• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The update did a good job bridging the gap for people coming into the game late so they can make it from 20 to 26.

Super Good Advice is still a weak gun. I have 2 legendary Machine Guns better than it. Pocket Infinity is currently glitched. That currently leaves me with only 2 exotic weapons that are any good - Plan C and the Truth. I have a bunch of strange coins stockpiled so hopefully something good comes this week.

You guys really should hit the Crucible at some point, imo. The PVE content only goes so far

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. They created an ability for both Vanguard and Crucible points to be cashed in for material. IMO, this is great because I really don't have much need for normal legendary gear anymore.

Not needing ascendant material to upgrade exotics is good. The exotic chards are a little annoying but honestly I rarely needed to use strange coins anymore since they are usually selling weapons I don't need. I have all the raid weapons and gear so Xur's stuff is secondary.

The one thing I didn't like is that they got rid of the Templar cheese in the Raid. That stage is really difficult on hard.

I think the problem with a true market is that it can really screw up the game. All of the sudden Level 20s can buy Raid gear if they have enough whatever.

My guess is that they are going to charge quite a bit for the level 32 stuff. More material and more chards.

Seeing as you can get 9 strange coins from doing the weekly strike on level 28, I don't think strange coins are that much of a problem.

They created something to spend marks on, but before I could farm those materials and turn them in for XP and I can't anymore. it was bonus for me, as I would play I would grab materials I saw and then turn them in. Now I have a huge stock of them and nothing to do with them.

I agree about the strange coins, but I have been farming public events to get materials lately and was upgrading all my exotics the last couple of weeks, so the timing for me couldn't be worse :)

As for the market, I get that. It also introduces real world trading en sech. Just set light limits on Raid gear, so you have to be 28 to equip it.

And as for the weekly strike, if they would allow team creation then it would be better for me. :pound:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The update did a good job bridging the gap for people coming into the game late so they can make it from 20 to 26.

Super Good Advice is still a weak gun. I have 2 legendary Machine Guns better than it. Pocket Infinity is currently glitched. That currently leaves me with only 2 exotic weapons that are any good - Plan C and the Truth. I have a bunch of strange coins stockpiled so hopefully something good comes this week.

You guys really should hit the Crucible at some point, imo. The PVE content only goes so far

Sounds like we have most of the same exotic weapons, but I have the MIDI as well. Just maxed it and use it almost exclusively.

One change that I wish they would make, and this probably only affects the old PS3 users, is to add preset weapon groupings and assign those to the "point, dance, wave" keys. That way I could quickly change between exotics. Right now it isn't feasible in a firefight to change because it takes 5 seconds for my weapons to populate once I hit start. That's an eternity when you are getting shot at.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find a lot of the exotics to be decent but not as good as the Raid weapons.

Here are the exotics and raid weapons I have. I'll start with the weaker stuff. Generally I like the Raid weapons better, particularly the primary weapons, because they deliver special damage

Exotics
Invective - I rarely use shotties since I mostly do PvE. Reload speeds were pretty poor.
Last Word - Not a huge hand cannon guy. Pretty good gun though.
Hard Light - I'm still leveling it up. So far pretty meh. I hear it gets much more stable once it is leveled.
Suros Regime - This was my goto weapon for a long while. Very stable. Good damage. I would like the rate of fire to be higher.
Icebreaker - Really like this weapon. Great damage. Infiinite ammo supply.
Patience and Time - Great all purpose weapon. Love having 3rd eye.
Vex - Just got it. love that they buffed it to 323 damage.

Raid

Fatebringer - Arc burn hand cannon. Again, not a huge hand cannon guy. But it will be helpful when arc burn is going.
Praedyth's Timepiece - Arc burn pulse - Just got this and leveling up.
Vision of Confluence - Solar damage scout that can fire auto - One of my goto weapons.
Atheon's Epilogue - Void damage auto - Kicks ass against Praetorians. High rate of fire if you can keep on target.
Praedyth's Revenge - Void sniper. I only use it in special situations.
Praetorian Foil - Solar fusion weapon - Kick ass fusion rifle. Deals all sorts of damage in PvE.
Corrective Measure - Good machine gun.
Hezen's Vengeance - My primary heavy at least until I get Gjallahorn

Vision and Revenge have been my main weapons unless I'm sniping. When I get the timepiece upgraded and the Vex I will use them a lot as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we have most of the same exotic weapons, but I have the MIDI as well. Just maxed it and use it almost exclusively.
It looks like a fun weapon. I'm currently trying to max out 2 legendary scout rifles that have radar active when you look down the sites so I figured it would be redundant unless I wanted to run a super fast Titan. Ultimately, I decided against buying it in favor of hoping that Icebreaker, Praxic Fire or some other crazy good weapon came out last week. Plan C is a crazy good PVP weapon but Im not sure I need any more of those but I picked it up anyways.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They created something to spend marks on, but before I could farm those materials and turn them in for XP and I can't anymore. it was bonus for me, as I would play I would grab materials I saw and then turn them in. Now I have a huge stock of them and nothing to do with them.

I agree about the strange coins, but I have been farming public events to get materials lately and was upgrading all my exotics the last couple of weeks, so the timing for me couldn't be worse :)

Well of course the conversion was going to cause problems for some. I'm just glad I don't have to farm anymore.

As for the market, I get that. It also introduces real world trading en sech. Just set light limits on Raid gear, so you have to be 28 to equip it.

And as for the weekly strike, if they would allow team creation then it would be better for me. :pound:

I would like to see marketplace but I also think that a lot of the fun is getting a weapon from a drop. If you just buy them all then it is less interesting.

match making for weeklys is something they are planning to do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a fun weapon. I'm currently trying to max out 2 legendary scout rifles that have radar active when you look down the sites so I figured it would be redundant unless I wanted to run a super fast Titan. Ultimately, I decided against buying it in favor of hoping that Icebreaker, Praxic Fire or some other crazy good weapon came out last week. Plan C is a crazy good PVP weapon but Im not sure I need any more of those but I picked it up anyways.

What is Praxic Fire?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to join some people and play the raid eventually. I'm just shy of 29 so might not be high enough to really help. It usually one buddy of mine and I that play, and get matched with a random dude. From the team chats with the random dude, I think I am annoyed by teenagers too much to add random friends to team up.

Very first team chat was some 16 year old stoner who started "yo, who's da titan? We have the exact same gear yo. what are the odds of that man?" There are three classes and a handful of gear...pretty good chances :L

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Praxic Fire?
Its the best Sunsinger Armor. It further reduces cooldowns while the Super is active so you get to throw a bazillion grenades.

I'm also a fan of random drops but Ive played the game a TON and Ive gotten ZERO random drop exotic weapons and 1 random drop exotic Armor. Thats just silly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I lucked out and got the plan C and MIDI without buying :csb:

But I was wanting a great scout for a long time and would have bought it. I've had great luck with converting exotic engrams too. I have bought 3 and converted them and got two helmets and armamentarium for my titan. The chest armor was bought with my warlock but haven't played him since.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to join some people and play the raid eventually. I'm just shy of 29 so might not be high enough to really help. It usually one buddy of mine and I that play, and get matched with a random dude. From the team chats with the random dude, I think I am annoyed by teenagers too much to add random friends to team up.

Level 27 and above is fine for the normal Raid. Hard Raid pretty much needs level 30 or at least mostly level 30s.

Very first team chat was some 16 year old stoner who started "yo, who's da titan? We have the exact same gear yo. what are the odds of that man?" There are three classes and a handful of gear...pretty good chances :L

I've matched up with a lot of randoms. Some really young and some older. One person I play with regularly now is 15 years old. He talks a lot but I know how to tune out and since I usually only care to talk to convey information about what we are doing I don't care when people hog up the conversation.

Once you get a decent corps of players to group up with you don't really need to worry much about it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the best Sunsinger Armor. It further reduces cooldowns while the Super is active so you get to throw a bazillion grenades.

I'm also a fan of random drops but Ive played the game a TON and Ive gotten ZERO random drop exotic weapons and 1 random drop exotic Armor. Thats just silly.

I've done ok on the random drops for exotics. I got the Patience and Time and Icebreaker from Raid drops.

Drops in regular strikes and crucible are ridiculously rare. I've only ever seen one exotic drop in crucible. Other than Nightfall I have almost never seen a exotic drop in a strike.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done ok on the random drops for exotics. I got the Patience and Time and Icebreaker from Raid drops.

Drops in regular strikes and crucible are ridiculously rare. I've only ever seen one exotic drop in crucible. Other than Nightfall I have almost never seen a exotic drop in a strike.

like an exotic engram? I've only ever got exotics from legendarys that are decrypted into exotic.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive never seen an exotic drop and Ive only gotten 1 exotic out of a legendary engram. The loot cave bastards really ruined it for everyone else and Bungie hasn't really given another solution outside of Nightfall and Raids.

Heck, Im going to go start a Nightfall right now. I dont think Ill ever have enough time to do a Raid. Its hard enough to do a Strike without a Pause button.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like an exotic engram? I've only ever got exotics from legendarys that are decrypted into exotic.

No. Straight drops. The only exotic engram I've ever received are the armor engrams that Xur sells.

I'm going to finish off my pocket destiny bounty I have had for a month. You have to kill 200 bad guys with a fusion rifle in Nightfall to get it. Now that I have the Vex, it should be pretty simple.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm currently loving the Last Word hand cannon. It's like an auto rifle but in hand cannon form so it does some crazy damage to things. I also just got Ice Breaker at the end of a strike -- and I'm loving that as well. But again, once I upgrade those I'm not sure what else there is to do other than just own things with those weapons.

The new patch did make some previously terrible exotics more intriguing. There's the one hand canon that does poison damage that looks like a great option now with a faster reload time and more rounds in the magazine.

And I don't think exotic engrams exist anywhere but Xur. And even he's only sold the ones for armor.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The RNG system can be extremely frustrating at times. The last two weeks, I've gotten nothing but shards/energy or strange coins and repeat purple guns that I don't need. Meanwhile a friend of mine has gotten gjallarhorn (I'm still missing this one) thunderlord and suros regime all in the same time frame. A different friend got ice breakers in back to back nightfalls. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see my friends get these guns, but I wonder when I am gonna have some luck. Ran the normal raid with my 28 Warlock last week trying to get the two pieces I need to hit 30 and got nothing but shards. Did the hard raid with my hunter (needed to play iron banner to get the gauntlets and legs to hit 30 because I couldn't get those pieces from the raid) trying to get any of the 4 hard raid weapon drops and got none of them. I've never gotten an exotic from the raid, but I've seen the last word and gjallarhorn drop several times each for others. Still waiting and hoping, but it does get very annoying.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Straight drops. The only exotic engram I've ever received are the armor engrams that Xur sells.

I'm going to finish off my pocket destiny bounty I have had for a month. You have to kill 200 bad guys with a fusion rifle in Nightfall to get it. Now that I have the Vex, it should be pretty simple.

ha, I dropped that a long time ago. I'm sitting on the one taht should be easy but I abhor PVP, and that's the exotic pulse (juju perhaps?) that needs 9k xp in PVP. Could probably do that in an hour as I'm already at 3k, but just hate PVP.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RNG system can be extremely frustrating at times. The last two weeks, I've gotten nothing but shards/energy or strange coins and repeat purple guns that I don't need. Meanwhile a friend of mine has gotten gjallarhorn (I'm still missing this one) thunderlord and suros regime all in the same time frame. A different friend got ice breakers in back to back nightfalls. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see my friends get these guns, but I wonder when I am gonna have some luck. Ran the normal raid with my 28 Warlock last week trying to get the two pieces I need to hit 30 and got nothing but shards. Did the hard raid with my hunter (needed to play iron banner to get the gauntlets and legs to hit 30 because I couldn't get those pieces from the raid) trying to get any of the 4 hard raid weapon drops and got none of them. I've never gotten an exotic from the raid, but I've seen the last word and gjallarhorn drop several times each for others. Still waiting and hoping, but it does get very annoying.
Yeah, Im not going to sweat trying to get every weapon in the game. The armors generally change how you play more, anyways, and you can dominate the Crucible with a Shingen if you want. The new DLC armors also sound really, really fun.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DLC is going to make every non-exotic obsolete outside of the Crucible, btw. Which is pretty standard for MMOs.