. Sounds completely legit IMO, the game obviously has holes in it and that would be a reason why.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that you have to farm for stuff. It limits how quickly people can max out characters.

Here are some things I would like to see.

1. Agree about the 1 shot kill stuff. Too many ways for that to happen.
2. Have bracketed PvP based on levels, much like the Strike playlists. Have level 10 PVP matches, Level 20, level 25, etc. Then largely eliminated level nerfing.
3. Enable match making for raid and heroic strikes. This one really bugs me as there are a lot of people like me that don't have a lot of friends that play video games.
I pretty much agree with a lot of this.

The problem with the Crucible in general is that Ill have some games that are really competitive and some games where I get totally wiped off the map. I had a rumble match yesterday where I got 1 Kill and 7 Deaths. I thought it was a fluke so I played with mostly the same group again and I got 0 Kills and 6 Deaths the next time. Both games I got the jump on many players and they wouldn't go down and then they'd turn around and kill me in 1 or 2 hits. Usually 1. I've seen a lot of high level players post PVP vids and its nothing special. I can't tell if maybe my internet connection just gets bad every once in awhile or there are just some weapons that really, really outclass other weapons. There is really only so much skill in an FPS game. Hit them in the head a bunch. But it seems like there are a bunch of things that just kill in 1 hit and thats not really a good PVP experience or one Id want to get good at.

Although maybe its because I was using an Auto Rifle. The nerfing really didnt seem that bad in the PVE world but maybe the lowered Crit damage matters more in PVP now. :noidea:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really notice the autorifle being nerfed too much. Maybe takes one more shot. Then again I feel like I need to get 5 shots with the autorifle.

One thing I don't understand is what are those other bars on people's health meters? I seem a red and blue blue along with their health bar all the time. What is that? I can't seem to find any good information on this.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I don't understand is what are those other bars on people's health meters? I seem a red and blue blue along with their health bar all the time. What is that? I can't seem to find any good information on this.
My totally uneducated guess would be that one color represents your base health stat that everyone has (im guessing red), one represents the health added due to your abilities (the ARM when you allocate between ARM, Recovery and Agility) and one represents the Armor you get from the gear you are wearing. I think that last one might only factor into Iron Banner but I could be wrong.

Anyways, Im guessing that Rumble is just a mode with Stickies, Shotguns and Supers. Ill avoid that from now on.