• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL Mock Discussion Thread- 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady? Absolutely man. Dude is 45 and still as good as anyone in the game lol. He gets dinged because he doesn't look like Tarzan, but I think he could have gone to a lot of teams and had similar success. Go through all the teams over the last 20 years and imagine Brady as their QB instead of whoever they had. How about Shane's Brown's the last few years? Tommy's Vikings the last 20 years. Hell, my Cowboys. If Brady had the OL the Cowboys have had the last 10 years, the WR's, etc? He made the Patriots far more than they made him
I think Brady could've taken at least 25 franchises to the promised land multiple times.

The Jets almost had a contender with Mark Sanchez. Brady would've gotten multiple rings out of that era if he was a Jet

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious about 3 of your first 4 picks.

R1 & R2 - OT - Isn't Becton improving and becoming a force? I get they need a RT but with Becton, Vera-Tucker and McGovern I figure they look pretty good for 3 of the 5 OL spots. Why 2 tackles?

R3 - RB - Isn't Michael Carter a stud?

Becton is a stud... and Vera-tucker looks like he can be too... but they are weak on the other side... and i know that players dont always switch sides or positions smoothly... but i am not passing on the best talent at those positions... you will always find places to play your best players IMO... and then there is also depth... Becton has been injured in his career... to have depth at OL is huge IMO... i mean, dont you want to protect your young QB??

I love Carter... but he is not a work horse, if i could use that duo, that is just going to help Wilson so much.... My goal this draft was to do everything to make WILSON better... not the JETS... i dont care about making the jets better, as they are not a playoff bound team... i want to see if wilson can become a stud... and if he becomes one, then we can clean up the roster, and fill in the defensive holes later....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady could've taken at least 25 franchises to the promised land multiple times.

The Jets almost had a contender with Mark Sanchez. Brady would've gotten multiple rings out of that era if he was a Jet
I agree. I think he(or any other HOF guy) make the same difference. Take last year..If Brady QB's SF, do they lose to the Rams? No way IMO. The Niners nearly won till Jimmy G gagged himself. Tennessee Titans? Trade Brady for Tannehill and how does that look...in his mid 40's... Do the Cowboys lose with Brady instead of Dak...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becton is a stud... and Vera-tucker looks like he can be too... but they are weak on the other side... and i know that players dont always switch sides or positions smoothly... but i am not passing on the best talent at those positions... you will always find places to play your best players IMO... and then there is also depth... Becton has been injured in his career... to have depth at OL is huge IMO... i mean, dont you want to protect your young QB??

I love Carter... but he is not a work horse, if i could use that duo, that is just going to help Wilson so much.... My goal this draft was to do everything to make WILSON better... not the JETS... i dont care about making the jets better, as they are not a playoff bound team... i want to see if wilson can become a stud... and if he becomes one, then we can clean up the roster, and fill in the defensive holes later....
Fair enough, I just thought with Sauce Gardner for your taking he would be a huge add to that weak secondary. You could have added OT in the 2nd round...not critiquing bc I am not a Jets fan, nor do I wish I was

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady? Absolutely man. Dude is 45 and still as good as anyone in the game lol. He gets dinged because he doesn't look like Tarzan, but I think he could have gone to a lot of teams and had similar success. Go through all the teams over the last 20 years and imagine Brady as their QB instead of whoever they had. How about Shane's Brown's the last few years? Tommy's Vikings the last 20 years. Hell, my Cowboys. If Brady had the OL the Cowboys have had the last 10 years, the WR's, etc? He made the Patriots far more than they made him

let me rephrase, because i do think there is a difference between veteran Brady and young brady... veteran brady had the knowledge and confidence to win wherever he went... but young brady became veteran brady because of his situation... He always had an elite offensive line, always had a good defense, and always had an elite coach... that recipe turned him into veteran brady...

If he went to any other team without that recipe he would have never turned into the veteran brady... as he was not overly talented...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I just thought with Sauce Gardner for your taking he would be a huge add to that weak secondary. You could have added OT in the 2nd round...not critiquing bc I am not a Jets fan, nor do I wish I was

i tried to trade every pick i had.... and do think the jets will trade... it just makes too much sense...

But i have explained why i would never draft gardner.... even if the jets do it in real life...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Elway 2
Elway is kinda the proof that a HOF guy can just will his way there but if he doesnt have a team around him then he wont get it done. Mahomes has one of those SBs. Peyton does, too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to trade every pick i had.... and do think the jets will trade... it just makes too much sense...

But i have explained why i would never draft gardner.... even if the jets do it in real life...
Huge Ego?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me rephrase, because i do think there is a difference between veteran Brady and young brady... veteran brady had the knowledge and confidence to win wherever he went... but young brady became veteran brady because of his situation... He always had an elite offensive line, always had a good defense, and always had an elite coach... that recipe turned him into veteran brady...

If he went to any other team without that recipe he would have never turned into the veteran brady... as he was not overly talented...
Man I just disagree. 7 is 7. You could argue he is a fluke play here or there from 8-9. People have revisionist history when it comes to the Bucs. They weren't going anywhere before he got there. Then suddenly it's this amazing team carrying him. It's laughable.
I think a GREAT QB makes all the other units on your team look much better than they did before. Take Mahomes off K.C. and no one is scared of that team. Take Allen off the Bills, heck, take Burrow off the Bengals....its the QB IMO, not the team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is kinda the proof that a HOF guy can just will his way there but if he doesnt have a team around him then he wont get it done. Mahomes has one of those SBs. Peyton does, too.
Mahomes will have 3-4 more...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just disagree. 7 is 7. You could argue he is a fluke play here or there from 8-9. People have revisionist history when it comes to the Bucs. They weren't going anywhere before he got there. Then suddenly it's this amazing team carrying him. It's laughable.
I think a GREAT QB makes all the other units on your team look much better than they did before. Take Mahomes off K.C. and no one is scared of that team. Take Allen off the Bills, heck, take Burrow off the Bengals....its the QB IMO, not the team
You think Watson beats the KC 2 years ago with that Browns team that came up just short? In my mind they absolutely do, they are probably in the SB imo. Elite OL, elite running game, even w/o OBJ and a top 15 defense. Now great QB's do need ENOUGH around them but they make all the difference in the world.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is proof that if you cheat the cap anybody can win it.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see who Dallas goes with after that trade up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Watson beats the KC 2 years ago with that Browns team that came up just short? In my mind they absolutely do, they are probably in the SB imo. Elite OL, elite running game, even w/o OBJ and a top 15 defense. Now great QB's do need ENOUGH around them but they make all the difference in the world.
Yeah I think that's the difference between a good team and a great team.
That Browns team...I think Watson or any other top guy wins with that team. To me, that's like the Ravens winning the Super Bowl with the Ravens. That team could have won with practically anyone. But you put Brady or Rodgers on that team, they go 19-0

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Skyy Moore who you were trying to move up for specifically?
100%. I would have settled for one other WR or one other defensive player, but Moore is who I wanted. I didn't think he would make 56. Wasn't willing to risk it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.