• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dead Man Walking

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with him as an OC, at least he understands they style of offense that we try to run with a guy, let's call him Tim, that doesn't

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you morans even watch college football??

nearly every big shot head coach right now got their big time jobs straight from coordinator positions at successful universities

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you morans even watch college football??

nearly every big shot head coach right now got their big time jobs straight from coordinator positions at successful universities

Not good enough for Nebraska, Only an experienced, proven, championship winning coach is acceptable. We are Nebraska, dammit.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Hudspeth
In three years with the Ragin’ Cajuns, Hudspeth is 27-12 overall and 17-6 in Sun Belt play. UL Lafayette claimed a share of the Sun Belt title in 2013, and the program has three consecutive bowl victories. Prior to his stint with the Ragin’ Cajuns, Hudspeth went 66-21 in seven years with North Alabama. He also has stops in his career at Mississippi State (2009-10), Delta State and Navy. If a SEC job opens this offseason, keep an eye on Hudspeth as a potential replacement.
Guy we could hire away, and he has good ties in Texas for recruits.

I still like this guy.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fast jumping off the Frost train.

He may be the next big thing. I just don't know if I'd break him in at Nebraska.

If we're going to fire and hire someone, let's make it really fuckin count this time. No going all in on a gut feeling.

in a perfect world bo could be successful if he just changed his staff and get some experience coaches. ...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested to see how oregon replaces Maryowetuh, fancy Frostypants or not, if they continue playing like they've been then there's some credit due

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon just finds a way to reload.

If in fact, Frost would have played a part in recruiting and evaluating talent to fit the system, to what extent he does or doesn't now idk

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Bo style isn't suited for the big ten

I'm starting to think maybe Bo was better in the pass happy big12. you look at the blowouts they all happened in the big ten from 2011 till now.

just something to ponder

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wisconsin might beg to differ on experience part lol

Just goes to show, it ain't always about experience. Some new young guy may be better suited than someone with a few years under their belts. Experience has to come from somewhere.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you teach me how to poop my pants for 5 years, all that means is I know how to poop my pants.

So, experienced? Yea, they're experienced alright. But some experiences are different than others. I wouldn't call our staff experienced in the way that we need them.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you teach me how to poop my pants for 5 years, all that means is I know how to poop my pants.

So, experienced? Yea, they're experienced alright. But some experiences are different than others. I wouldn't call our staff experienced in the way that we need them.

Probably true. it would have been nice to have them cut their teeth on someone else's dime.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Bo's mistake is in the offense. a spread offense just isn't conducive to keeping the score low. our offense should look like Minn/iowa/Wiscys. It should be focused on staying on the field for a long time so Bo can have time to make adjustments on the sideline for the defense. This 3 and out crap with virtually 0 time off the clock just isn't the way to play in the Big 10. the spread works when you have a QB like Mariota or Barrett or Miller unfortunately NU just isn't blessed with one of them, unless of course that's Stanton and we'll never know because Beck and Bo don't know how to give someone else playing time.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tend to agree with you on that. I see no need to hurry up if you aren't moving the ball anyway. Hell, call a huddle and really throw the defense off.
I was a fan of the spread offense when it was implemented back in the Big XII. Now I think a return to the power run, incorporating the fullback and TE's into the offense more, should be considered. More teams are building defenses to deal with the spread offense. As we saw last week, a good power running team can handle those spread defenses fairly easily.
Of course, at this time NU does not have a TE that would flourish in a power run offense. And a quality fullback is as rare as a unicorn these days.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Bo's mistake is in the offense. a spread offense just isn't conducive to keeping the score low. our offense should look like Minn/iowa/Wiscys. It should be focused on staying on the field for a long time so Bo can have time to make adjustments on the sideline for the defense. This 3 and out crap with virtually 0 time off the clock just isn't the way to play in the Big 10. the spread works when you have a QB like Mariota or Barrett or Miller unfortunately NU just isn't blessed with one of them, unless of course that's Stanton and we'll never know because Beck and Bo don't know how to give someone else playing time.

I pretty much concur here.

We try to go up-tempo on Offense but when we can't sustain drives it screws us over.