• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

def is starting to play better

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way they've looked better is in points allowed.
Rush D sucks, and they still can't get off the field on 3rd & long.
But hope is on the way.
I hoped they can play .500 ball till the return of of key starters (so far 2-1). Most notably Jay & Briggs. Ratliff should also add some punch to the D, whenever he gets healthy. But a win vs a good ST. Louis team ( 6-4 ) would boost this team into playoff discussion. With the thought that we are actually getting better at the end of the season. Something we haven't heard around here for a while.
Go BEARS.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way they've looked better is in points allowed.
Rush D sucks, and they still can't get off the field on 3rd & long.
But hope is on the way.
I hoped they can play .500 ball till the return of of key starters (so far 2-1). Most notably Jay & Briggs. Ratliff should also add some punch to the D, whenever he gets healthy. But a win vs a good ST. Louis team ( 6-4 ) would boost this team into playoff discussion. With the thought that we are actually getting better at the end of the season. Something we haven't heard around here for a while.
Go BEARS.

St. Louis isn't really a good team at 4-6. They've been inconsistent, at best. They have some ugly losses, and a nice win or two. They're definitely a tough test on the road, but they'd be lucky to finish at .500 this season. Especially given their remaining schedule which includes CHI, SF, NO, and SEA.

The one thing I hate about this game is that STL is coming off of a bye. The second time in three weeks we'll catch a team coming off their bye.

Hopefully this offense REALLY comes to play Sunday, because I have a bad feeling we're going to get sliced and diced by Zac Stacy. Like you said, this team can't stop the run to save their damn lives. Ray Rice was averaging around 2 YPC entering that game. Possibly below 2 YPC.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis isn't really a good team at 4-6. They've been inconsistent, at best. They have some ugly losses, and a nice win or two. They're definitely a tough test on the road, but they'd be lucky to finish at .500 this season. Especially given their remaining schedule which includes CHI, SF, NO, and SEA.

The one thing I hate about this game is that STL is coming off of a bye. The second time in three weeks we'll catch a team coming off their bye.

Hopefully this offense REALLY comes to play Sunday, because I have a bad feeling we're going to get sliced and diced by Zac Stacy. Like you said, this team can't stop the run to save their damn lives. Ray Rice was averaging around 2 YPC entering that game. Possibly below 2 YPC.

MY bad on STL. record. Heard it on Comcast and didn't bother to check it.
I won't discard a Jeff Fisher team. You know their going to play good D. And they will run the ball, especially vs our D. Don't know much about the BU QB, but expect 1 of his best games to date.
But a win here would be a huge boost to our team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY bad on STL. record. Heard it on Comcast and didn't bother to check it.
I won't discard a Jeff Fisher team. You know their going to play good D. And they will run the ball, especially vs our D. Don't know much about the BU QB, but expect 1 of his best games to date.
But a win here would be a huge boost to our team.

Agreed. This game is really a crossroads for this team. A win on the road, IMO, and their headed in an upward direction. The division title could be a real possibility, with a real shot at 8-4 the following week in Minnesota.

A loss, and their sitting a 6-5 with pretty much all tiebreaker scenarios LONG GONE, especially considering that would be yet another conference loss. Not to mention, a common opponent with SF and AZ who we're currently vying with for playoff positioning.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This game is really a crossroads for this team. A win on the road, IMO, and their headed in an upward direction. The division title could be a real possibility, with a real shot at 8-4 the following week in Minnesota.

A loss, and their sitting a 6-5 with pretty much all tiebreaker scenarios LONG GONE, especially considering that would be yet another conference loss. Not to mention, a common opponent with SF and AZ who we're currently vying with for playoff positioning.

As far as playoffs are considered, I think we can only afford 1 more loss the rest of the season. The way the rest rest of the NFC is playing right now.
I confused STL W/ Arizona earlier.
You got NO & Car. in the south .
3 teams fighting in the west.
Just think a wild card will hard to grab.
And Detroit has the easiest of schedules. You can hope all you want for DET. to implode . But even w/Shartz they seem to be the front runners in the North.
God , I hope I'm wrong. :lol:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as playoffs are considered, I think we can only afford 1 more loss the rest of the season. The way the rest rest of the NFC is playing right now.
I confused STL W/ Arizona earlier.
You got NO & Car. in the south .
3 teams fighting in the west.
Just think a wild card will hard to grab.
And Detroit has the easiest of schedules. You can hope all you want for DET. to implode . But even w/Shartz they seem to be the front runners in the North.
God , I hope I'm wrong. :lol:

Wow, just looked at it, and I honestly could see the Bears going 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

At 11-5, they have no tiebreakers with SF/CAR or DET. They all have nice treks to 11 wins.

Man, this is going to hurt. However, I really don't see this team winning more than 10 games anyway. The Philly game now looks like a loss with the way that offense has looked. Foles, McCoy, D-Jax, etc... all present big problems for this defense. I'd pretty much equate them with Detroit, but who knows... maybe by then we're a bit more healthy and the defense looks better. Week 16 is still a ways away.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just looked at it, and I honestly could see the Bears going 11-5 and missing the playoffs.

At 11-5, they have no tiebreakers with SF/CAR or DET. They all have nice treks to 11 wins.

Man, this is going to hurt. However, I really don't see this team winning more than 10 games anyway. The Philly game now looks like a loss with the way that offense has looked. Foles, McCoy, D-Jax, etc... all present big problems for this defense. I'd pretty much equate them with Detroit, but who knows... maybe by then we're a bit more healthy and the defense looks better. Week 16 is still a ways away.

I take 1 game at time . And hope for the best.
As for tie breakers, NO & Car. have 2 games vs each other . The teams in the West I'm sure ( not positive) have games vs each other.
I think 11-5 would make us playoff worthy. But, who knows?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said, winning the division is the easier route. Right now, its one game and no other teams to leapfrog.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all son. I heard all week leading up to the game about how Tillman was gonna shut CJ down. Don't try to play that card after the fact.

Extrapolation from one or two fans translates to "heard all week"?? Nice try. He has had good games against CJ, so he was our best hope for slowing/containing him.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, winning the division is the easier route. Right now, its one game and no other teams to leapfrog.

Detroit would have to lose 1, and possibly 2 . for that to happen.
If DET. loses 1, the Bears would have to win their remaining games.
What's easier about that?
I've been wrong before, But I can't see the Bears winning the division w/ Detroit's schedule.
And 4 road games for my Bears.
Wild card is their only shot. And they have a shot at that, if the div. games @ the end of the season works in their favor.
Lots of football to be played yet. But winning the Division won't be an easy task.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit would have to lose 1, and possibly 2 . for that to happen.
If DET. loses 1, the Bears would have to win their remaining games.
What's easier about that?
I've been wrong before, But I can't see the Bears winning the division w/ Detroit's schedule.
And 4 road games for my Bears.
Wild card is their only shot. And they have a shot at that, if the div. games @ the end of the season works in their favor.
Lots of football to be played yet. But winning the Division won't be an easy task.

Its the easier route- thats by no means saying its "easy". Ill try to explain this as best I can. There are no teams between them and the Lions. Bears have a 3-4 conference record right now- thats bad. Therefore, help will be required from SEVERAL teams for a WC spot. In the division, its the Bears and ONLY the Lions- and they are separated by just one game right now. Thats why its the easier route as of this moment.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all son. I heard all week leading up to the game about how Tillman was gonna shut CJ down. Don't try to play that card after the fact. And I'm not even just talking about this board. I heard from all the Bears fans I talked with. Tillman has definitely had his way with CJ(with help always over the top) but CJ has single coverage most of that game and he showed why that was a mistake.

You have an avatar bragging about a performance where your receiver caught 6 of 17 passes thrown his way and your team scored your second fewest points all season.

I thought for awhile it was a sarcastic avatar mocking something a Lions fan would say until I realized you were actually a Lions fan.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extrapolation from one or two fans translates to "heard all week"?? Nice try. He has had good games against CJ, so he was our best hope for slowing/containing him.

So u now know how many Bears fans I've spoken to leading up to the game? Awesome. As it is, I live around a ton of Bears fans and many of my friends are Bears fans. And I heard it all week from them. So u can stfu about things I don't know.

And yes, I agree Tillman have u guys the best chance to shut CJ down, even when not fully healthy. Problem is, he wasn't that successful.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an avatar bragging about a performance where your receiver caught 6 of 17 passes thrown his way and your team scored your second fewest points all season.

I thought for awhile it was a sarcastic avatar mocking something a Lions fan would say until I realized you were actually a Lions fan.

Don't forget he caught two very important TDs while Tillman was on him. U know, those things count for 6 pts a piece. They were huge in that game. The 2nd one he got burnt on an out and up move. But u can always go back and look at my avatar if u wanna relive that memory.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget he caught two very important TDs while Tillman was on him. U know, those things count for 6 pts a piece. They were huge in that game. The 2nd one he got burnt on an out and up move. But u can always go back and look at my avatar if u wanna relive that memory.

Cool? If points are all that matters, why is your avatar from the game where your team scored the second fewest of the season?

I still don't know Calvin owned Peanut when Stafford's QB Rating passing to Calvin was under 70. If that's considered owning, then I hope ever team owns the Bears defense the rest of the year.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So u now know how many Bears fans I've spoken to leading up to the game? Awesome. As it is, I live around a ton of Bears fans and many of my friends are Bears fans. And I heard it all week from them. So u can stfu about things I don't know.

And yes, I agree Tillman have u guys the best chance to shut CJ down, even when not fully healthy. Problem is, he wasn't that successful.

Stfu? For real?? YOU come here to address US in THIS forum with "All Ive heard all week is..." Well, that tone sure goes a long way toward implying it was those who post HERE that are the ones "guilty as charged".
IOW- Take your claim up with those that ACTUALLY said it, and not the Bear fans that post here that have zero ownership in said claim.

C

cubzzzfanincali

You are just digging your hole of bullshit even deeper here. This is a forum, we are here, we discuss what we discuss. We are not responsible for "all Bears fans in the world" any more than you are responsible for "all Lions fans in the world". It is what is said on here. I'm sure there are Bears and Lions fans somewhere who will be say just about anything. So what? It is Internet Forum 101 that you discuss what the people on a forum say, not what someone somewhere else says.

We don't know what your Bears friends said because we weren't there, and we have no way of knowing, since we can't take your word for it, because you are a bullshitter. We only know what we can see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly... so... why the hell would you come at us saying this bull shit? Go talk trash to your Bears fan friends in real life.

Tillman held Megatron to what? 10 catches for 127 yards in two games. Pretty solid job, especially playing with a torn triceps at the end of the last one. Megatron definitely didn't do anything worthy of throwing a parade over. He caught a big TD in a big spot. Good for him. He's a great receiver. He should do that. He beat Tillman when it counted.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the easier route- thats by no means saying its "easy". Ill try to explain this as best I can. There are no teams between them and the Lions. Bears have a 3-4 conference record right now- thats bad. Therefore, help will be required from SEVERAL teams for a WC spot. In the division, its the Bears and ONLY the Lions- and they are separated by just one game right now. Thats why its the easier route as of this moment.

You don't have to explain anything to me.
Yes there is 1 game separating us from the div. lead.
Do you really think Detroit is going to lose possibly 2 of their remaining games? With their schedule .
God I'd love to see the Bears win out. But being realistic, don't see that happening right now.
But as stated earlier, NO & Car. have 2 games to play vs each other. Not sure about NFC West games, but I'm sure there are a few match ups there as well.
Just think 11&5 will get a wild card.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to explain anything to me.
Yes there is 1 game separating us from the div. lead.
Do you really think Detroit is going to lose possibly 2 of their remaining games? With their schedule .
God I'd love to see the Bears win out. But being realistic, don't see that happening right now.
But as stated earlier, NO & Car. have 2 games to play vs each other. Not sure about NFC West games, but I'm sure there are a few match ups there as well.
Just think 11&5 will get a wild card.

No, there isn't. The Bears have the same record as the Lions. A tie breaker separates them. So, basically, the Bears are a half game back.

If Detroit loses Sunday, and the Bears win. The Bears are all alone in first place.