• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, after I fully upgraded my hunter for the achievement...i'm going to delete it and create another warlock.
Yeah, but Hunter is the most fun character, imo, even if its the worst endgame.

Thats a big sacrifice to make because RNG sucks.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i finished an exotic bounty for the machine gun, and just have to go to the gunsmith to get it.

should i wait to get it until after the dlc?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i finished an exotic bounty for the machine gun, and just have to go to the gunsmith to get it.

I'd say so, if for no other reason than it isn't that great. I hardly use mine, and I have it unlocked to the final three bubbles. Getting most missed shots back is nice, but really the Truth is my go to heavy weapon.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say so, if for no other reason than it isn't that great. I hardly use mine, and I have it unlocked to the final three bubbles. Getting most missed shots back is nice, but really the Truth is my go to heavy weapon.

yeah, i've gotten it a few times now, and just always break it down

i was just wondering if it will matter pre/post dlc? i haven't looked into changes as far as how legendary/exotic weapons and armor will break down differently

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i've gotten it a few times now, and just always break it down

i was just wondering if it will matter pre/post dlc? i haven't looked into changes as far as how legendary/exotic weapons and armor will break down differently
Wait for it.

Current Exotics and Bounties operate at a certain level and the DLC exotics operate a couple levels higher in damage output. Xur sells upgrades for the old ones every week *or* you can skip the middleman, save Strange Coins and just finish the bounty next week

Although if we are talking about Super Good Advice then you really should have something better.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Super Good Advice? Ewwwwww.

Corrective Measure is better... IMO. And it isnt an exotic...

Finally got my Fatebringer and Vex this past weekend - in the same raid. I'm a happy Guardian now. :lol:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait for it.

Current Exotics and Bounties operate at a certain level and the DLC exotics operate a couple levels higher in damage output. Xur sells upgrades for the old ones every week *or* you can skip the middleman, save Strange Coins and just finish the bounty next week

Although if we are talking about Super Good Advice then you really should have something better.

yeah, i'm still looking for any info about the dlc in terms of what materials exotics will break down to.

to be clear, for the second time, i don't use super good advice as a weapon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'm still looking for any info about the dlc in terms of what materials exotics will break down to.
An Exotic breaks down into an Exotic Shard. Every Exotic now needs 1 Exotic Shard to reach its maximum potential and they are only gotten by breaking down other Exotics or Buying them from Xur (they cost 7 Strange Coins, IIRC)

Or so I hear

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Exotic breaks down into an Exotic Shard. Every Exotic now needs 1 Exotic Shard to reach its maximum potential and they are only gotten by breaking down other Exotics or Buying them from Xur (they cost 7 Strange Coins, IIRC)

Or so I hear

okay, got it now

i was really confused by all of that because i hadn't taken the time to read it all

thanks for the summary

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like Bungie is screwing people that don't buy the DLC. Doesn't effect me as I bought it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like Bungie is screwing people that don't buy the DLC. Doesn't effect me as I bought it.
Most MMO people probably saw this coming. It kinda sucks, though. No reason not to buy the DLC unless you are completely done with the game.

Any conspiracy theories of Bungie holding back story for the DLC is out the window. Destiny is a much better product now then it was at launch but alas we have no story. Clearly Bungie ran out of time and/or money and never put in a story.

In about 4 hours of playing the dlc, Ive gotten a Legendary Shard which gave me a Suros, a Legendary Ship, over a full level in the Cryptarch, a Vanguard Legendary Gear that will get me to level 30, a Legendary Butt Towel for my Titan, a few Motes of Light, and a Legendary Fusion Rifle thats pretty meh but can shoot Arc or Solar.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't seen or read up anything in the last few days, what brought this revelation on? I haven't decided if I buy the DLC or not.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen or read up anything in the last few days, what brought this revelation on? I haven't decided if I buy the DLC or not.
No Nightfalls or Weekly Strikes if those involve a DLC Mission (which is currently happening)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Nightfalls or Weekly Strikes if those involve a DLC Mission (which is currently happening)

Is this intentional, or an oversight that they may correct with a patch?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this intentional, or an oversight that they may correct with a patch?
I'd imagine its quite intentional. Bungie is in business to make money, apparently.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine its quite intentional. Bungie is in business to make money, apparently.

I was really confused. I had it in my mind that even those with the DLC were negatively effected by this.

Derp.

I understand now that you're saying those who want to continue playing the game as they always have before pretty much have to download the DLC.

I went ahead and just bought the pass for $35 or whatever since I'm sure the same will happen with DLC #2.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most MMO people probably saw this coming. It kinda sucks, though. No reason not to buy the DLC unless you are completely done with the game.

Truth be told I can't imagine there are many people that are still playing this game that aren't going to buy the DLC. If you are still playing that means you like the game but you can't possibly be content with the content of the original.

I guess if all you play is PVP then you don't need the DLC. A few extra maps aren't going to matter all that much.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts on the new content:

The story mission on the moon is actually quite fun. The terrain is restricting in some areas and full of pathways for the Hive to charge you from different angles. Probably one of the better designed story missions overall.

The Strike on Earth is pretty hectic. Have an Arc Weapon for your secondary and a Solar Weapon for your heavy. The mission is about 200% easier with the Helm of Saint 14. The Strike is all about crowd control and how quickly you can take enemies out so Warlocks should be handy, too. The new missions are good to farm because they just throw Hive enemies at you in clumps.

Ill be level 30 tonight after getting some Helium so thats pretty sweet.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the thoughts, Clayton. Good stuff to know.

I just started playing the DLC. Glad I had been hording everything for past few months, including 60 Black Wax Dolls.