• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarcus Lawrence looking for 17 million

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insane

Chandler Jones, who is better than D Law, makes 13.5 per.

I know you are a Cards fan, and therefore probably mentally challenged, but let me lay out some basic facts for you.

Chandler Jones: 29 years old.

Demarcus Lawrence: 26 years old.

When you pay a player, you are not paying for what they have done. You are paying for what you expect them to do in the period covered under the terms of the contract.

Will Jones or Lawrence perform better in the next five years? Think about that.

Also, the value of certain positions rises over time, and players who signed contracts several years ago are paid less than players on the open market today. Jones signed his deal in 2017. Lawrence is seeking a deal in 2019. So, stupid comparison.

Feel dumb yet? If not I can keep going...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know you are a Cards fan, and therefore probably mentally challenged, but let me lay out some basic facts for you.

When you pay a player, you are not paying for what they have done. You are paying for what you expect them to do in the period covered under the terms of the contract.

Also, the value of certain positions rises over time, and players who signed contracts several years ago are paid less than players on the open market today. Jones signed his deal in 2017. Lawrence is seeking a deal in 2019. So, stupid comparison.

That was salty.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s being reported out of Dallas he’s is asking for 6 years, 140 million with 90 million guaranteed.

Holy shit Tamk

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Citing multiple sources, Watkins reports that the gap between the Cowboys and Lawrence is only widening, as the 26-year-old has increased his financial demand, upping his ask from $20 million per year to $22.5 million per.

Dallas has increased its offer
Watkins further reports that in recent weeks Dallas has increased its offer, and his sources indicate the Cowboys would be willing to agree to a six-year, $120 million offer."

"Lawrence, Watkins wrote, believes his contract should fall between the $141 million contract Khalil Mack signed with the Chicago Bears last summer, and the $114.5 million Von Miller and the Denver Broncos agreed to in 2016."

Cowboys reportedly made enormous new offer to DeMarcus Lawrence, but sides still at 'impasse'

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Citing multiple sources, Watkins reports that the gap between the Cowboys and Lawrence is only widening, as the 26-year-old has increased his financial demand, upping his ask from $20 million per year to $22.5 million per.

Dallas has increased its offer
Watkins further reports that in recent weeks Dallas has increased its offer, and his sources indicate the Cowboys would be willing to agree to a six-year, $120 million offer."

"Lawrence, Watkins wrote, believes his contract should fall between the $141 million contract Khalil Mack signed with the Chicago Bears last summer, and the $114.5 million Von Miller and the Denver Broncos agreed to in 2016."

Cowboys reportedly made enormous new offer to DeMarcus Lawrence, but sides still at 'impasse'

Where's the link from "source in Dallas" that says Tank is asking for 23.33 million a year, for six years with 90m guaranteed?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the link from "source in Dallas" that says Tank is asking for 23.33 million a year, for six years with 90m guaranteed?

How can you be so obtuse?

PE1 hit you with some knowledge and yet, you bicker about the numbers being 3.7% off.....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the draft debate thread! :D You made a valid point, and he could be an injury concern. Nobody knows. I'm just mentioning the other side of it.

You need to double check where you are.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok iggy - I know this may be difficult for ya and I can only explain it to you, I can’t understand it for you so let me apologize ahead of time.

1. Jones will be playing this year at 29 B-day Late Feb. Lawrence will be playing this year at 27 B-day April. 2 years is not a big difference for d-ends. So spin away.

2. If you don't think past performance is considered when offering a player a contract, you are really naive.

3. I don't know who will perform better in 5 years and neither do you.

4. Lawrence is asking for for almost 9 mil more per year. I get inflation, but 2 years does not = 9 mil for a d-end.

Some babies were dropped on their heads but you were clearly thrown at a wall

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok iggy - I know this may be difficult for ya and I can only explain it to you, I can’t understand it for you so let me apologize ahead of time.

1. Jones will be playing this year at 29 B-day Late Feb. Lawrence will be playing this year at 27 B-day April. 2 years is not a big difference for d-ends. So spin away.

2. If you don't think past performance is considered when offering a player a contract, you are really naive.

3. I don't know who will perform better in 5 years and neither do you.

4. Lawrence is asking for for almost 9 mil more per year. I get inflation, but 2 years does not = 9 mil for a d-end.

Some babies were dropped on their heads but you were clearly thrown at a wall

It's not the 2 years of age that is the difference. it is the wear and tear from games. Jones has played 40 more games than DLaw, that's 2.5 extra seasons. That said, Jones has been much more productive in his career, this last year included, than DLaw has been.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the 2 years of age that is the difference. it is the wear and tear from games. Jones has played 40 more games than DLaw, that's 2.5 extra seasons. That said, Jones has been much more productive in his career, this last year included, than DLaw has been.
I get it. My only point was the Lawrence asking price was way too high. I used Jones as a comparison. Iggy didn't comprehend that.

I don't care about age, wear and tear or any of that. 22 mill is way too much to pay Lawrence.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? You don’t think that’s a reasonable position to take? I’d do the same exact thing if I were he.

A 4-month recovery is nothing. So he might miss a couple of games before he’s ready; you’ll then have him for 5 years. If you’re worried he’ll never be the same afterwards, I don’t think a partially-torn labrum is career-threatening.
No, it's asinine. How in the World can that be considered a reasonable position? WTF is he looking to gain from this? The longer he waits the more he lowers his value. You think it doesn't lessen his value to Dallas in year 1 and thus his overall value and what he'll get paid? You think another team is going to trade a valuable draft pick for him and offer him significantly more than $120M knowing he still needs to have surgery and then have to be out of Football and then try to get into Football shape? You think Dallas is going to pull back the tag because of this "threat" and make him a FA and even if they did, it would now be late Summer and some other team is going to offer him significantly more than $120M to sit out most of next year?

It's stupid. Everyone knows it's stupid except for his agent who must be...stupid...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from someone who tore his labrum, and works in therapy.
Labrum tears like anything highly vary. If yours healed on its on, you had a VERY minor tear.
I had a labrum tear so bad that my humerus wouldnt set in the socket, just kinda floated
OK, maybe I have the maturity level of an 11 year old, but I found this funny :dhd:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having anything to jeopardize his ability to get a contract. As it is now, he's gonna get one. A huge one.
That doesn't really make sense. How does getting the surgery done quickly and being ready for the beginning of the season do anything but help him get the biggest contract possible?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. My only point was the Lawrence asking price was way too high. I used Jones as a comparison. Iggy didn't comprehend that.

I don't care about age, wear and tear or any of that. 22 mill is way too much to pay Lawrence.

Sure it is...but that's the way it's basically always worked. What do you think he'd get on the open market? K. Mack just got what? $23M+ per and $90M guaranteed?