• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DBacks at Doyers Series Thread (9/9 - 9/11): Knock them out

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Boston. But you can't bet against Verlander, Sherzer, and Anibal Sanchez. And with their offense too? Shit. Also, they have tons of experience.

I just really think Boston is putting it together. Them having to finish against a very competitive AL East is going to set them up nice for the competition of October. I think it will be Boston and Detroit, and I like LA in the NL, but I just don't know who they play in the NLCS.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Kevin Towers trading Aaron Hill you gotta trade good players to get good players. Also I think Parra will be gone...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Boston. But you can't bet against Verlander, Sherzer, and Anibal Sanchez. And with their offense too? Shit. Also, they have tons of experience.

I just really think Boston is putting it together. Them having to finish against a very competitive AL East is going to set them up nice for the competition of October. I think it will be Boston and Detroit, and I like LA in the NL, but I just don't know who they play in the NLCS.

I like Boston too, but I just don't think their pitching staff would last in a series vs. Detroit's offense. Throw in their pitching staff with Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez, and Fister and that seals it for me.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys definitely need to keep Parra. His presents in LF is undeniable, and his bat definitely isn't bad. I can see you guys getting something good for Hill, hopefully a decent starting pitcher.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys definitely need to keep Parra. His presents in LF is undeniable, and his bat definitely isn't bad. I can see you guys getting something good for Hill, hopefully a decent starting pitcher.

When Parra was hot he was carrying us. A consistent Parra and we could be in the wild card race despite inconsistent pitching.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Boston too, but I just don't think their pitching staff would last in a series vs. Detroit's offense. Throw in their pitching staff with Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez, and Fister and that seals it for me.

I can't argue with that. And Boston's offense is so massive, but good pitching beats good hitting, and I think it's clear that Detroit has the best rotation in baseball. I think it's Detroit's to lose, unless somehow Lackey and Lester can step up to the level of Peavy. It's possible with Lester, because he is pretty solid in October, but I just can't see all of those pieces coming together. Detroit hitting is just too primed to capitalize.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe trade Didi?

Also not happening... KT loves him and his glove is extremely valuable. Finding a better SS would be tough, it's a very weak position. Owings, Pollock, Cahill, Skaggs, and Davidson are guys I could see getting traded. Maybe Hill at next year's deadline if we end up sellers (I swear to god we better not be sellers next year or I'll kill myself) Though, I'd rather not trade Skaggs. I still think he can be special.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didi wouldn't be a bad trade, I just don't know how much you get for him. Someone would have to really want him. KT doesn't have a history of maximizing the marketability of his players.

Didi has potential as a player but how high is his ceiling will he ever improve his swing? Hes a player the Dbacks might wanna take a chance on trading.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that you guys are paying too many infielders. Hill, Bloomquist, Chavez, Prado, Didi, Owings, and Pennington. Gotta make some decisions. It would be better if you just had a utility infielder that you could use across the diamond for a backup, instead of one at each position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didi and Parra are two of the best defensive players in the MLB. I wouldn't trade either of them... having them in the lineup does mean we need some power in other places though. I think adding an OF that hits for power needs to be a priority this offseason.
Eaton-Hill-Prado-Goldy-Power Hitting OF-Montero-Parra-Didi = very solid lineup with excellent defense

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as SP's go... Corbin is the only guy that I REALLY like long term. Of course Bradley has to prove himself first but adding him to Corbin could give us a nice 1-2 punch of young starters but we are still lacking a consistent, proven starter. We wasted money on McCarthy.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand excellent defense but to be honest were not just going to get pitchers we gotta go out and trade even if that means trading good talent like Hill.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about this... for the money we used to sign Ross, McCarthy and Bell this offseason we could've just combined it and spent it on a pitcher like Zack Greinke.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didi and Parra are two of the best defensive players in the MLB. I wouldn't trade either of them... having them in the lineup does mean we need some power in other places though. I think adding an OF that hits for power needs to be a priority this offseason.
Eaton-Hill-Prado-Goldy-Power Hitting OF-Montero-Parra-Didi = very solid lineup with excellent defense

I agree with that. KT's gotta pony up for that though.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT loves to tinker with people and he always thinks he knows what hes doing instead of thinking things through honestly hes been decent so far the Prado trade is looking like a steal though.