• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# of Bama backs among the top 27 rushers in the league as of this week: 3

# of B1G back in the top 27...1 at #25

LOL, at lazy B1G backs.
Im not trying to make it into a conference nutt swing contest. Just wondering if those guys were overrated or lazy.

Don't be so insecure bro

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best blocking back is ZEKE but congrats on a well deserved Heisman :suds:
You apparently havent seen Henry Block.He stops Blitzing linebackers right where they stand all the time. On the TD pass this weekend he took out a Linebacker and it allowed Coker to step up and find stewart for 6. He levels corners and OLBs on speed sweeps consistently.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparently havent seen Henry Block.He stops Blitzing linebackers right where they stand all the time. On the TD pass this weekend he took out a Linebacker and it allowed Coker to step up and find stewart for 6. He levels corners and OLBs on speed sweeps consistently.
You're mistaken

;)

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to make it into a conference nutt swing contest. Just wondering if those guys were overrated or lazy.

Don't be so insecure bro

Honestly, once they leave Bama should we really care? I cannot speak to the individual teams they are on but not every team runs the ball well and lines are built more for pass blocking than run blocking. there is only one team i know of in the NFL that is setup to run block and that team is currently 12-0 as the best rushing team in the NFL. No Alabama players are there as RB, but if they were the numbers would be good I imagine.

the NFL has seen RB draft positions decline in recent years due to a more pass happy trend and less running. Not sure how long this will hold, but teams are not running the ball as much, or they are trying to, but being pass blocking centered are not good at run blocking.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, once they leave Bama should we really care? I cannot speak to the individual teams they are on but not every team runs the ball well and lines are built more for pass blocking than run blocking. there is only one team i know of in the NFL that is setup to run block and that team is currently 12-0 as the best rushing team in the NFL. No Alabama players are there as RB, but if they were the numbers would be good I imagine.

the NFL has seen RB draft positions decline in recent years due to a more pass happy trend and less running. Not sure how long this will hold, but teams are not running the ball as much, or they are trying to, but being pass blocking centered are not good at run blocking.
Me thinks the offensive line should be getting much more praise

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has played 8 top 50 rush defenses this year and has 1986 yards and 23 TDs. He is the best 2nd Half RB I have ever seen and the best Blocking RB I have ever seen. This guy has ran against stacked boxes all year and still hasnt been stopped. I love the Guy and think he Deserves the Heisman.
Man, it's too bad that Stanford lost two games. I would have loved to have seen Henry and McCaffrey in the same game in the CFPs.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Bamabino, please defend how great the SEC is since you want to rainbow me for saying it is bad this year.

45-10 out of conference with a winning record against every conference except the Big 12 says otherwise, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Being down does not equal being bad.

B1G is 44-13 with the following

vs ACC 4-3
vs Big12 1-2
vs Pac-12 3-2
vs SEC 0-1

so, .500 against P5

So you've lost 7 non p5 games.

Granted this is a significant improvement over last year for the B1G it is still worse than the SEC.

So, although the SEC hasn't fared as well as year's past, we are still doing better than the B1G. LOL that the worst out of conference performance in 5 years is still better than the B1G's best performance in 5 years.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be so insecure bro

Dude, 3 of 4 Alabama featured backs are in the top 27...there are 300 other college teams out there, how good do they have to be, 1-3 in rushing. I would say they are neither overrated or lazy, if anything they have overachieved.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45-10 out of conference with a winning record against every conference except the Big 12 says otherwise, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Being down does not equal being bad.

B1G is 44-13 with the following

vs ACC 4-3
vs Big12 1-2
vs Pac-12 3-2
vs SEC 0-1

so, .500 against P5

So you've lost 7 non p5 games.

Granted this is a significant improvement over last year for the B1G it is still worse than the SEC.

So, although the SEC hasn't fared as well as year's past, we are still doing better than the B1G. LOL that the worst out of conference performance in 5 years is still better than the B1G's best performance in 5 years.
Nothing screams best conference like half of the entire conference struggling to beat their FCS opponents including one actually losing. In before 4d20 claims that FCS opponents are better than all P5 opponents.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I like Drake and all, but your fringe opinions keep getting fringier.
Lol. Fringe opinion. Stop listening to Paul and ESPN man. Drake is a more complete back. Faster, shiftier, can catch. Complete back. Henry? Downhill runner and that's it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing screams best conference like half of the entire conference struggling to beat their FCS opponents including one actually losing. In before 4d20 claims that FCS opponents are better than all P5 opponents.

LOL, Since they have twice as many losses as the SEC vs FCS teams, despite playing less of them, maybe the real reason the B1G quit scheduling FCS opponents is because they kept losing to them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you havent noticed, the NFL is changing of late and RB has been a foregone conclusion on many teams, opting to take other players higher and choosing to seek RB help in rounds 2-4. Very few have gone in the top round recently and those didnt pan out due to the systems run in the NFL. Most teams are heavily invested in high priced QB's, receivers and lines to block. There is one team in the NFL that is doing it old school with a line to run block, a running game to match and that team is 12-0 right now. Henry would look good as a tandem back in that backfield with Stewart. They like power running and Henry is the nest power runner i have seen in years. He gets stronger as the game goes on. My guess is his talent equates well to the NFL, but thats just me, you can feel how you want.

If you look at all the top RB's in the NFL, they all come out of the backfield and are very good pass-catchers. You now need to be the dual-threat guy to succeed, it's just the how it is now. Not saying he cant, but that's what he needs to do.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Since they have twice as many losses as the SEC vs FCS teams, despite playing less of them, maybe the real reason the B1G quit scheduling FCS opponents is because they kept losing to them.
Yet the SEC does actually have a loss to them THIS YEAR, while I don't know of any Big Ten teams that actually loss to an FCS.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that 3 Saban backs are in the top 30 for rushing in the NFL at the moment, despite all missing time for injury, correct? And that there are some 300 other college teams that send players to the league every year right? Shit, Alabama has as many running backs in the top 30 as the entire B1G.

Bc of their ability to catch the ball lol. Lacy has been pretty bad honestly, he has fumbled like 5 times. Ingram has succeeded bc of his ability to catch the ball and has come on strong rushing the last 2-3 years, it took him some time and others things didnt help. Yeldon has basically half the receiving yards then his rushing yards and 35 receptions. The point is, if he becomes that dual-threat guy nobody is denying he cant be legit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the SEC does actually have a loss to them THIS YEAR, while I don't know of any Big Ten teams that actually loss to an FCS.

Again, if you don't play one we won't know, clearly there are a few B1G teams who can't compete at the MAC level.

As for SC, they might be 0-1 vs FCS, but they clearly competitive with the ACC...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if you don't play one we won't know, clearly there are a few B1G teams who can't compete at the MAC level.

As for SC, they might be 0-1 vs FCS, but they clearly competitive with the ACC...
Yes I know no SEC would lose to a lowly MAC team like say Toledo, right?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Fringe opinion. Stop listening to Paul and ESPN man. Drake is a more complete back. Faster, shiftier, can catch. Complete back. Henry? Downhill runner and that's it.

Henry catches fine, it just happens to be one of the things we don't ask him to do. Drake is marginally faster than Henry and Henry is 40 lbs heavier. If you would take Drake over Henry all day long you not only possess a fringe opinion, I'm starting to think you are just plain stupid too. Yours is the equivalent of choosing Reggie Bush over Adrian Peterson.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at all the top RB's in the NFL, they all come out of the backfield and are very good pass-catchers. You now need to be the dual-threat guy to succeed, it's just the how it is now. Not saying he cant, but that's what he needs to do.

I looked at his high school stats. He wasnt thrown to much in HS either. He has the ability to pass catch, my guess is they just dont use him for that. Bama only threw to its backs out of the backfield 38 times all season. Henry had 10 of those. Bama(or should I say Kiffin) does not employ that very much in his game plans. Its not Henry's fault he is built like a brick wall that can run like an Abrams tank. The fact he had nearly 12K yard and 150 plus TD's in high school, is now a for ce at the college level leads me to believe he is capable of doing so at the next level since his work ethic is outstanding. My guess is he will be fine at the next level and will adapt if they need him to pass catch as well. He has the tools to do it, just hasnt been asked to in his career much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Henry could have WELL over 2000 had they wanted him to.

So could Zeke, but he had 70 less carries then Henry. Give him the ball 40 times a game he would go over 2500 yards...pfft