• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadpool 3: Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I generally avoid Marvel trailers since Thor Ragnarok ruined maybe it's best scene.

I do think the main plot being so disposable will hurt the beginning of the movie on rewatching

Last edited:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight. All 3 movies in this “franchise” have been bangers. I would probably rank them in release order, though, even though I don’t really see a drop in quality from one to the next.

Some random thoughts on this one. Because the movie has not been out a week yet, I will spoiler these bullet points…

- Too much was spoiled by even the early trailers. I avoided the last couple, but the 20th Century Fox logo was spoiled over a year ago, and that ruined that spot in the movie for me.

- I wasn’t expecting Wesley Snipes! And they acknowledged the heat between him and Reynolds. Well done!

- Be honest…. Who called out Mathew McConaughy’s voice the second you heard it? I was not spoiled that he was in this, but I called it out immediately!

- Was that Megan Fox at the computer terminal in the TVA when Paradox was recruiting DP?

- Why Channing Tatum instead of Tyler Kitsch?

- I got two words for you… Leg-chucks!

- The huge Deadpool fight was actually pretty dumb. I could have done without that.
For number two I must’ve missed it as I don’t recall hearing his voice.

And for number 5 it’s because Fox cast him as the lead and was supposed to make a movie with him but they kept delaying it and then canceled it so this was their way of giving that whole thing closure.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-spoiler review:

This is good fun. I don't think its as strong as the first two movies but its not bad by any means. However, it is a pretty meta movie so if you don't know about some the old pre-MCU movies, you might not get the full enjoyment out of it. I'm not trying to spoil it here but when you see it, you'll get it. Felt like they also went out of their way to make it a point Disney was ok with the R rated stuff because they definitely drop tons of F bombs and tons of gratuitous violence. Maybe a little too much because they could have subbed some of it out for a story with a bit more depth. It's still enjoyable though. I'd say its a solid B, 86 out 100 type of deal.

This seems about right. We saw this yesterday. I only got about half of the references to previous movies, roles and plot points, but I really enjoyed it. I suspect one's enjoyment tracks with how familiar they are with all of that... I've only seen a couple of those flicks. Agree that some of the F-bombs were gratuitous also, but I got used to that.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to watch it again right away. I was laughing and missed a lot of lines.
That's why I gave it another go; mainly because I missed the post credits easter egg.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I gave it another go; mainly because I missed the post credits easter egg.
How did you miss it? Were you the guy in my showing who left right as the credits came up, and who the whole crowd was laughing at?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost everything has been spoiled. I currently have no strong desire to see it in the theater.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost everything has been spoiled. I currently have no strong desire to see it in the theater.
How has it been spoiled for you? Did you watch review vids? Did you read articles about the movie?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilers were in the titles of news articles appearing in my feed.
I make a point to watch “spoiler” movies earlier than other movies (MCU definitely qualifies) to avoid that. Though, I also avoid spoiler articles like the plague, so I don’t tend to get those in my feeds. I also don’t “hang out” on X or tick-tock or any of those “instant” SM platforms. Though I do live on YouTube and cycle through Reddit more than I want too, but I don’t get many spoilery thumbnails there.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make a point to watch “spoiler” movies earlier than other movies (MCU definitely qualifies) to avoid that. Though, I also avoid spoiler articles like the plague, so I don’t tend to get those in my feeds. I also don’t “hang out” on X or tick-tock or any of those “instant” SM platforms. Though I do live on YouTube and cycle through Reddit more than I want too, but I don’t get many spoilery thumbnails there.
When I said “feed”, I meant news sites that my work computer browser defaults to, and other news aggregator sites online.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my question is, if you dont see the movie how do you know what got spoiled??

also, with movies like this, the plot is not very important... its the ride that is fun... not sure how they can spoil that...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is, if you dont see the movie how do you know what got spoiled??

also, with movies like this, the plot is not very important... its the ride that is fun... not sure how they can spoil that...
To be fair, the Fox emblem in the void would have hit harder if that image hadn’t been spoiled over a year ago.

But avoided as many spoilers as I could going in, and while I suspected the identity of 1 of the “Others”, and KNEW the identity of another, I was completely surprised by 2 of them (and I enjoyed the twist of the 5th).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the Fox emblem in the void would have hit harder if that image hadn’t been spoiled over a year ago.

But avoided as many spoilers as I could going in, and while I suspected the identity of 1 of the “Others”, and KNEW the identity of another, I was completely surprised by 2 of them (and I enjoyed the twist of the 5th).

even the surprise of the "others" they didnt matter that much to the movie anyway... and once they made their appearance, all other scenes with them already had the spoil...

so even if you knew the 5 would that have ruined the movie?? its not like knowing Bruce willis was dead the whole time... its just knowing what characters are in a movie...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even the surprise of the "others" they didnt matter that much to the movie anyway... and once they made their appearance, all other scenes with them already had the spoil...

so even if you knew the 5 would that have ruined the movie?? its not like knowing Bruce willis was dead the whole time... its just knowing what characters are in a movie...
Sure. The movie was good, regardless. But movies like DP rely a LOT on the cameos and the blatant eastereggs. Having those spoiled do lessen the impact of the movie, imho.

But I work somewhat diligently to avoid spoilers, and while I can’t avoid all of them, I do avoid most. So it it is possible to live somewhat spoiler-free, even in the plugged in world we live in today.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madonna "Like a Prayer (Battle Royal Remix)", from the film: