• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I started using Find or Create a fireteam for Destiny on any console to get teammates for the more serious strikes like the Raid and Nightfall.

Let me tell you those fights are legit. I spent about an hour on Vault of Glass with a 6 man team and only got about half way through. Pretty fun though. First time I have ever really used the mic.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is nothing more than a Borderlands wannabee... A game which you can mod I might add.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is nothing more than a Borderlands wannabee... A game which you can mod I might add.

Still enjoyable to play though. The co-op missions are what gives it the most playability. Not many co-op games that can have play for hours and still not beat them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borderlands is a lot different. Thats like comparing Street Fighter and Tekken or like comparing NBA2k with NBAJam. There are some things Borderlands does better and some things Destiny does better. I dont think either game has fully nailed the MMO part, though. BL does the story better and Destiny does the FPS part better. Both have loot systems that need work and neither game's endgame lives up to what MMOs offer. Its also easier to play MMOs with randoms because they know their role and coordinate better.

I couldnt imagine playing the Borderlands pre sequel after playing Destiny. The difference in graphics is too hard for me to ignore.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borderlands Pre Sequel on a Mid to high level PC blows away Destiny.. I have both games.. I will say that Destiny has Multiplayer, so there's that.. I just feel like BL has more content to offer as a whole and the modding is awesome..

And TBH, both games are more alike than you think.. Tekken to SF is a terrible comparison.. Both are completely different fighting games..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borderlands Pre Sequel on a Mid to high level PC blows away Destiny.. I have both games.. I will say that Destiny has Multiplayer, so there's that.. I just feel like BL has more content to offer as a whole and the modding is awesome..

And TBH, both games are more alike than you think.. Tekken to SF is a terrible comparison.. Both are completely different fighting games..
Destiny and Bl are completely different games. The game feels different. One has PvP. The tone of the games are different. I like them both but I just had the pc master race card played and my pc kinda sucks

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you played the old borderlands? I'm afraid the new BL game is like a DLC where teh story sucks and you spend the whole time running from one side to the other.

Worth it?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destiny and Bl are completely different games. The game feels different. One has PvP. The tone of the games are different. I like them both but I just had the pc master race card played and my pc kinda sucks

BL2 had a way to do PvP on a limited scale. Mostly though it is meant for co-op, which is my my alley. I still have played only a couple of Destiny Crucible matches. They just aren't fun.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BL2 had a way to do PvP on a limited scale. Mostly though it is meant for co-op, which is my my alley. I still have played only a couple of Destiny Crucible matches. They just aren't fun.

The crucible matches can be fun but they do need to tweak the system. Certainly not as fun a PvP as Call of Duty but it could be with the right tweaks.

But Co-Op really is where it is at. First time I've played a game where I felt player comms were actually useful.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you played the old borderlands? I'm afraid the new BL game is like a DLC where teh story sucks and you spend the whole time running from one side to the other.

Worth it?
The gist Im hearing from players and reviews is that its the worst Borderlands. A resounding 'meh'. Same subpar review scores as Destiny

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pvp on destiny is awful

can't wait to play halo 2 on masterchief edition

love everything else about the game, though. all of the strike stuff is fun for me.

the new borderlands sucks. disappointing because borderlands 2 was amazing.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's got some elements of borderlands, but it's far from being a wannabe.

if you're saying it's not original, then i agree. it takes successful elements from a bunch of games (borderlands, halo, COD, even a little bit of diablo),and incorporates them nicely, but it's hardly innovative.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's where you and me differ.. I didn't think it incorporates these elements all that well.. The game is too plain and redundant.. You basically do the same quests over and over..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's where you and me differ.. I didn't think it incorporates these elements all that well.. The game is too plain and redundant.. You basically do the same quests over and over..
The problem is that the game was rushed (a funny thought considering the development time) and the only things they did 100% right were the Strikes and the Raid and thats just not enough content to justify the time sink. They made most of the PVP maps too small so there are too many short ranged, instant kill encounters or near instant kill encounters although they seem to be in a Catch 22 because everyone wants to play the small maps in pretty much every FPS game I play.

In like 2 weeks, COD comes out and in 4 weeks, GTAV (again), Farcry and Dragon Age Inquisition come out. Destiny is going to be empty at that point. Then, about 8 weeks from now, the first Destiny DLC will come out and since its mostly on disc, I suspect that it wont address a lot of the issues people have with the game but itll add enough strikes and raids that I think you can justify the time sink and they'll pull some people back. I think the PVP crowd probably wont be coming back, though.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the game was rushed (a funny thought considering the development time) and the only things they did 100% right were the Strikes and the Raid and thats just not enough content to justify the time sink. They made most of the PVP maps too small so there are too many short ranged, instant kill encounters or near instant kill encounters although they seem to be in a Catch 22 because everyone wants to play the small maps in pretty much every FPS game I play.

In like 2 weeks, COD comes out and in 4 weeks, GTAV (again), Farcry and Dragon Age Inquisition come out. Destiny is going to be empty at that point. Then, about 8 weeks from now, the first Destiny DLC will come out and since its mostly on disc, I suspect that it wont address a lot of the issues people have with the game but itll add enough strikes and raids that I think you can justify the time sink and they'll pull some people back. I think the PVP crowd probably wont be coming back, though.

Are we really 8 weeks away from an expansion DLC? I already don't think I have touched the game in nearly a month despite how much fun I had with it for a while. But I bought the version of the game that included the first DLC anyways so i have been looking forward to that since about 2 weeks after the game launched.

I loved the first Dragon Age game. Just my style of game. Then they ruined the whole thing in DA2, making it a whole different genre. I know Inquisition doesn't go all the way back to as turn based and in depth as DA origins, but I will probably check that one out anyways.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the first Dragon Age game. Just my style of game. Then they ruined the whole thing in DA2, making it a whole different genre. I know Inquisition doesn't go all the way back to as turn based and in depth as DA origins, but I will probably check that one out anyways.
From what Ive seen, the combat is a bit of a hybrid of the 2 DAs. The graphics look a bit darker as if to lure in Witcher and Dark Souls players.

I kind of felt like the first Dragon Age was the start of something but it never quite got there. I hope this game has an actual open world and the same type of engrossing story. I feel like the expectations are so high for it that its bound to disappoint some people

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it will just be another hack and slash game. So I'm already disappointed. But I guess expecting it to be the same old crap as everything else, I won't actually be disappointed by the game.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm passing on Dragon Age. I don't have much faith that Bioware will turn the series around. I'll pick up The Witcher 3 instead.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm passing on Dragon Age. I don't have much faith that Bioware will turn the series around. I'll pick up The Witcher 3 instead.
I got my money's worth with Dragon Age 2 so I cant complain too much. I did just buy Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, though, so thats where my gaming time is going now that Destiny's content is maxed out. I haven't played Diablo 3 before so Im sure itll be worth it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I might the be the only one still playing Destiny. I am determined to get to Level 30 for some weird reason. Normally I don't care about that sort of thing but I want to beat the Vault of Glass on hard and make it to level 30.