• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desean coming home

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on the positive side. If Philly signs a RB he'll have plenty of holes to run through.

About 16 if my count is correct.
Your count is wrong.
Being wrong and obnoxious is a theme for you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit! $19.3M between D Jax and Agholar???? They should have traded for OBJ. He only cost Cle about $15M per

FYI: I didn't see Malik Jackson on there so not sure it is accurate

That's how much money we have, we can even pay our 2 and 3 WRs almost 20 million dollars and still add more talent.
Are you getting it yet?:idea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a 1st and 3rd round pick. Talent wise he is worth it. Being the head case that he is. I am not so sure. I think Agholor is going to either restructure or get a new deal with more cap friendly numbers since he is on the 5th year of his rookie contract. The Eagles are not going to keep him at that number.
Personally I think he is much better than Jackson who is actually making slightly more as of today. I hope Philly cuts Agholor and keeps D Jax.:hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carson-wentz-713d3ff5cb33fe9b.jpg
rinse, repeat
5a73bb21d3437.image.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how much money we have, we can even pay our 2 and 3 WRs almost 20 million dollars and still add more talent.
Are you getting it yet?:idea:

depositphotos_108781344-stock-illustration-man-kicking-can-down-the.jpg

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think he is much better than Jackson who is actually making slightly more as of today. I hope Philly cuts Agholor and keeps D Jax.:hope:

I disagree. Jackson and Agholor are two different types of receivers. Agholor is not even remotely close to being the deep threat that Jackson is. IMO there are very few receivers that are. I have personally gone on record over the years as saying that Jackson is a one trick pony and I still believe that but his trick is a really good one.

In today's NFL you need to be able to stretch defenses and you cannot do that if your skill positions are slow. Defenses are not forced to be kept honest. What makes Jackson better than most deep threat receivers is that he is also a good route runner and can be very deceptive selling a deep route and then cutting it short.

I think Agholor is a good receiver. I do not think he is a true #1 receiver and has shown is not that good as a slot receiver. He needs to be on the outside. I think have Jackson on the team will help him a lot because it will open things up for him and allow Jeffries to work the middle of the field more.

I actually think the Eagles wind up giving Agholor a new team cap friendly deal that gives him some decent guaranteed money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Jackson and Agholor are two different types of receivers. Agholor is not even remotely close to being the deep threat that Jackson is. IMO there are very few receivers that are. I have personally gone on record over the years as saying that Jackson is a one trick pony and I still believe that but his trick is a really good one.

In today's NFL you need to be able to stretch defenses and you cannot do that if your skill positions are slow. Defenses are not forced to be kept honest. What makes Jackson better than most deep threat receivers is that he is also a good route runner and can be very deceptive selling a deep route and then cutting it short.

I think Agholor is a good receiver. I do not think he is a true #1 receiver and has shown is not that good as a slot receiver. He needs to be on the outside. I think have Jackson on the team will help him a lot because it will open things up for him and allow Jeffries to work the middle of the field more.

I actually think the Eagles wind up giving Agholor a new team cap friendly deal that gives him some decent guaranteed money.
I 100% agree with your premise. My point is teams no longer feel the need to double Jackson or slide a safety his way to contain him. I think you are expecting a D Jax type impact from the player he was 5 years ago. He just isn't that guy any longer. So he goes deep, one guy runs with him and he really doesn't impact the coverage on the rest of the field much.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with your premise. My point is teams no longer feel the need to double Jackson or slide a safety his way to contain him. I think you are expecting a D Jax type impact from the player he was 5 years ago. He just isn't that guy any longer. So he goes deep, one guy runs with him and he really doesn't impact the coverage on the rest of the field much.

I can see your point and it makes sense but I think Jackson is still one of the fastest players in the NFL and I am not certain there are many corners that can run with him. They will still have to respect his speed. I don't expect him to be double covered but he will be enough of a deterrent where teams will not have safeties cheating up in the box like they did last year taking away all of the intermediate stuff. After Wallace went down the Eagles had absolutely zero speed on the outside and it showed in the passing game.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are wrong. DJax can still take the top off the Defense, Agholor never. had that ability. Agholor is a pretty good slot guy, he was and has never been the player DJax is. DJax was burning teams deep last year. Everyone says he has not lost a step. If there is one thing the Eagles front office is good at, is knowing when to part ways with an older player. In this case, they went the opposite way. I am not a big fan of DJax as a person, but he is incredibly talented and will absolutely help the passing game. Aggie, Alshon, Ertz, and Goedert should have a lot more freedom to get open. I include Agholor because I believe they will sign him to a more team friendly deal and he stays.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is easy to answer.

Because of the Eagles fans.

Sounds about right...... questions like that sometimes make me laugh. If you asked an Eagles fan that question about the Cowboys you would get the same response. Ask everyone about the Pats and everyone says that too. :D

However....my response is never 100% of the fans. Have lots of friends that are Cowboys fans, Giants fans, Skins fans...etc...... So all of you are not complete assholes......lol

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right...... questions like that sometimes make me laugh. If you asked an Eagles fan that question about the Cowboys you would get the same response. Ask everyone about the Pats and everyone says that too. :D

However....my response is never 100% of the fans. Have lots of friends that are Cowboys fans, Giants fans, Skins fans...etc...... So all of you are not complete assholes......lol

Agree it's not 100% of the fans. I will agree the Cowbots fan base are obnoxious and have been for a long time. Pat's and Seahawks fans went overboard, but the loudest of the Eagle fans have topped them all.

That said we don't know how obnoxious Cowboys fans will be in today's Social Media age. I'd expect the obnoxious bar will be raised immensely if Dallas wins a SB.

Two other fan bases that could outdo all others are the Bears and LA Rams. Just the possibility of them winning sent them to high obnoxious levels.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans are.

The Eagles are just a side show.

Now using this doll point to where the bad man touched you.
You're hilarious. Six titles and you are still obsessed by the fact that the Patriots lost to the eagles two years ago. You should learn to enjoy it because there is a good chance that after this patriots run is over that you'll never see a title run again. Instead all you can do is be miserable over the titles you think you deserved.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're hilarious. Six titles and you are still obsessed by the fact that the Patriots lost to the eagles two years ago. You should learn to enjoy it because there is a good chance that after this patriots run is over that you'll never see a title run again. Instead all you can do is be miserable over the titles you think you deserved.
People have been saying this for years, not going to to happen till Brady and belichick are gone

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have calculated the number of moral victories in this thread and determined the following:

Anti-Eagles 41
Eagles 33

Or maybe that's backwards.....