• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DBacks at Doyers Series Thread (9/9 - 9/11): Knock them out

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what ASU is doing, but when the schedule goes up on ESPN at the end of the month, I'm going to put it to a vote and give people a month to vote between this site, and some of the others. Problem is that if we get enough people, we are really going to need something that has live updates. We routinely had 40-50 people who commented during games, and so these pages will fill up in minutes and it would be too much to keep refreshing and going back to read comments. We'll figure it out though. I was telling Sting that Prestige777 from last year was saying that if we can't find one that has live updates, he can easily create one doing some super-computer-nerd shit. He was trying to explain it and he lost me, so I had to take his word for it.

Those small chat boards don't seem to last very long. We've tried to use 2 different sites like that and eventually migrated back here. ESPN worked because it was instant, easy to use, and easy to find. You can make a chat site, just don't expect the convos to be similar to the ESPN ones.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN had unfair mods, but at least they had mods. I don't know why other sites aren't trying to improve there chat services after ESPN went under. Is there any chance ESPN could go back?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just have everyone come over here, then use this for forums, and then have a chat service.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm definitely not making excuses, but you don't really give your team a chance to win when you give the night off to your starting CF, 3B, LF, and 2B, especially when those first 3 are all hitting .283, .276, and .272, respectively. Really disrupts the line-up when your #1, #5, and #6 hitters are all sitting. I actually a little surprised that LA still mustered 8 hits through 7 innings.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what ASU is doing, but when the schedule goes up on ESPN at the end of the month, I'm going to put it to a vote and give people a month to vote between this site, and some of the others. Problem is that if we get enough people, we are really going to need something that has live updates. We routinely had 40-50 people who commented during games, and so these pages will fill up in minutes and it would be too much to keep refreshing and going back to read comments. We'll figure it out though. I was telling Sting that Prestige777 from last year was saying that if we can't find one that has live updates, he can easily create one doing some super-computer-nerd shit. He was trying to explain it and he lost me, so I had to take his word for it.

Yeah, as Orange said we've tried a couple other sites and they haven't worked out well... one of them had a similar set up to ESPN too but there just wasn't enough activity because there wasn't enough exposure for it to bring in lots of fans like ESPN has. Right now I honestly believe this is the best option for in game convos unless something else comes up.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always edit your settings and do "show 100 comments per page" or set it to however many you'd like.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those small chat boards don't seem to last very long. We've tried to use 2 different sites like that and eventually migrated back here. ESPN worked because it was instant, easy to use, and easy to find. You can make a chat site, just don't expect the convos to be similar to the ESPN ones.

I don't think they lasted very long with us on there because there are only like 5-10 of us posting, so there really isn't the need, or the traffic. But we averaged over 1,000 posts per game, twice a week, during basketball. There is no way this board could handle that. I get that there were trolls contributing to many of those posts, but like I said, with 50+ dedicated posters, it would just be too much traffic on here.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you adjust the posts per page, Sting? I'm having trouble finding it.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parra deserves every penny of a new contract! Too bad it took this long for him to get the opportunity to show off his skills!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we used to score six runs and get free tacos? My digestive system does...

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy can have anything of mine he wants...anything(whisper indistinctly)!