• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarcus Cousins Demands Trade

KingJeglum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cousins is exactly what we do not need. Lets ignore his talent because that can only get you so far (See: Stephon Marbury)

The kid is a head case, spoiled...cancer. Me First. Those players want to get theirs. Kings could go 0-82 and if Cousins was 20-10 and playing a lot he would be happy.

It doesn't matter he fouls everyone or that he turns the ball over at a crazy rate, or his horrible shooting percentage. If they want to move him its going to be for pennies on the dollar and I doubt the Warriors would give up anything substantial, or the kings would accept anything we would even offer up.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But he is. Pass.

He is a distraction because he doesn't have a head coach who can keep him in check. Westphal is a horrible coach. Keith Smart will be better - but only as long as the Queens are winning. If they stop winning and he stops getting the ball, Smart has no shot to keep him quiet.

Mark Jackson, on the other hand, is a guy who knows how to make sure his players are doing what they are supposed to be doing. I am not saying that if he were in Golden State that he would never blow up. But I am saying that the likelihood of it happening multiple times is very low.

If the price is right, I'd make the trade. But it sounds like Geoff Petrie is not inclined to give his big man away, so my guess is that it would take too much to move Cousins from Sac-town to Oak-town.

Besides, as a Giants fan, I cringe when I hear the name Cousins.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely make the trade if I'm a team with either vets and/or a seasoned hard noised coach. Cousins just needs his butt kicked once or twice and he'll be fine. Think Zach Randolph. The only issue now is the Kings still want a lot for him. This isn't like Miami letting Beasley go for a 2nd round pick (though part of that was cap reasons for the Big 3)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is exactly what we do not need. Lets ignore his talent because that can only get you so far (See: Stephon Marbury)

The kid is a head case, spoiled...cancer. Me First. Those players want to get theirs. Kings could go 0-82 and if Cousins was 20-10 and playing a lot he would be happy.

It doesn't matter he fouls everyone or that he turns the ball over at a crazy rate, or his horrible shooting percentage. If they want to move him its going to be for pennies on the dollar and I doubt the Warriors would give up anything substantial, or the kings would accept anything we would even offer up.

He is on a pretty reasonable contract. I'd take a flyer only if Jackson thinks he can reach the kid.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a distraction because he doesn't have a head coach who can keep him in check. Westphal is a horrible coach. Keith Smart will be better - but only as long as the Queens are winning. If they stop winning and he stops getting the ball, Smart has no shot to keep him quiet.

Mark Jackson, on the other hand, is a guy who knows how to make sure his players are doing what they are supposed to be doing. I am not saying that if he were in Golden State that he would never blow up. But I am saying that the likelihood of it happening multiple times is very low.

If the price is right, I'd make the trade. But it sounds like Geoff Petrie is not inclined to give his big man away, so my guess is that it would take too much to move Cousins from Sac-town to Oak-town.

Besides, as a Giants fan, I cringe when I hear the name Cousins.

Yeah, I guess I would too. But as you say, Sac probably wouldn't take what we'd offer.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And you're a useless twat. What's your point?

There are funny posts that people write and we all usually respond with comments like LOL or LMAO.

Then there are posts like these - where I actually laugh out loud and cannot control myself. When I go back and re-read the post, it still makes me laugh.

These are the posts we live for as message board geeks.

tzill, I shall now stand and give you a golf clap.

(15 seconds later)

I'd rep you, but these boards are designed by commie pinkos who force me to spread around rep to undeserving whelps before I can give you more.