• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why they are focusing on their average PvP system so much.
Because if they really were making a 10 year game then it would be the most important part of the game.

The problem is that the game doesn't have a story so they are adding in story modes as they go. This is a terrible idea. Those extra story missions could have been another strike. Most people playing have already moved passed the notion that the game even tried with a story mode and has moved on to the end game content.

The other problem is the playstation exclusive content. Its ridiculous in this day and age.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if they really were making a 10 year game then it would be the most important part of the game.

The problem is that the game doesn't have a story so they are adding in story modes as they go. This is a terrible idea. Those extra story missions could have been another strike. Most people playing have already moved passed the notion that the game even tried with a story mode and has moved on to the end game content.

The other problem is the playstation exclusive content. Its ridiculous in this day and age.

Yup, that's going to kill the game for me. I'm not going to spend $20 on one additional strike.

If they truly want to make a 10 year game, which I doubt since there's already rumors of Destiny 2 in the works, then they need a multitude of new worlds, strikes and environments. A game like WoW can go on for 10 years because it's immense in size and players don't run out of things to do. They don't expect people to enter the same area and do the same 5 things over and over to level up. You can literally get lost in WoW and Destiny needs to add that aspect; a huge world to get lost in. As it stands, the planets are too small and there aren't enough of them -- and the bounties are lame and don't provide what you want -- stuff.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game like WoW can go on for 10 years because it's immense in size and players don't run out of things to do. They don't expect people to enter the same area and do the same 5 things over and over to level up. You can literally get lost in WoW and Destiny needs to add that aspect; a huge world to get lost in. As it stands, the planets are too small and there aren't enough of them -- and the bounties are lame and don't provide what you want -- stuff.
Although to be fair, Destiny is actually fun to play while WoW's actual gameplay is a lot like work.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that's going to kill the game for me. I'm not going to spend $20 on one additional strike.

If they truly want to make a 10 year game, which I doubt since there's already rumors of Destiny 2 in the works, then they need a multitude of new worlds, strikes and environments. A game like WoW can go on for 10 years because it's immense in size and players don't run out of things to do. They don't expect people to enter the same area and do the same 5 things over and over to level up. You can literally get lost in WoW and Destiny needs to add that aspect; a huge world to get lost in. As it stands, the planets are too small and there aren't enough of them -- and the bounties are lame and don't provide what you want -- stuff.

I think they are about to write off Destiny as a lost cause. They will release some crap to get money, but won't plan on making it a franchise starter. They will reboot with a 2.0 version next year I'm sure.

They wanted it to be WoW but forgot the key ingredient...interaction among players. Everyone has the same character wearing the same armor using the same gun. You can't interact except to point/wave/dance. You can't talk to the 3rd person in your strike. You can't trade or sell things. You have no reason to do anything but ignore those around you, unless they are screwing up your spawn point in which case you have to orbit and return. I read an excellent open letter on the Destiny app the other day. It had some awesome ideas, one of which was world/universe wide PvE fights. Like a public event, a call goes out to all players that "the fallen are massing an attack on the moon, report immediately" and let dozens to hundreds of guardians fight massive waves of Fallen. That would be pretty fun. I still have yet to play PvP more than a couple of games because it was boring. However, the same 10 bounties and same 5 strikes are getting insanely old.

I'm still playing it, but just because I'm not ready to pop for another game yet. They keep promising they will add stuff to the game but at this point it feels like they are stringing everyone along.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And then "fix" the game when people identify places that they can level up quickly. You find an exploit and if anyone else does, they patch it like they did the loot cave, Xur exploit, or many of the nerfed weapons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of the folks here about the problems with this game. It does get pretty repetitive. And ultimately the best of the game is something that is only worthwhile to do once a week because you only get loot once a week.

Strike playlists are a waste of time once you hit level 27 or so as you can easily solo them. The weekly and daily are only a little harder.

Screwing over the Xbox one users was pretty stupid as well. A 1 year exclusive? That should pretty much kill the game on that platform.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screwing over the Xbox one users was pretty stupid as well. A 1 year exclusive? That should pretty much kill the game on that platform.

Will be interesting to see how much of the Destiny population on X1 stays after this coming Tuesday.
All Hail the MCC!

As for Destiny - On Tuesdays I knock out the weekly heroic & nightfall with 2 characters... the rest of the week is generally spent farming materials for the gear i've got. (probably 1-2hrs total). Then maybe a raid on the weekend.

Other than that, there's no point in doing the strikes...or replaying the same story missions over and over again. Sometimes I'll play the daily heroic...if I need shards or energies. Kinda sad that everything "good" thats left about the game...can be knocked out in 1 day a week.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will reboot with a 2.0 version next year I'm sure.
Thats the plan, I hear. It just makes sense that they make 2.0 with the groundwork they've already made. There is a lot of unused real estate in Destiny where you just go 'This area is pretty. Why is it here?'

There is no giant conspiracy with this game, imo. They just released an unfinished product and have been stringing everyone along. Destiny probably should've always released next Fall but Im guessing thats how long itll take for there to be as much content as they promised.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are about to write off Destiny as a lost cause. They will release some crap to get money, but won't plan on making it a franchise starter. They will reboot with a 2.0 version next year I'm sure.

They wanted it to be WoW but forgot the key ingredient...interaction among players. Everyone has the same character wearing the same armor using the same gun. You can't interact except to point/wave/dance. You can't talk to the 3rd person in your strike. You can't trade or sell things. You have no reason to do anything but ignore those around you, unless they are screwing up your spawn point in which case you have to orbit and return. I read an excellent open letter on the Destiny app the other day. It had some awesome ideas, one of which was world/universe wide PvE fights. Like a public event, a call goes out to all players that "the fallen are massing an attack on the moon, report immediately" and let dozens to hundreds of guardians fight massive waves of Fallen. That would be pretty fun. I still have yet to play PvP more than a couple of games because it was boring. However, the same 10 bounties and same 5 strikes are getting insanely old.

I'm still playing it, but just because I'm not ready to pop for another game yet. They keep promising they will add stuff to the game but at this point it feels like they are stringing everyone along.

I don't know a ton about game development but it seems that a lot of minor improvements to the game could be made very easily. Like the thing you mentioned with a mass invasion. Stuff like that should be massively easy to make.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know a ton about game development but it seems that a lot of minor improvements to the game could be made very easily. Like the thing you mentioned with a mass invasion. Stuff like that should be massively easy to make.

Some things sound simple and can be complicated while some things may sound complicated but are easy, relatively speaking.

Massive multiplayer battles are actually pretty hard to do even in PvE environments.

A loot market would probably be a fairly simply thing to do that would be very popular.

Integrating the Destiny Team Finder system into the game would be huge as well.

IMO, Crucible is a side-show. There are so many competitors in the PvP world that I just don't see how that can ever do well unless they come up with a truly novel approach to it, which they have not done yet.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things sound simple and can be complicated while some things may sound complicated but are easy, relatively speaking.

Massive multiplayer battles are actually pretty hard to do even in PvE environments.

A loot market would probably be a fairly simply thing to do that would be very popular.

IMO, Crucible is a side-show. There are so many competitors in the PvP world that I just don't see how that can ever do well unless they come up with a truly novel approach to it, which they have not done yet.
I think the important thing to note is that Bungie is good at making FPS games and has little to no background in MMOs. The changes that would make it a better FPS game (more maps, more guns, more game balance) are likely coming in full force. Things that would make the MMO experience better probably aren't coming (loot market, Team Finder, etc)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the important thing to note is that Bungie is good at making FPS games and has little to no background in MMOs. The changes that would make it a better FPS game (more maps, more guns, more game balance) are likely coming in full force. Things that would make the MMO experience better probably aren't coming (loot market, Team Finder, etc)

Well if the first DLC is any indication that certainly seems to be the case.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't played Destiny in a month, second straight time I've been burned on an unfinished Bungie game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, like I'm sure they have the 16 person world/tower limit for speed and reliability issues and having even hundreds on a single server would be a nightmare.

But still would be cool.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I now have a regular crew of folks that I do the Raid and Nightfall with which makes the game more amusing. The age difference between is pretty funny as I'm much older than they are but it's still fun to play.

I hope to playing video games when I'm 80 years old

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I now have a regular crew of folks that I do the Raid and Nightfall with which makes the game more amusing. The age difference between is pretty funny as I'm much older than they are but it's still fun to play.

I hope to playing video games when I'm 80 years old
I have 4 of my real life friends still playing Destiny but currently only 1 of them is good enough for things like the Raid and Nightfall. Ill likely be getting to the point of having to recruit people or join another group but Im not there yet.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think something else that would be cool is if you could challenge people in the actual Destiny world. If you run across someone they could just add a think to the "interact" thing that pops up when you select them that is a challenge. Then, if the other play accepts, you can fight each other in the field -- much like you could do in WOW. Similarly, you could do the same thing with fireteams. I just think that would be cool. Or maybe provide an arena in the world that you could go to, each planet would be a little different.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS3 servers must be crapping out. I can't even get an Earth mission without getting booted.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS3 servers must be crapping out. I can't even get an Earth mission without getting booted.

I had some major issues with getting booted last night on Xbox One. So I'm guessing Bungie was having some serious problems yesterday

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 4 of my real life friends still playing Destiny but currently only 1 of them is good enough for things like the Raid and Nightfall. Ill likely be getting to the point of having to recruit people or join another group but Im not there yet.

I've had GREAT success using r/fireteams.

Now have a handful of people to raid with weekly....finally.
Got my raid chest piece last night... so now all I'm missing is the boots. Then I'll be at 30. :yahoo: