• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Death Penalty For the New England Patriots

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball attendant delivers the balls to the ball boys – usually four provided by the home team and two traveling with the visiting team – who make sure their quarterback's preferred balls get into the game, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

At halftime, the balls return to the officials' locker room, the person said. So, if proper protocol is followed, the only opportunity to manipulate the balls is minutes before kickoff or during the game on the sideline, where there's a risk of anyone in the stadium and dozens of TV cameras seeing it.

Citing "league sources either involved or familiar with the investigation," ESPN reported Tuesday night that 11 of the Patriots' 12 game balls Sunday were underinflated by 2 pounds per square inch. The NFL and the Colts declined comment, and the Patriots reiterated they're cooperating with the league's investigation.

Asked how long it takes to change and measure the pressure of a football, the person said, "Ten seconds. But if they were all exactly 2 pounds under? It would be almost impossible to get them exactly all the same weight or the same psi.

"That, or you'd have to be really good at knowing exactly where to pull the needle. And then what if you take too much out? How are you going to pump it back up on the field? You can't. You need a ball pump to do it. That's what's even more weird about it. Too many moving parts."

Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read the fine for messing with the balls is $25,000 Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me

That's the minimum...we're talking a lot of deflated balls. What's going on in this world! :gaah:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's only noticeable on the throw or kick, how did the colts LB notice it?

The Colts linebacker could have put it in both hands after the pick and celebrated a bit by squeeing the ball which he has most likely done in his career in the past. Just this time when he squeezed the ball which would be harder pressure on the ball than when a ref picks up a ball to spot it he noticed it was different where his fingers went into the ball farther than normal. This squeeze he would have had to have done would be harder than a squeeze a QB would do with one hand.

If it didnt feel different why would he say anything and then why were 11 out of 12 balls the same way?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball attendant delivers the balls to the ball boys – usually four provided by the home team and two traveling with the visiting team – who make sure their quarterback's preferred balls get into the game, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.

At halftime, the balls return to the officials' locker room, the person said. So, if proper protocol is followed, the only opportunity to manipulate the balls is minutes before kickoff or during the game on the sideline, where there's a risk of anyone in the stadium and dozens of TV cameras seeing it.

Citing "league sources either involved or familiar with the investigation," ESPN reported Tuesday night that 11 of the Patriots' 12 game balls Sunday were underinflated by 2 pounds per square inch. The NFL and the Colts declined comment, and the Patriots reiterated they're cooperating with the league's investigation.

Asked how long it takes to change and measure the pressure of a football, the person said, "Ten seconds. But if they were all exactly 2 pounds under? It would be almost impossible to get them exactly all the same weight or the same psi.

"That, or you'd have to be really good at knowing exactly where to pull the needle. And then what if you take too much out? How are you going to pump it back up on the field? You can't. You need a ball pump to do it. That's what's even more weird about it. Too many moving parts."

Deflating footballs may not be as easy as it sounds

Listen these guys are professionals they work with balls all day long. They can deflate them and pump them right back up in a jiffy. I knew a girl back in school who could grab your balls and take exactly the right amount of pressure out of them...blow them right back up perfectly...and she wasn't even a professional!!! See anyone can do this... :suds:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen these guys are professionals they work with balls all day long. They can deflate them and pump them right back up in a jiffy. I knew a girl back in school who could grab your balls and take exactly the right amount of pressure out of them...blow them right back up perfectly...and she wasn't even a professional!!! See anyone can do this... :suds:

Do you happen to still have her number?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I'm still waiting for one fkkn media outlet to demonstrate two footballs on air = one correct weight, and one with air taken out similar to what allegedly happened during that colts/pats ch.-gm.,,.....my local radio station did it (98.5/Boston) on air and simulcast on live on tv and they couldn't tell the difference.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I'm still waiting for one fkkn media outlet to demonstrate two footballs on air = one correct weight, and one with air taken out similar to what allegedly happened during that colts/ch.-gm.,,.....my local radio station did it (98.5/Boston) on air and simulcast on live on tv and they couldn't tell the difference.

that's exactly why major media won't do that. It would completely destroy the public's manufactured outrage.

you can't tell a difference if we are talking 2 psi........ its all :bullshit:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I'm still waiting for one fkkn media outlet to demonstrate two footballs on air = one correct weight, and one with air taken out similar to what allegedly happened during that colts/pats ch.-gm.,,.....my local radio station did it (98.5/Boston) on air and simulcast on live on tv and they couldn't tell the difference.

Columnist Who Broke ‘DeflateGate’ Explains Himself: ‘It’s Not Sour Grapes’ | NFL | NESN.com

there is a video in this article

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they did that this morning on one of the NFL shows. Its a difference but a small one. That is why this is so stupid. Patriots would have won using nerf balls but that is not the point of all of this.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fuck sake. Brady needs help having had to throw to those wide receivers his whole career! Why the NFL should reward those ball boys in equalizing the competitive balance!

I heard Aaron Hernandez may get a one day furlough to play in the super bowl just to even things out!

I bet Manning never had to deflate a game ball!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no way, boston radio couldnt? BOSTON radio couldnt?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to wait for the final explanation from the NFL. But if we find some of the equipment managers floating in the river? I might be swayed.

I just wonder if somewhere, there is a ball boy tied up and standing in a box waiting for the cement to dry?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to wait for the final explanation from the NFL. But if we find some of the equipment managers floating in the river? I might be swayed.

I just wonder if somewhere, there is a ball boy tied up and standing in a box waiting for the cement to dry?

No it goes something like this....

Hey kid just admit to everything and you acted on your own! Aaron Hernandez will look out for you and when you get out you will be a made man!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it wasn't even like .2 oz or anything..it was 2 lbs!!!!! How did the refs not notice this?

No defense to the Pats but this is being reported poorly. Its 2 lbs per square inch which is a pressure not a weight. I'm not even sure if a football weighs 2 lbs.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw that on some webpage. Two guys throwing two sets of balls. Absolutely no difference in terms of distance. .

These rules came about because QBs like Peyton Manning and Brady wanted the ability to condition the balls the way they like, like a pitcher. And the league was just trying to accommodate them.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know common sense doesn't work for you, but I'd bet it does almost everyone else.

If it was so obvious a defensive player that doesn't touch a ball all day long every day noticed it was way under then what are the odds a QB that lives with a ball in hand wouldn't? This wasn't a slight deflation. It was 16% of the volume of the ball. It was obviously way low. At least according to the reports.

16% of the pressure of the ball... the volume of the football is pretty much constant at the point where you can begin to measure pressure. Still according to reports and players this gives a pretty significant gripping advantage especially in the conditions of the Pats-Colts game.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Patriots could have scored more than 8 points with a regular football...

Whoops, no logic should be used here!