• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Describe your basketball playing experience

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gym class was mandatory in high school, but the class size was way bigger than the the gym so I didn't have to play much.

I swim like a cinderblock and play basketball almost the same way.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beaver brook, crompton park in worcester, and auburn mass behind the skating rink, under the lights. midnight pickup games. 3 hoop it up tourneys in the 90's. played 2 years at D3 guard/ small forward. played a lot of pickup games with michael bradley, (former #17 overall in 2001). childhood friend.

Michael Bradley Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

thats it.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtually none. Never liked it. Might have picked a ball up as I walked across a court and took a shot a couple of times. 100% hockey.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beaver brook, crompton park in worcester, and auburn mass behind the skating rink, under the lights. midnight pickup games. 3 hoop it up tourneys in the 90's. played 2 years at D3 guard/ small forward. played a lot of pickup games with michael bradley, (former #17 overall in 2001). childhood friend.

thats it.
Our state semifinal and then championship game was in the Worcester Centrum. Thats about the extent of my experience w Worcester tho. They started playing the tourney at the UMASS Cage and Boston Garden after I graduated. Whered you play D3?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our state semifinal and then championship game was in the Worcester Centrum. Thats about the extent of my experience w Worcester tho. They started playing the tourney at the UMASS Cage and Boston Garden after I graduated. Whered you play D3?
north adams state (now MCLA). berkshires. 94/95.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice...I grew up right down the road in Pittsfield. Was Capeless your coach?
yup, the one and only. the old pittsfield mall, and pittsfield mets games in the 90's. spent a lot of time in cheshire too.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats it.

How did you compare to Bradley? Could you keep up or was he unguardable?

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, the one and only. the old pittsfield mall, and pittsfield mets games in the 90's. spent a lot of time in cheshire too.
Capeless lived across the street from me for a few years. I think I was about 12 years old when he first moved in and I was in my backyard shooting hoops...he came over and asked if I wanted to play HORSE. Now, at 12, I was already pretty dang good, at least so I thought - I mean I played EVERY day...I lived eat and breathed hoop. Plus it was my hoop, my driveway and I knew all the ins and outs. This was prob 1988 or so. that mofo SMOKED me...he didn't even get one letter. I was a little crushed haha. I think he became the coach at N Adams State a few years later. I saw him in the paper and I was like "damn that was the dude that smoked me" lol.

BTW the Pittsfield Mall just closed. It was a ghost town for years and years and but they finally officially closed it. Mets games in the 90s were legit...we had the double A Cubs in the late 80's which was ULTRA legit - Greg Maddux, Mark Grace, Palmeiro and a bunch of others. That park was my home field for football and I also pitched on that mound in high school baseball a few times. Pretty cool thought that I shared the same rubber as Greg f'n Maddux lol

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you compare to Bradley? Could you keep up or was he unguardable?
well, considering he was close to 7 feet...lol

i'm 6'3. growing up we were a guard tandem. 1 and 2. then he grew like 8 inches, moved to center/PF. and the recruiters started calling. last i knew he was some kind of world traveler with his kids. I see him on facebook. havent seen him in person in 15 years or so.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capeless lived across the street from me for a few years. I think I was about 12 years old when he first moved in and I was in my backyard shooting hoops...he came over and asked if I wanted to play HORSE. Now, at 12, I was already pretty dang good, at least so I thought - I mean I played EVERY day...I lived eat and breathed hoop. Plus it was my hoop, my driveway and I knew all the ins and outs. This was prob 1988 or so. that mofo SMOKED me...he didn't even get one letter. I was a little crushed haha. I think he became the coach at N Adams State a few years later. I saw him in the paper and I was like "damn that was the dude that smoked me" lol.

BTW the Pittsfield Mall just closed. It was a ghost town for years and years and but they finally officially closed it. Mets games in the 90s were legit...we had the double A Cubs in the late 80's which was ULTRA legit - Greg Maddux, Mark Grace, Palmeiro and a bunch of others. That park was my home field for football and I also pitched on that mound in high school baseball a few times. Pretty cool thought that I shared the same rubber as Greg f'n Maddux lol
don orsillo used to call the mets games when i was in college.

that mall was our only source of anything to do that wasnt getting drunk or climbing greylock.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started playing pickup games during High School and continued until my early 30's when I blew out my knee, since then I only shoot around at the gym.

I was born and raised in the cradle of basketball excellence, birthplace of Steph Curry and Lee Brown James. Akron fuckin' Ohio.

I'll posterize all you bitches.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don orsillo used to call the mets games when i was in college.

that mall was our only source of anything to do that wasnt getting drunk or climbing greylock.
YUP!!!! If it wasn't somebody's basement, we literally partied at Greylock, or the State Forest, or anywhere else where we could camp outside and drink beer lol. There was SHIT to do and its 10x worse now. Its sad how opioids and a depressed economy have destroyed that area. I still love going back though - its still beautiful you just gotta know where to go (and not go)

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YUP!!!! If it wasn't somebody's basement, we literally partied at Greylock, or the State Forest, or anywhere else where we could camp outside and drink beer lol. There was SHIT to do and its 10x worse now. Its sad how opioids and a depressed economy have destroyed that area. I still love going back though - its still beautiful you just gotta know where to go (and not go)
true story. i held elizabeth banks's legs for a keg stand. she was just a towny chick back then tho. she was a regular at frat parties with a few of her friends when she was a senior in high school and when she would come home to visit friends.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yeah, you can only go to the natural bridge so many times...

i may still be on the board at jacks, if you ever went there.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true story. i held elizabeth banks's legs for a keg stand. she was just a towny chick back then tho. she was a regular at frat parties with a few of her friends when she was a senior in high school and when she would come home to visit friends.
haha I knew Liz too. She was a regular at the CYC where I played ball. We used to have middle school dances there and she was 2 years older than me so she was a chaperon at the dances...one dance she pulled me off to the side and laid a quick kiss on me. Thought that was pretty cool as an 8th grader for a sophomore to do that to me, and of course it took on even more significance for me when she made it big lol. True story as well. Her real last name is Mitchell - she was a GREAT girl growing up. Always cute. Did any of her other friends that you remember make it to any of those parties? I dated her best friend for a bit in high school when Liz was a senior, so I'm thinking maybe this girl maybe was at some of those parties too

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha I know Liz too. She was a regular at the CYC where I played ball. We used to have middle school dances there and she was 2 years older than me so she was a chaperon at the dances...one dance she pulled me off to the side and laid a quick kiss on me. True story as well. Her real last name is Mitchell - she was a GREAT girl growing up. Always cute. Did any of her other friends that you remember make it to any of those parties? I dated her best friend for a bit in high school when Liz was a senior, so I'm thinking maybe this girl maybe was at some of those parties too
lol no shit? she used to roll into parties with 3-4 other hot towny chicks. i just remember how cool , and hot, she was, for a theater chick. smoked pot with her too.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man its a small freaking world

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol no shit? she used to roll into parties with 3-4 other hot towny chicks. i just remember how cool , and hot, she was, for a theater chick. smoked pot with her too.
you remember any of them named Soraya? I bet I knew all those chicks she rolled with lol