• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DLC is going to make every non-exotic obsolete outside of the Crucible, btw. Which is pretty standard for MMOs.

I don't think this is true. They are going to be offering higher level legendary weapons. There will be level 32 Raid weapons. Of course weapons designed for lower level matches won't do well in the new Raid but that is to be expected.

The level up process for exotic is kinda annoying, if you ask me. It takes forever to level up exotics and now you will need to reset your gains on an exotic to make it level 32. Whereas a person who just gets an exotic can just get the upgrade and start upgrading from scratch to level 32.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is true. They are going to be offering higher level legendary weapons. There will be level 32 Raid weapons. Of course weapons designed for lower level matches won't do well in the new Raid but that is to be expected.

The level up process for exotic is kinda annoying, if you ask me. It takes forever to level up exotics and now you will need to reset your gains on an exotic to make it level 32. Whereas a person who just gets an exotic can just get the upgrade and start upgrading from scratch to level 32.

I was reading that update and trying to figure out if that is what they really meant. If so, that screws everyone who has been playing for a while. I already felt that in all the ascendent energy I sank into my exotics, but now if I lose even that :gaah:

borderlands pre-sequel has already dropped in price, may go to that for a while until Bungie gets their crap figured out with Destiny.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing worth working on right now is Strange Coins, Glimmer, Motes of Light and Exotic Bounties until the DLC hits. I just knocked off Invective pretty quickly and I have a Bad Juju (suddenly an awesome weapon) and a Thorn (also awesome) bounty to knock off.

So my final exotic weapons list will be: Pocket Infinity, Plan C, Invective, Bad Juju, Thorn, Super Good Advice, Truth, whatever Xur is selling this week, (hopefully) whatever I pick up off the super easy Nightfall this week.

SGA will get broken down, Truth, Plan C, Pocket Infinity, Invective and Thorn are all PVP Weapons and Attack power doesnt mean anything in Crucible. So that means Ill only be leveling the Bad Juju which I haven't currently gotten.

So I'm not losing out on anything, really, when it comes to weapons. :yahoo:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading that update and trying to figure out if that is what they really meant. If so, that screws everyone who has been playing for a while. I already felt that in all the ascendent energy I sank into my exotics, but now if I lose even that :gaah:

I'll wait to see what they say tonight and how it plays out but if that is really the case then I will be REALLY upset. That would be a huge FU to the players that have put a lot of time into the game. They would basically be saying that some guy who bought an exotic tomorrow at Xur would be at the same upgrade point as one of us on an exotic because it would reset the moment you tried to upgrade it.

I could live with the notion that in order to get to level you have to level it up completely and then upgrade it and then level it again. Providing a short cut for new players is entirely unreasonable

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providing a short cut for new players is entirely unreasonable
Yeah, but the new players won't have the benefit of cheesing Atheon, cheesing the Templar, cheesing the RNG with the loot cave, cheesing shards with Queens Wrath, having Icebreaker and G-Horn from Xur, etc, etc.

This is the first patch in awhile that hasnt punished newer players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the new players won't have the benefit of cheesing Atheon, cheesing the Templar, cheesing the RNG with the loot cave, cheesing shards with Queens Wrath, having Icebreaker and G-Horn from Xur, etc, etc.

This is the first patch in awhile that hasnt punished newer players.

I don't find patch fixing to be punishing new players. By the time I was high enough level to do the Raid the Atheon patch was just about to come out. Granted I did get to cheese the Templar quite a bit but honestly that is hardly some massive crutch. My group figured out how to beat him on hard in about an hour.

Not being around when Xur is selling weapon seems to be something that new players should expect. There will be a bunch of new gear that they will have an equal chance at.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be a bunch of new gear that they will have an equal chance at.
Sure, but the two best exotics for PVE are Icebreaker and Gjallerhorn and its not close.

Honestly, I dont think its a big deal as long as they still have the ability to speed the leveling process up. The new Exotics are going to be really good and most people will probably only bother leveling 2-5 of their old ones.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't find patch fixing to be punishing new players. By the time I was high enough level to do the Raid the Atheon patch was just about to come out. Granted I did get to cheese the Templar quite a bit but honestly that is hardly some massive crutch. My group figured out how to beat him on hard in about an hour.

Not being around when Xur is selling weapon seems to be something that new players should expect. There will be a bunch of new gear that they will have an equal chance at.

Well, they won't have pumpkin heads until at least october of next year :lol:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but the two best exotics for PVE are Icebreaker and Gjallerhorn and its not close.

This is true. Most of the other high quality PvE weapons are the Raid weapons.

Honestly, I dont think its a big deal as long as they still have the ability to speed the leveling process up. The new Exotics are going to be really good and most people will probably only bother leveling 2-5 of their old ones.

As I said, the only thing that bothers is me that if they do what people assume they are doing, they are essentially resetting everyone's gear.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, the only thing that bothers is me that if they do what people assume they are doing, they are essentially resetting everyone's gear.
Yeah, pretty much a blank slate for PVE except that you dont have to bother getting new Exotics.

My .02: they are going to kill the game after the first 2 DLCs and come out with a Destiny 2 that has a massive story. By getting people used to wiping gear EXP, they are setting people up for a sequel and not an endless expansion MMO like WoW.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty much a blank slate for PVE except that you dont have to bother getting new Exotics.

My .02: they are going to kill the game after the first 2 DLCs and come out with a Destiny 2 that has a massive story. By getting people used to wiping gear EXP, they are setting people up for a sequel and not an endless expansion MMO like WoW.

I really don't have a problem with them doing a wipe after the DLC. The world isn't big enough that you need to keep the investment. And, truth be told, games like WoW start becoming really complicated and really hard for new players to become really competitive because characters stick around for years.

I do think that the Destiny 2 story will likely build off of the existing story arc even if it changes it dramatically. There has to be some continuity. If the game is going to have long term viability then it will need to have continuity between iterations. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of port of your existing characters to the new game but it would only give you a small edge over a fresh character.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the game since launch, and have purposefully not dismantled exotics or spent shards/energy on exotic upgrades....well, except for Icebreaker, which I use like a primary.

The game was in serious need of tweaking, and I figured it was best to just stay on a holding pattern until it all got figured out.

Looks like I made the right decision.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had the game since launch, and have purposefully not dismantled exotics or spent shards/energy on exotic upgrades....well, except for Icebreaker, which I use like a primary.

The game was in serious need of tweaking, and I figured it was best to just stay on a holding pattern until it all got figured out.

Looks like I made the right decision.
I sure hope you upgraded your armor or else you were seriously hurting some fireteams.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope you upgraded your armor or else you were seriously hurting some fireteams.

nope, haven't done the last 3 upgrade bubbles for any of my armor, including exotic

i also haven't done VoG or Raids yet. all 3 of my guardians are lvl 27, and i've been fine with that. just stockpiling until they're done with this dlc tweaking.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im not going to sweat trying to get every weapon in the game. The armors generally change how you play more, anyways, and you can dominate the Crucible with a Shingen if you want. The new DLC armors also sound really, really fun.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I'm not going for every gun either. The very nature of RNG makes that damn near impossible unless you can play this game multiple hours every single day. Even then.

That said, I don't think it's asking too much that after 3 clears of the hard raid to have just one of the hard raid guns though. In particular I really want either praedyth's timepiece or fatebringer for arc burn nightfalls. I just finished my third clear of the hard raid about 20 minutes ago with a really good team. Did it in about an hour. Of course, once again, none of the four hard raid guns dropped. No exotics either. But I did get chatterwhite and aspect of glass again. Yay! :rollseyes:

Anyway I'm done bitching about the rng in this game. Just freaking annoying as hell is all.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all the raid weapons. I have 2 level 30 warlocks. I have finished the Raid about 15-20 times. Still can't get the raid chest piece.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have all the raid weapons. I have 2 level 30 warlocks. I have finished the Raid about 15-20 times. Still can't get the raid chest piece.
2 of the same character? Thats dedication. I guess if I never did PVP then I wouldnt see a point to the Hunter

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the same character? Thats dedication. I guess if I never did PVP then I wouldnt see a point to the Hunter

Well once you reach level 20, you just swap the armor. Makes it easier to get better drops. That's why I have 2 level 30s.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really dedication... more like the easy route. Once you're a 20 you can swap gear and do the nightfall, weekly, and raid twice. Doubles your chances for stuff.

Hell, after I fully upgraded my hunter for the achievement...i'm going to delete it and create another warlock. Have the gear to have 3 30's. :nod:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i've gotten it twice. But its always the blue version - and not the golden version.

All my other gear is the "hard" gear..(gold). Makes me sad.