• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should take your ass back to twitter where nobody can post enough characters to make you look stupid.

Guy breaks a 34 year old record - sucks.

:lol:

Dumbass.

I didn't say he sucked. I said you should stop pretending like the win record of his opponents, compared to the win percentage of Hershal Walkers opponents is somehow relevant. You don't even honestly believe it's a legitimate comparison, you're just using it to make Derrick Henry look better.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You basically quoted yards per carry and claimed that with more carries it's automatic that he would have had more yards.

WOULD HAVE HAD.

It's some of the dumbest shit in the world. There is a reason Cook isn't even being mentioned in the top 5. There is a reason he isn't going to NY for the ceremony in the top3. There is a reason Henry is going to take that trophy home and Cook will be watching on TV.

And it doesn't matter how many times you want to cherry pick some stat and try to add to other stats based on it - shit ain't changed.

You gotta be 1 dumb motherfucker to think the guy who wins the heisman or even goes to the ceremony sucks.

Go suck mamba off more on twitter.

Yeah, because one is in the ACC and the other is in the SEC. One is on a playoff team, one is not. One was battling injuries all year, the other was not. Media exposure has a lot to do with the Heisman. Derrick Henry had a great year, no doubt. But, that doesn't mean he is one of the best running backs ever.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus you are fucking stupid. You compared two completely different running backs in Drake and Henry and then when I gave you two completely different running backs to show you how stupid your comparison was you call me the dummy, lol. Your not stupid, your fucking short bus special.
Let me help you since it seems to have gone over your head.
Bush outside runner. Not between the tackles.
Petersen can do it all.

Henry up the middle runner
Drake can do it all.
Not to mention they play in the same offense. Other two didn't. That is the key difference. The damn offense they play under.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You basically quoted yards per carry and claimed that with more carries it's automatic that he would have had more yards.

WOULD HAVE HAD.

It's some of the dumbest shit in the world. There is a reason Cook isn't even being mentioned in the top 5. There is a reason he isn't going to NY for the ceremony in the top3. There is a reason Henry is going to take that trophy home and Cook will be watching on TV.

And it doesn't matter how many times you want to cherry pick some stat and try to add to other stats based on it - shit ain't changed.

You gotta be 1 dumb motherfucker to think the guy who wins the heisman or even goes to the ceremony sucks.

Go suck mamba off more on twitter.
I broke down over all yds, ypc, and TDs. Against top 50 D's. I didn't use just ypc. Nice try though.

You want everyone to say he is the best RB I'm the country. Sorry he isn't. An opinion doesn't mean much. So stop trying to pass yours off as fact. You don't like that I think he isn't the best RB in the country. Too bad. I already said he will win the Heisman. You Bammers get all up in arms when someone says your player or team isn't the best. They aren't always and haven't always been. Just deal with it.

Oh and the reason I don't post Mich here anymore is because of this butthurt shit. Just say OK you don't think he is and leave it at that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke down over all yds, ypc, and TDs. Against top 50 D's. I didn't use just ypc. Nice try though.

You want everyone to say he is the best RB I'm the country. Sorry he isn't. An opinion doesn't mean much. So stop trying to pass yours off as fact. You don't like that I think he isn't the best RB in the country. Too bad. I already said he will win the Heisman. You Bammers get all up in arms when someone says your player or team isn't the best. They aren't always and haven't always been. Just deal with it.

Oh and the reason I don't post Mich here anymore is because of this butthurt shit. Just say OK you don't think he is and leave it at that.

You are the one that's butthurt. You never even post here anymore, always sucking it up on twitter with the rest of the FSU rejects and the only reason you come here now is to cry that Henry isn't good, your guy is better.

And you tried to use those stats to create stats that don't exist. Woulda, coulda, shoulda - but didn't do shit.

Didn't do enough to even get an invite to NY.

The fact is - Henry is going to win the Heisman, not your shitty RB. The fact is, Henry broke a 34 year old record for more yards in a season. And he did it with more than a full game worths of LESS carries than the record. Averaging more than 1 more yard than the previous holder. And he did it against the most difficult defenses in the country.

PS: Trying to act like it's some weird thing that Alabama fans defend an Alabama player kind of highlights how weak your shit is. Especially since you were defending a guy for fucking r*pe.

Defending a guy for r*pe = good. Defending your player who performed better in the football season, broke a decades old record in doing so and is going to win a trophy for it - well what a fucked up fan base!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen can do it all.

Drake can do it all.
Not to mention they play in the same offense. Other two didn't. That is the key difference. The damn offense they play under.

That you think Henry is only an up the middle runner goes to highlight how fucking stupid you are.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because one is in the ACC and the other is in the SEC. One is on a playoff team, one is not. One was battling injuries all year, the other was not. Media exposure has a lot to do with the Heisman. Derrick Henry had a great year, no doubt. But, that doesn't mean he is one of the best running backs ever.

The SEC has defenses.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he sucked. I said you should stop pretending like the win record of his opponents, compared to the win percentage of Hershal Walkers opponents is somehow relevant. You don't even honestly believe it's a legitimate comparison, you're just using it to make Derrick Henry look better.

Yes win% and records are the worst method of measurement in general. But when there is a large difference, then it kind of speaks for itself. It's just not good for more accurate fine tuning.

I mean if a team played 12 teams and they all had 11-1 records with their only loss coming to that 1 team, while another team played 12 teams that all had 1-11 records, it's such a big gap that it kind of speaks for itself. But when you get into more of a list/rank type thing for a SoS result, then you are going to end up with a bunch of teams in there without a big gap etc. To do that kind of measurement, you need something more accurate.

Ballpark figure is fine here.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen can do it all.

Drake can do it all.

Is there a fact in there somewhere...because all I see is more of your clearly inferior fringe opinion.

Drake is not, nor has he ever been a do it all back. He would be no more successful as a between the tackles every down back than Bush.

Henry has the speed to turn the corner and the size to run between the tackles. He has 16 career catches to Drake's 39, and a higher per catch average, despite the fact that Drake is our "pass catching" back.

I am not arguing that Henry is the best back in this class, but arguing that he is not a better overall back than Drake in retard level stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible RB!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes win% and records are the worst method of measurement in general. But when there is a large difference, then it kind of speaks for itself. It's just not good for more accurate fine tuning.

I mean if a team played 12 teams and they all had 11-1 records with their only loss coming to that 1 team, while another team played 12 teams that all had 1-11 records, it's such a big gap that it kind of speaks for itself. But when you get into more of a list/rank type thing for a SoS result, then you are going to end up with a bunch of teams in there without a big gap etc. To do that kind of measurement, you need something more accurate.

Ballpark figure is fine here.

You do realize the 1 win Georgia tech team you quoted didn't play FCS and weak bottom feeding automatic win games like Derrick Henry and his opponents did, right?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the 1 win Georgia tech team you quoted didn't play FCS and weak bottom feeding automatic win games like Derrick Henry and his opponents did, right?

You do realize Henry only got a few touches and only ran for like 60 yards against the FCS team right? It was probably his lowest total of the season.

You should probably check stats before you assume things.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has defenses.
Maybe it just is the SEC doesn't have offenses, since your second best team got shut out offensively to Florida State.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Henry only got a few touches and only ran for like 60 yards against the FCS team right? It was probably his lowest total of the season.

You should probably check stats before you assume things.

That is not relevant to the point which is that you cannot compare the schedule of Georgia in 1981 to Alabama in 2015 and say that the win percentages are comparable. Because in 2015 every team on Alabamas schedule has several gimme wins. That was not nearly as common as in 1981.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it just is the SEC doesn't have offenses, since your second best team got shut out offensively to Florida State.

FSU is the #9 defense in the S&P.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not relevant to the point which is that you cannot compare the schedule of Georgia in 1981 to Alabama in 2015 and say that the win percentages are comparable. Because in 2015 every team on Alabamas schedule has several gimme wins. That was not nearly as common as in 1981.

Bottom line: Henry played a much tougher SoS and did it on 50 less carries.

Cry more.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: Henry played a much tougher SoS and did it on 50 less carries.

Cry more.

He may have. But, the logic you tried to use to compare the two strength of schedules earlier in this thread was flawed and ridiculous and there's absolutely no way you would support such a calculation if it didn't involve skewing the numbers to favor Derrick Henry and/or Alabama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have. But, the logic you tried to use to compare the two strength of schedules earlier in this thread was flawed and ridiculous and there's absolutely no way you would support such a calculation if it didn't involve skewing the numbers to favor Derrick Henry and/or Alabama.

You're anal and it makes you stupid.