• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarcus Lawrence looking for 17 million

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pay D law even 20 mil it's gonna fuck it up for everyone else.
really....so you think only Dallas would pay this much for this guy.

like it or not...that's the market for a 26 year old FA with the stats he's compiled the last two seasons.

I keep asking myself how in the hell Dak could command whats being reported he'd get if Dallas signed him this year. Then I'm reminded what Cincy, SF and the Vikings have paid for their QB

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That doesn't really make sense. How does getting the surgery done quickly and being ready for the beginning of the season do anything but help him get the biggest contract possible?

Surgery is not a guarantee of fixing a problem. Any surgery brings risk with it. If he's already gonna get a huge contract before the surgery, he has no reason to do anything until his name is on the dotted line.

That would irk me if I were a Cowboys' fan, but from D-Law's perspective, it makes sense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surgery is not a guarantee of fixing a problem. Any surgery brings risk with it. If he's already gonna get a huge contract before the surgery, he has no reason to do anything until his name is on the dotted line.

That would irk me if I were a Cowboys' fan, but from D-Law's perspective, it makes sense.
I get your point, but I feel it's the exact opposite. He's kind of damaged goods right now. I don't mean it as dramatic as that sounds, but I think you get my point.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that he is asking fo too much money, he is not in same class as Mack and Donald's of the world. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be upset with his asking for that much money, 17 million is more reasonable figure.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that he is asking fo too much money, he is not in same class as Mack and Donald's of the world. If I was a Cowboys fan I would be upset with his asking for that much money, 17 million is more reasonable figure.

Is he asking for Mack money? I know....god forbid anyone asking for Donald money for eternity, so....

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with the potential part is why you sign a guy to a big contract but also you have to factor in his production thus far. You have give potential based contracts on rookie deals

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he asking for Mack money? I know....god forbid anyone asking for Donald money for eternity, so....

If asking for 22.5 million, than yes he is. Donald is paid less than Mack and contracts will keep going up, making Donald an even better value

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If asking for 22.5 million, than yes he is. Donald is paid less than Mack and contracts will keep going up, making Donald an even better value

Then....Let. It. Go. This is history repeating itself over and over again. Everybody in position to command money will get it, and the cycle continues. D Law is easily within the 2nd tier guys of pass rushers.......

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas being punished for drafting well.
Don’t forget 150+ million for Dak, huge money for Zeke, Byron Jones is a pro bowl CB, Jaylon Smith all in the next year. We are talking a 1/2 billion once you factor in Amari Cooper too.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is...but that's the way it's basically always worked. What do you think he'd get on the open market? K. Mack just got what? $23M+ per and $90M guaranteed?
K Mack is light years better.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like it or not...that's the market for a 26 year old FA with the stats he's compiled the last two seasons.

I keep asking myself how in the hell Dak could command whats being reported he'd get if Dallas signed him this year. Then I'm reminded what Cincy, SF and the Vikings have paid for their QB

its a lot of dough for him. That’s all. NFL has gotten crazy.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's certainly better. Light years an al? Debatable....but whatever....

What would D. Lawrence command on the open market?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, but even with Mack, I still think raiders got the better end of that deal. I know I might be in the minority, but that’s my thoughts

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok iggy - I know this may be difficult for ya and I can only explain it to you, I can’t understand it for you so let me apologize ahead of time.

1. Jones will be playing this year at 29 B-day Late Feb. Lawrence will be playing this year at 27 B-day April. 2 years is not a big difference for d-ends. So spin away.

2. If you don't think past performance is considered when offering a player a contract, you are really naive.

3. I don't know who will perform better in 5 years and neither do you.

4. Lawrence is asking for for almost 9 mil more per year. I get inflation, but 2 years does not = 9 mil for a d-end.

Some babies were dropped on their heads but you were clearly thrown at a wall

I was out of line in my post, seriously. I want to apologize. I got personal and that was dumb of me. I'd had a few beers.