• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dec. 21st, 2012

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple items.....first the Mayan thing pisses me off because I put off doing laundry. Now my weekend is shot. :)

Second bit.....we do have a food and water problem. I know this based on my profession. There's not enough land to produce the food we need where the population is headed over the next 50 years. On top of that, people's diets are changing. Developing countries are moving from grain and rice based diets to diets including meat as the standard of living increases. Now you have to feed the animals we are going to eat and that raises the demands for grain, corn, etc even further. It's a real problem.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple items.....first the Mayan thing pisses me off because I put off doing laundry. Now my weekend is shot. :)

Second bit.....we do have a food and water problem. I know this based on my profession. There's not enough land to produce the food we need where the population is headed over the next 50 years. On top of that, people's diets are changing. Developing countries are moving from grain and rice based diets to diets including meat as the standard of living increases. Now you have to feed the animals we are going to eat and that raises the demands for grain, corn, etc even further. It's a real problem.

it also doesnt help that corn is used in gas...