• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to continue create new match types. I haven't seen the salvage PvP yet. I liked Skirmishes. Hope to see them again.

Guess I'm going to have to eventually get into the PvP stuff. The few times I played I did well but got squat for it. Better for me to keep going with vanguard since I'm halfway through lvl 2.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm going to have to eventually get into the PvP stuff. The few times I played I did well but got squat for it. Better for me to keep going with vanguard since I'm halfway through lvl 2.

Yeah that's the "problem" that once you have committed to one stream. It takes a long time and you don't want to start over with another stream.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty good at PVP, but I'm nit touching the Iron Banner stuff until I finish the raid.

I've been stuck at level 27 for the past 2 weeks. I can't find enough ascendant materials.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to level up my vanguard to get a legendary piece, still the only one I have.

Grinding through strike missions is easily the best way to get legendary armor imo. Once you're level 24+ earning marks and buying Vanguard legendary gear is easy. I've got an exotic helmet and all legendary except for gauntlets this way...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got a legendary drop yesterday. Not sure if that was pure coincidence or they changed the odds with the patch. I had literally got about 30-40 rate engrams before getting a legendary piece.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty good at PVP, but I'm nit touching the Iron Banner stuff until I finish the raid.

I've been stuck at level 27 for the past 2 weeks. I can't find enough ascendant materials.

Its honestly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm a 26 and was at or near the top of my team every round. (with a positive k/d ratio).

That said, finally got my first exotic weapon bounty last night. Of course, neither of the hand cannons were able to be selected. :(

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its honestly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm a 26 and was at or near the top of my team every round. (with a positive k/d ratio).
The gist Im hearing is that its 90% people using Suros, Grim Citizen, Vanquisher or Shadow Price Auto Rifles so if you have one or know how to deal with them then you'll be fine. Almost no one has the 2 OP hard mode raid guns.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got a legendary drop yesterday. Not sure if that was pure coincidence or they changed the odds with the patch. I had literally got about 30-40 rate engrams before getting a legendary piece.
Yeah I think something changed with the patch because I got like 4 legendary drops in one afternoon of playing. I now have legendary everything except my main weapon and I have an exotic helmet. Kind of obnoxious because I really want a legendary/exotic hand cannon but whatever, I like the stuff I have now. The game did change after level 20, but I want them to add more strikes -- a lot more -- and make it so you can match up with random people for the raids and other events. I don't know 5 other people to do the glass raid, so I will enver be able to play it.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much.

I don't play PVP much but that video seems a little unfair. I wouldn't expect it to be set so level 25+ could just dominate anyone lower than level 20. The extra armor and better weapons probably gives you a shot or two advantage either way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't play PVP much but that video seems a little unfair. I wouldn't expect it to be set so level 25+ could just dominate anyone lower than level 20. The extra armor and better weapons probably gives you a shot or two advantage either way.

The "Iron Banner" event was touted as such though. That the higher your weapon/armor...the better chance you had to just run the table on anyone and anything. IE - a level 30 would just obliterate a level 4.

In normal Crucible mode - sure...everyone is essentially "even". But if the mode was advertised like it was - where your armor/weapons matter - then that should be the case.

Just like in the story. A newly fresh level 2 can not hurt a level 12 Dreg.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is more of tweaking thing than anything else. I think it would be ridiculous to make it just about gear and rank otherwise anyone below a 25 would never even bother and even 25 and 26 would have a tough time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game did change after level 20, but I want them to add more strikes -- a lot more -- and make it so you can match up with random people for the raids and other events. I don't know 5 other people to do the glass raid, so I will enver be able to play it.
The Strikes are currently the best part of the game, imo. They do have a lot to work on if they want to live up to their potential as the 10 year game. I'm going to have a hard time playing a Raid, too, because its hard to coordinate with 5 other people to play something that might last 2 hours. I know one other person who is legit at FPS' and a couple of people who are good but not people that I know I can trust will stay on for the length and a couple of people who I know that I can trust to be terrible at the game.

The problem they have with PVP is that the game is balanced around those big levels like the Moon and Bastion and the general gaming population is too used to Call of Duty and the smaller levels. Then people complain that the small levels are too good with weapons that are good in small levels :L

The Destiny story is such a trainwreck that I think they should just give up on that. If they make the Guardians evil, no one will be surprised and if they make the Guardians Generic Good Guys shooting things in pretty alien places then people are going to lash out at how generic and half assed it is.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of matchmaking for the raid is pissing me off. I tried once with a group of random people that I found at the tower, but that group fell apart before we even got through the door.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is doing the Shattered Memories Exotic bounty, the gunsmith has blue fusion rifles for sale for the next 30 minutes. Just got my 10 finally.

Sucks balls that now I need to get 200 kills with a fusion rifle on the nightfall strike. CRAP. Not cool for a level 24 :L

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is doing the Shattered Memories Exotic bounty, the gunsmith has blue fusion rifles for sale for the next 30 minutes. Just got my 10 finally.

Sucks balls that now I need to get 200 kills with a fusion rifle on the nightfall strike. CRAP. Not cool for a level 24 :L

The 200 kills shouldnt be too bad. Now if you had to complete it... then you'd be screwed. I say this as myself (26) and 2 of my buddies (25 & 26) couldnt get to the 3 generals last week.

Have attempted the raid once. All of us were 25's.... it didnt work out so well.

As for the exotic bounty - mine is currently for bad juju. I'm 3/25 on the completed strikes. Going to take awhile...

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xur has the Ice Breaker sniper rifle for 17 strange coins this weekend. YAY.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The funny part about the Pocket Infinity is that it isnt half as good as the Fusion Rifles you scrapped to get it until you fully upgrade it (which is taking forever it seems...)

I was level 26 when I got those 200 kills and it was a lot of work. Im not sure its possible at 24.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I played a few Iron Banner games and all I can say is it's complete bullshit. Level advantages enabled my ass. I (level 28) just unloaded into a level 9 with a legendary fusion rifle (all hits) which downed his shields and barely took any of his health only to turn around and get one shotted with an uncommon hand cannon. WHAT? Come on, I know I'm not any good at PvP, but what a load of crap.