• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had GREAT success using r/fireteams.

Now have a handful of people to raid with weekly....finally.
Got my raid chest piece last night... so now all I'm missing is the boots. Then I'll be at 30. :yahoo:

I have had a tough time getting Raid gear. I've finish normal Raid 6 times. So far no armor. I just got the Epilogue.

I now have 3 characters I can run the Raid with so hopefully things will get better.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had a tough time getting Raid gear. I've finish normal Raid 6 times. So far no armor. I just got the Epilogue.

I now have 3 characters I can run the Raid with so hopefully things will get better.

Have finished it 5 times now... 4 all the way through..and once at the 2 relics before atheon.

Have gotten:

Chatterwhite 5x
Vision of Confluence
Found Verdict
Praedyth’s Revenge
Corrective Measure
Gjallarhorn

and 2 pieces of raid gear.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have finished it 5 times now... 4 all the way through..and once at the 2 relics before atheon.

Have gotten:

Chatterwhite 5x
Vision of Confluence
Found Verdict
Praedyth’s Revenge
Corrective Measure
Gjallarhorn

and 2 pieces of raid gear.
I could care less about the Raid Gear because the level cap will go up with the DLC and the new Raid but I really want those weapons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less about the Raid Gear because the level cap will go up with the DLC and the new Raid but I really want those weapons.

Well I would like to complete the Raid on hard and that is really difficult with a Level 29 character.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would like to complete the Raid on hard and that is really difficult with a Level 29 character.
Honestly, I'm probably a couple of months away from that just because Dragon Age is coming out and I have enough people interested in playing Diablo. Destiny is probably going to be my 'downtime' game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got some Raid armor yesterday. Still need to finish the set out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love honest game trailers. Freaking hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You playing this F-hawk? I'm level 21, getting bored. Maybe I'll mothball it until DLC's come out?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You playing this F-hawk? I'm level 21, getting bored. Maybe I'll mothball it until DLC's come out?

The game is fairly generic until you get to about level 26 and you can start playing the weekly, Nightfall, and Raid strikes. You need to do a lot of bounties and level up either crucible or vanguard so you can buy legendary armor. And get a piece of exotic armor from Xur.

The Raid strike in particular is a lot of fun. You need 6 people and they need to work together pretty closely in order to achieve it. It is the only game I've ever felt that mics are really useful.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game would give me some damn raid gloves, then I would be at level 30. Stupid RNG.

I still need 2 of helmet, chest, and boots. I have raid gloves and 3 pieces of exotic armor so boots would be the most important since I don't have exotic boots.

My weapons kit is pretty legit at this point. Still want to get the Vision of Confluence and one of the guided rocket launchers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is fairly generic until you get to about level 26 and you can start playing the weekly, Nightfall, and Raid strikes. You need to do a lot of bounties and level up either crucible or vanguard so you can buy legendary armor. And get a piece of exotic armor from Xur.

The Raid strike in particular is a lot of fun. You need 6 people and they need to work together pretty closely in order to achieve it. It is the only game I've ever felt that mics are really useful.
The strength in the game in general is the co-op play. Being able to set plans with different abilities and having different class strengths, play styles and gun types all come together really is something special.

The Raid, weekly and Nightfall are pretty flawed, though because Melee and Strength suck hard (and thats before factoring in Lightswitch) and thats a big part of the game. The endgame would be much better if the drops were more plentiful, too. They nerfed the drops because of the loot cave but now its just waiting for Xur and doing the Raid.

Destiny will be a great game. On Playstation. After the next 2 DLCs. If I was on Xbox One, Id probably give the game a nice break until the DLCs give all of the content.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strength in the game in general is the co-op play. Being able to set plans with different abilities and having different class strengths, play styles and gun types all come together really is something special.

The Raid, weekly and Nightfall are pretty flawed, though because Melee and Strength suck hard (and thats before factoring in Lightswitch) and thats a big part of the game. The endgame would be much better if the drops were more plentiful, too. They nerfed the drops because of the loot cave but now its just waiting for Xur and doing the Raid.

Destiny will be a great game. On Playstation. After the next 2 DLCs. If I was on Xbox One, Id probably give the game a nice break until the DLCs give all of the content.

I think Raid is good. Nigthfall is annoying because it is basically impossible beat those strikes unless you do the one specific "trick" to beat them. You run around shooting things against the Boss in nightfall and you will end of dead very quickly not matter what level you are.

The PS exclusive strikes really annoy the crap out of me but at least they are giving us a new Raid and a new strike.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Raid is good. Nigthfall is annoying because it is basically impossible beat those strikes unless you do the one specific "trick" to beat them. You run around shooting things against the Boss in nightfall and you will end of dead very quickly not matter what level you are.
Thats what I hear Hard Mode Vault of Glass is like, too. Even after they patched Atheon.

In Borderlands 2 terms, Gjallarhorn is the pre-nerf Conference Call of the game and the Sunsinger is far and away the best subclass while picking a Bladedancer might get you booted from your team. The fact that they have a mechanic (Fireborn) that gets around death and they have a glitch where Fireborn doesn't use a Super. I'd probably just run 4 Sunsingers and 2 Defenders with Armamentarium in a group

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Sunsingers and Defenders are the definitely the most useful classes for the high level strikes.

I do find it frustrating that you can have one of the top level weapons completely leveled up and unload a full clip into various bad guys and still not kill them.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly just come here to complain about the game now lol.

With that, another thing I've found annoying is how you have to upgrade your shit. Essentially, beyond just playing the character with them equipped, you have to then find out what materials are needed and run around in circles for an hour or more collecting stuff out of boxes. Come on game Designers. As if the repetitive missions, strikes and Crucible matches weren't enough, now you expect me to run around in circles for hours in different spots opening up boxes that may or may not be in certain spots. I spent a good 2 hours yesterday collecting about 40 spirit bloom and 40 helium cores just to upgrade a couple of my things. It got me to level 28...but man. Stupid.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
density.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big update today.

-Iron Banner 2.0 changes. Level matters more, Reforge weapons for new perks, only winners get loot.
-Carry 10 Bounties now instead of 5
-You can talk to people on Crucible teams and Strike Teams
-3 man strikes dont scale in difficulty as much so there is less incentive to do things solo
-Lots of Crucible map fixes so Control is more balanced
-More Shaders at the Tower
-Public events happen 10-15% more often
-A couple of the boss 'cheese' spots were taken out of Strikes

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big update today.

-Iron Banner 2.0 changes. Level matters more, Reforge weapons for new perks, only winners get loot.
-Carry 10 Bounties now instead of 5
-You can talk to people on Crucible teams and Strike Teams
-3 man strikes dont scale in difficulty as much so there is less incentive to do things solo
-Lots of Crucible map fixes so Control is more balanced
-More Shaders at the Tower
-Public events happen 10-15% more often
-A couple of the boss 'cheese' spots were taken out of Strikes

The update also made my Legndary/300 damage Auto Rifle's aim less stable.