• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Queen's missions/story. The helmet & body armor are +18 each I believe.
Yeah. It took me forever to get to level 21 but then I went from 21 to 24 in like a day due to the Queen's Helmet and some random drops afforded by going up levels and being able to do harder things.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is fun, but they definitely set unrealistic expectations. I'm still hopefully they will upgrade the game with future content.
I think they will. It seems like they were more worried about logistical issues like 'will our servers crash' as opposed to 'should we write a story?' Its not hard to make stories out of this...there are literally hundreds of Warhammer 40k stories and its not hard to see the similarities in art design between the Cabal and Space Marines or the Guardians and Tau.

They obviously had a twist with the darkness and the traveler and they are waiting.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished the campaign last night. The story in this game is a total joke. I don't even understand what the point of the last two missions are for. They're really easy and I technically beat the game the mission before they unlocked.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It took me forever to get to level 21 but then I went from 21 to 24 in like a day due to the Queen's Helmet and some random drops afforded by going up levels and being able to do harder things.

Hoping I have the same luck, finally got to level 21, now I'm jumping into the Queens missions.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some exotic armor from the strange coin guy. It is the Titan chest armor that he has right now...it is legit.

I have the Queens helmet on, and it looks like garbage, but it is the strongest one, so I have to wear it til I get something better, I have the bloodpact shader on cause my guy doesn't match at all right now, lol

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished the campaign last night. The story in this game is a total joke. I don't even understand what the point of the last two missions are for. They're really easy and I technically beat the game the mission before they unlocked.

You have Grimoire cards right? Read em.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grimoire cards provide great lore, but Bungie really should have made them accessible in game. You shouldn't have to go to their website if you want to learn more about the story.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally stories coming out that state the obvious: Bungie gutted the campaign. Apparently the story involved the Travelers bringing the darkness and actually being bad guys. Which I thought made sense from the beginning. We act like we're greatful for these fucks when they were being "at best" chased by an advanced race and ran to earth, leading to us being destroyed. M

Anyway, they had issues with writers leaving or being fired and gutted the game in the last year of development. This also makes sense, because there are so many parts of the worlds you can go explore yet the campaign only covers a small fraction of them, which is ridiculous.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grimoire cards provide great lore, but Bungie really should have made them accessible in game. You shouldn't have to go to their website if you want to learn more about the story.
This. I'm not going to a website to read about a game. Its fanfic at that point and not a piece of the product.

The rumors about the story are just rumors except for the part about people getting fired. Honestly, its probably all there as DLC and junk on their website which ill probably never visit.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy heck the exotic bounties are ridiculous. I have to get 500 void damage in PVP now and I only have one void weapon and kills count as 5 and dying for any reason is -2. I might never get this weapon unless I get good at PVP

You'll get it. I suck at pvp (played about 40 matches or so total and have a K/D ratio well under 1) and after 7 matches since picking up the bounty I'm at 135 of 500. The biggest sticker is the void damage. I'm using a hunter and I don't have any abilities with void damage, so I gotta stick with my shotgun/fusion rifle and rocket launcher. Makes it tricky. My good friend Doctor Nope is feeling neglected.

I've made it to level 27 but the progress has pretty much halted. Need to get a ton of ascendant materials. I'm not even close to the best player in the game so I don't like to do high level strikes with randoms. Tried the nightfall strike a couple days ago and got my ass kicked. Same with the raid. So until I get good enough to do those I won't really see much progress beyond where I'm at. Playing the crucible has given me jack shit.

The gameplay is fun, but I pretty much agree with the complaints that seem pretty common among those playing destiny.

tumblr_ncaaz1wv1Q1tdgzwso1_500.jpg

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was one of the recent patches to lessen the drop rate of loot? I decided to start a Titan Defender this weekend, and i'm level 9 and it's hard as hell to get a decent gun. Seems like they increased the glimmer drops, and decreased the gun drops. I still have yet to get a freaking sniper. I bought one, but haven't had one drop yet. I'm getting just as many headshots, but hardly ever get a drop. Hope they aren't doing the Borderlands thing where in order to get the best loot you have to max out your party. last time i was playing co-op with my buddy, this time I am solo as I try to catch up.

And I guess I gotta start playing the large strikes, because the reason I started this character is out of boredom with the last one. Why even have a story mode if it is going to be that weak and render so little. This game could be awesome, but they are dropping the ball right now. Almost feels like they are purposefully holding the cool stuff back for a DLC's. Like is there any reason to buy a ship? Other than it looking different during the extensive load times, what good is it? Will they have a DLC that you can fly them?

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they cut down on loot because of all the farming. A patch is going live tomorrow that will set all spawn times to 49 seconds and pretty much put an end to farming, so loot drop should be set back to normal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they cut down on loot because of all the farming. A patch is going live tomorrow that will set all spawn times to 49 seconds and pretty much put an end to farming, so loot drop should be set back to normal.

spawn times? Is that for the enemies respawning? That sucks, teh only way I was able to get any drops last night was farming the group that comes up from the stairs in the cosmodrome every 10 seconds or so. Hit them 7 or 8 times and I could usually get a drop.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spawn times? Is that for the enemies respawning? That sucks, teh only way I was able to get any drops last night was farming the group that comes up from the stairs in the cosmodrome every 10 seconds or so. Hit them 7 or 8 times and I could usually get a drop.

Yeah it does. That's how I've been getting Legendary engrams (in the Rocketyards though).

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll get it. I suck at pvp (played about 40 matches or so total and have a K/D ratio well under 1) and after 7 matches since picking up the bounty I'm at 135 of 500. The biggest sticker is the void damage. I'm using a hunter and I don't have any abilities with void damage, so I gotta stick with my shotgun/fusion rifle and rocket launcher. Makes it tricky. My good friend Doctor Nope is feeling neglected.

I've made it to level 27 but the progress has pretty much halted. Need to get a ton of ascendant materials. I'm not even close to the best player in the game so I don't like to do high level strikes with randoms. Tried the nightfall strike a couple days ago and got my ass kicked. Same with the raid. So until I get good enough to do those I won't really see much progress beyond where I'm at. Playing the crucible has given me jack shit.

The gameplay is fun, but I pretty much agree with the complaints that seem pretty common among those playing destiny.

tumblr_ncaaz1wv1Q1tdgzwso1_500.jpg
I've found the strikes to be a lot easier once I finally got a couple guns that have 200ish damage. At first I kept wondering why I could throw the kitchen sink at these bosses and minions yet it barely seemed to phase them. Even the Vangard missions seemed to be stupidly hard without a decent gun.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found the strikes to be a lot easier once I finally got a couple guns that have 200ish damage. At first I kept wondering why I could throw the kitchen sink at these bosses and minions yet it barely seemed to phase them. Even the Vangard missions seemed to be stupidly hard without a decent gun.

I can't even get rare guns. I have duplicate rares for all my armor, but haven't had a single rare gun drop. Exact opposite for my buddy, has a rare version of literally every gun, but only one rare armor.

Once again, if they would hurry up and implement a trading/market the game would get much better :)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your level matters a lot so often times the best buff is Light. I still don't have any exotics. Just Purple versions of the Queen's Helmet, Queen's Chest Piece, Queen's Sniper Rifle and an Invisible Hand Shotgun. I think I chose the wrong faction (New Monarchy) because Discipline is the best stat on the Defender with Intellect a close 2nd. Magnetic Sticky Grenade is the best Grenade Ive seen in the whole game and they really help if I run into a Shielded enemy that has a Shield that is a different color than the weapons I have out.

Melee stuff is just so bad in late game level 20+. They need to balance subclass abilities differently based on PVE and PVP. No raid group in their right mind would be looking for a Striker.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Grimoire cards feel like a last minute addition that Bungie implemented to make up for the picked apart story. May explain why there is no in-game interface for them.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to add matchmaking for the weekly strikes and campaign missions. Hell, they need to add it for the raid as well (just make it so that a mic is required).