• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

def is starting to play better

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sucked before the injuries.

They just suck WORSE now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is over..............

No... sorry. It just isn't. I've watched this league for far too long.

Tied atop a weak division with three winnable games ahead of them, and your best defensive players coming back. It's far from over.

For better or for worse, it isn't.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, they were mediocre before the injures.

Held the Bengals offense to 21... held the Vikings offense to 16... held the Steelers to 23. Did a very good job with the run game in all three. Even kept AP in check. Scored three defensive TD's.

They stumbled against Detroit, but had respectable showings versus NO and NYG.

Then in Washington was when the injuries hit. That's when this defense went from "iffy" to bad.

They're not a good defense if the injuries don't hit, but they're certainly a lot better than they are now.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that simple math, as well as context i.e. "what the problem is", escapes you. One scenario is less complicated than multiple ones that call for same course of action. Im trying to undsertand your side. So, instead of being an ass and mocking me, tell me how leapfrogging multiple teams for a WC spot is easier than overcoming the one team that the Bears are currently right behind for the division lead. If Im "wrong", giving me a chance to agree with you would be nice... :scratch:

Before today's games , I thought Detroit had a chance of losing 1 game the rest of the season. Possibly to Green Bay w/ a healthy Rodgers. Really didn't think they'd implode yet again. I was wrong.
The way our D is playing, I thought they would lose at least 1 more if not 2, having to face GB w/ A Rod week 17. So no way I saw my Bears winning the div.
Today's losses for Det. & Chi. throw GB back in the mix, and GB is my pick for the DIV.
I thought 11&5 would win a wild card at the time & I still think it would win 1. Right now it looks like 11&5 would win the DIV. But I really didn't think DET. would fall apart.

Oh, I tend to be an ass, when I think I'm being talked down to. Probably the South Side up bringing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before today's games , I thought Detroit had a chance of losing 1 game the rest of the season. Possibly to Green Bay w/ a healthy Rodgers. Really didn't think they'd implode yet again. I was wrong.
The way our D is playing, I thought they would lose at least 1 more if not 2, having to face GB w/ A Rod week 17. So no way I saw my Bears winning the div.
Today's losses for Det. & Chi. throw GB back in the mix, and GB is my pick for the DIV.
I thought 11&5 would win a wild card at the time & I still think it would win 1. Right now it looks like 11&5 would win the DIV. But I really didn't think DET. would fall apart.

Oh, I tend to be an ass, when I think I'm being talked down to. Probably the South Side up bringing.

Yeah, GB is my pick as well. Once they get Rodgers back, they're the best team in this division.

The Bears actually have a decent enough of a schedule to stay right in this thing unless they also go into "free fall" mode. Although, with us seemingly getting healthy, I don't fully anticipate it. I think they squeak out wins vs MIN, DAL, and CLE. I think it comes down to Week 17 at Soldier Field.

GB 8-6-1 vs CHI 9-6. Rodgers beats us yet again. On primetime too. Since you know CHI/GB for the NFC North title will be the NBC Week 17 Sunday Night Flex.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I thought the defense played well the first couple of weeks. But they have fallen apart throughout the season. Injuries have a lot to do with it, although at some level that's an excuse. I was hardly the only one on here worried about the d line depth before the season, it wasn't exactly a state secret.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense played well the first couple of weeks. But they have fallen apart throughout the season. Injuries have a lot to do with it, although at some level that's an excuse. I was hardly the only one on here worried about the d line depth before the season, it wasn't exactly a state secret.

they played alright, the first few weeks, with takeaways covering up, otherwise poor play. AJ Green went nuts on us in week 1. We eeked by a bad Minnesota team, with Hester almost accounting for that win, himself. Antonio Brown torched us in week 3, and we got past a struggling Steelers team.

I thought their best games were against New Orleans and the second Detroit game.

The run D right now is just woeful. Injuries have obviously decimated this team, but unfortunately it's been "starters" too. McClellin looked lost yesterday. His edge containment was atrocious. Woot and Pep were quiet. LB's looked lost, including Anderson. Safeties don't inspire much confidence. DB's played great considering how bad the rest of the D sucks.

Hopefully we can get some guys back, get healthy and make a run, but it is a bit depressing to look at the race, and see the potential for a second consecutive 10-win, playoff-less season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, we should be out of the race for the division, but we are not. How Detroit lost yesterday is beyond me. THEY have no excuses.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, GB is my pick as well. Once they get Rodgers back, they're the best team in this division.

The Bears actually have a decent enough of a schedule to stay right in this thing unless they also go into "free fall" mode. Although, with us seemingly getting healthy, I don't fully anticipate it. I think they squeak out wins vs MIN, DAL, and CLE. I think it comes down to Week 17 at Soldier Field.

GB 8-6-1 vs CHI 9-6. Rodgers beats us yet again. On primetime too. Since you know CHI/GB for the NFC North title will be the NBC Week 17 Sunday Night Flex.

GB's defense sucks, again this year, so I don't think they're making the playoffs, nor do I think they should. If they did, they'd only get embarrassed again. Rodgers, if and when he comes back this season, can't save this hopeless Defense, and I fully expect Capers to be on his way out after this season. It's not all Capers fault - injuries have plaqued this team yet again this year, but still, I'm tired of the same old worthless game plan and lack of adjustments.

So, the job to represent the division, IMO, is on the Bears or Lions.

C

cubzzzfanincali

they played alright, the first few weeks, with takeaways covering up, otherwise poor play. AJ Green went nuts on us in week 1. We eeked by a bad Minnesota team, with Hester almost accounting for that win, himself. Antonio Brown torched us in week 3, and we got past a struggling Steelers team.

I thought their best games were against New Orleans and the second

The d played well against minn. of course it was minn so that doesn't mean much. But the only reason that game was close was the kickoff return by Patterson and the fumble recovery td. The minn offense only scored one td.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas?

They will kick our ass.........Unless we are in some type of winter storm with windy conditions.
We can not stop the run nor pass.
They have both.
we can`t even beat the rams for chrysakes and they have Stacy as their only offensive threat......The other two i agree with,but not Dallas.

btw...........Have we beaten anyone this year that has had a great offense.....I think no.Maybe Cincinnati.But thats about it.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought their best games were against New Orleans and the second Detroit game.

The run D right now is just woeful. Injuries have obviously decimated this team, but unfortunately it's been "starters" too. McClellin looked lost yesterday. His edge containment was atrocious. Woot and Pep were quiet. LB's looked lost, including Anderson. Safeties don't inspire much confidence. DB's played great considering how bad the rest of the D sucks.

Hopefully we can get some guys back, get healthy and make a run, but it is a bit depressing to look at the race, and see the potential for a second consecutive 10-win, playoff-less season.

:agree: Except for the bold.
Tucker hasn't stopped 1 play maker this season.
But maybe it comes down to the philosophy of stopping the run first. Make a team 1 dimensional, and concentrate on stopping the pass.
We haven't stopped the run this year. Which puts our D behind the 8-ball.
Just think the Seymour signing at mid season would have helped our run D at that point in time, instead having to wait for a healthy Ratliff .

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one post I wish I never started.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if simple, straightforward explanations make you feel that way, that imo suggests that youre a bit over reactive in general. There was no talking down to, or belittling. Im pretty sure I said I was trying to see your side.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bass, and Bostic playing better, wooten would be a great DE if he could play DE, i hear Ratliff will be playing this week that will help. would be great to have Briggs back this week.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if simple, straightforward explanations make you feel that way, that imo suggests that youre a bit over reactive in general. There was no talking down to, or belittling. Im pretty sure I said I was trying to see your side.

FU blh . Like I said in an earlier post. I need no explanations of how our Bears can make the playoffs.
Tried to explain that in a couple other posts. But instead of responding to my football talk, you continue to attack my intelligence or character. Or both . Again FU.
I came on here to talk football . What the fuck is your mission?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well because as soon as I said they are looking a little better, they have stunk historically bad since then.

Look on the bright side.
We'll be getting some D-Line men back. Hopefully Paea & Ratliff this week. Briggs is just another week off.
The D has been bad all season.
Really don't know when all 3 will be in the the lineup. But I expect the D to look much better.
Just hope we can beat the teams we're supposed to beat in the mean time.