• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deon knocks Foles and Cooper.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deon Sanders said that he is not convinced about Foles being the starter,due to the fact that he only beat losing teams with poor defenses. He also said that it has to be a lousy defense that lets Riley Cooper burn them for 3 TDS. He even laughed when he mentioned Coopers name. Sounds to me that he prefers black players getting all the accolades. Jackson had a good game too, but no mention about it being against a lousy defense in his case. Now hear this Deon; Vick is out as the starter! Foles is a smarter QB and spreads the ball around better!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Deion. He's totally irrelevant.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion is a blowhard but I don't know if he is a racist. Vick might be a buddy of his since they both have Atlanta Falcons football connections.

I find the criticism against Vick this year unfounded. He hasn't played terrible and actually has played decent ball.

And not to disrespect Cooper but he wouldn't be considered as one of the top receivers. He is a good receiver. Certainly not a superstar. If I had to pick between him and D. Jackson I would choose Jackson every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So if a sports person comes out laughing when Cooper's name comes up I'm not going to take that much offense. I was surprised by those TDs by Cooper.

Tampa Bay had a decent defense and Oakland has a pretty good defense.
What happened in today's game in my opinion had more to do with Kelly's system than Cooper's talent. Today's game is what I envisioned when Kelly became coach.

We saw it somewhat in the 1st game against Washington but for the most part it didn't seem to click consistently. Today it looked like the offense was hitting on all cylinders and not just for 1 quarter. It was consistent from the beginning of the game until Kelly let off the gas pedal. I loved it and that high powered offense tired out the Oakland defense - not only physically but mentally. And it was the mental tiredness that caused the misreads and leaving Eagles open and such.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion is a blowhard but I don't know if he is a racist. Vick might be a buddy of his since they both have Atlanta Falcons football connections.

I find the criticism against Vick this year unfounded. He hasn't played terrible and actually has played decent ball.

And not to disrespect Cooper but he wouldn't be considered as one of the top receivers. He is a good receiver. Certainly not a superstar. If I had to pick between him and D. Jackson I would choose Jackson every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So if a sports person comes out laughing when Cooper's name comes up I'm not going to take that much offense. I was surprised by those TDs by Cooper.

What happened in today's game in my opinion had more to do with Kelly's system than Cooper's talent. Today's game is what I envisioned when Kelly became coach.

We saw it somewhat in the 1st game against Washington but for the most part it didn't seem to click consistently. Today it looked like the offense was hitting on all cylinders and not just for 1 quarter. It was consistent from the beginning of the game until Kelly let off the gas pedal. I loved it and that high powered offense tired out the Oakland defense - not only physically but mentally. And it was the mental tiredness that caused the misreads and leaving Eagles open and such.

Cooper isn't a bad receiver and certainly nobody you should laugh at. If he were on the Patriots he'd be Brady's go to wide receiver.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper isn't a bad receiver and certainly nobody you should laugh at. If he were on the Patriots he'd be Brady's go to wide receiver.

I didn't say he was a bad receiver. I think he is a good receiver but you are crazy if you are putting him in with the top receivers in the game.

Also, I didn't say I was laughing at him. I'm just saying that if Deion chuckles when Cooper's name comes up I can kind of see where Sanders is coming form. I mean seriously who would have thought that Cooper would catch 3 TDs today.

Look - kudos to Cooper for those catches. They were nice catches but he'll have to do that consistently if he wants people to stop chuckling when his name comes up.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he was a bad receiver. I think he is a good receiver but you are crazy if you are putting him in with the top receivers in the game.

Also, I didn't say I was laughing at him. I'm just saying that if Deion chuckles when Cooper's name comes up I can kind of see where Sanders is coming form. I mean seriously who would have thought that Cooper would catch 3 TDs today.

Look - kudos to Cooper for those catches. They were nice catches but he'll have to do that consistently if he wants people to stop chuckling when his name comes up.

My point is, he's an NFL wide receiver and has had some success. It's not like he came off the practice squad and had this type of game.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, this whole Nick Foles-Michael Vick debate needs to go to rest - Nick Foles threw 7 fucking touchdowns and Deion is saying he doesn't think he's the guy, considering he went against bad defenses? Oakland was actually a solid defense going into this game, if Oakland's defense was that bad, why didn't Peyton Manning throw 7+ TD's against them a few weeks back?

I'm tired of people trying to say Nick Foles isn't the guy when it is so obvious this season who has played the best - it's about wins and losses in the NFL and Nick Foles has 3 of the 4 Eagles wins and people are that ignorant enough to think Michael Vick should be the starter? Especially when the Eagles have a chance at winning the division? I don't care how Michael Vick plays, I have no confidence in him as the starter, he has one win in the last 13 months while Nick Foles has three wins in the last five weeks

How can you not have Nick Foles be the starter when you see how great his stats are and the fact that he is 3-1 overall and 2-1 in his three starts? Technically you could say he's 3-0 overall considering the one loss his groin was so mangled in that game that he looked like a pee wee quarterback

Compare Nick Foles to other young QB's who go against so called "bad teams" - Nick Foles is one of the few guys that has actually played well against those "bad teams"

For Deion's argument - how did Michael Vick lose to the Giants, Chargers and could have lost to the Giants the first time had Nick Foles not engineered the 2nd half comeback? Michael Vick was absolutely garbage in both Giants games

Facts are the facts, Nick Foles is the starter and that's that - anyone who doesn't think Nick Foles is the best QB on this team can blow a dick - I can't believe people are that dumb in this debate

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cooper and Foles make a good combo. Foles connected with Copoer three weeks ago,and both had good results. Vick did not use Cooper as a regular target,so we are now seeing what cooper is capable of. I think that he has a bright future!

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my god, you were clueless on the ESPN boards, and you continue to be a clueless dolt. Its laughable that you would continue to support Vick as starter over Foles. But then again, this is the same guy that thinks Ryan Howard is an elite slugger

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my god, you were clueless on the ESPN boards, and you continue to be a clueless dolt. Its laughable that you would continue to support Vick as starter over Foles. But then again, this is the same guy that thinks Ryan Howard is an elite slugger

He's not completely wrong. As much as I dislike Vick, he isn't anywhere near as bad as he was last year. That being said, in his absence due to injury, Foles (IMO) has taken command of the job.

Vick didn't play himself out of the job -- he was simply beaten out by the better player.

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick hasn't been bad this year, but yes, Foles has been head and shoulders better and should be the starter the rest of the season. (And possibly beyond that.)

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calm down poindexter

I was just trying to say that Vick is getting criticized like it is last year. He is playing much better this year than last year.

However, I agree - you have to go with Foles as starter. I'll give you a pass regarding your tantrum because in my post I didn't explicitly say that Foles should start.

But I'm saying it here - Foles should start the next game and rest of the season. He looked very good out there and whatever doubts I had of him running the offense were erased. Great game by Foles. The Eagles offense was hitting on all cylinders. Well I wish the running game got it going but the Eagles did get off some good runs when they needed it.

And as for Howard - well I did think he was an elite slugger. The numbers he put up were amazing. I don't want to highjack this Eagles board with a Phillies subject but are you saying he was not an elite slugger? I'm not talking about now but when he was hitting the 50ish HRs driving in 140ish runs?

Of course I don't think he is an elite slugger now. I still feel he can be productive but those hopes are dwindling because of age and injuries.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deon is an attention whore, his career is over so he needs to grab a hold of the limelight any chance he gets, case in point, the Leon Sandcastle commercial & interviews(which I liked) during last years draft, also his son is a heavy recruit and he cannot keep is nose outta his business as well. He may be a blow hard but I respect his opinion, he actually sided with Cooper early in the season when Cooper got nailed for the racial slurs at the country concert that landed on youtube. I take what he says with a grain of salt and go from there.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Deon was half as good as he think he was/is, he would rule the entire world. Pretentious asshole with nothing to really add, other than his remarkably cheesy smile. Dude is a tool.