• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day Away Mock Draft

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside of 24 hours, might as well do a morck draft. I don't know team needs or anything, so criticize my mach draft as much as you want.

1. LA Rams - Jared Gof - pretty much a given at this point.
2. Philly Eagles - Carson Went - also pretty much a given.
3. SD Chargers - Deforestation Brucker - a lot of options for Diego, but this is the one I'm seeing a lot lately.
4. Cowboys - Jaleen Ramsey - hear Dallas is high on him.
5. JAX - Joe Boso - looks like it's between Bosa and Jack.
6. B-Raves - Laramey Tunstil - if he falls to Baltimore, they'll pull the trigger.
7. 49ers - BillPaxton Lynch - rumors are there may be a handful of QBs in round 1. Lynch going 7 would be an early warning sign.
8. Browns - Jack Myles - I don't know Cleveland's needs but it seems the range for him.
9. TB Bucs - Vernon Hargroves - NFL dot com says their top need is CB, so it's Hargrieving for them.
10. NYG - Reggie Ragland - earlier than most malk drafts I've seen, but I could see the Giants pulling the trigger on Ragland.
11. Da Bears - Leo Floyd - again, just took NFL website top position need for them.
12. Nawlins - Conner Cooker - reports today that they like Lynch. With BillPaxton gone, they take the next best QB.
13. The Laces out Dans - Ezekee Eliot - Elliot is the guy I hear most associated with who the Fins want.
14. Joakland - Ron Staley - NFL top need OT, my ridiculous mock has Stanley available at 14 so the Raiduhs get 'em.
15. Titans - Jack Conlin - why not?
16. TRADE (there are gonna be trades, might as well mauk one) - NY Jets - Christophen Hackenlisberger - not worth a 1st round pick, IMO, but if reports of many QBs going tomorrow night, then some guys are gonna get reached for.
17. Flacons - Kevin Dood - NFL top need for the dirty south, D-end, which happens to be Dodd's position. What a coincidence?
18. Baltimore Colts - LaRavens Clerk - gotta protect Luck.
19. Bills - A-Sean Robins - the Buffalo need DL, apparently.
20. Lions (from Jets) - Tyler Deckard - NFL.cahm says they get an OT.
21. Wasinton - Carl Joey - reports is they want to trade back to land Joseph, but mokking 1 trade is mentally taxing enough.
22. Houston Texas - Billiam Fullor - a WR sounds good.
23. Minnesota Nordiques - Lakwahn Treadswell - back-to-back wideouts here.
24. Cincy Bungles - Robert Nemceviche - NFL on line predicts a DT.
25. Pittsburgh Stealers - Eli Appleseed - Pitt likes him, I guess.
26. Seattle - German Ifdie - they need o-line.
27. Cheeseheads - Jaylon Smyth - he's injured, but successful franchises know to take talented players, even if they have to wait to see that on the field.
28. KC Chefs - Daron Lee - again, going of NFL's listed needs. Reid likes Lynch, but once again, he's long gone by this pick.
29. AZ Cards - Von Bell - saftey is a need? I guess honey badgers knee asplode too bad.
30. Curolina Panteras - Will Jaxon III 3 the third Jr. - they waived that Norman guy to the Redskins, get a CB replacement.
31. Denver Super Bowl Champion Broncos - Sheldon Rankings - Malik Jackson replacement.

So there it is. My eagerly anticipated draft guesses. If I get more than 2 or 3 right, I'll be highly (though pleasantly) surprised.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers not taking Smith in the 1st round, I will put my life savings on that.

- Packers have said repeatedly Clay Matthews will be at OLB in 2016 and they have no depth at ILB... so that means somewhere someone is getting drafted at ILB to play this year even if for depth (and not a redshirt option).
- Packers will not draft with that much risk in 1st round... McGahee and Carradine are 2 "red shirt" players drafted in 1st/2nd.. both are busts. Packers typically shy away from risk in draft and more so in early rounds
- If Billings, Butler or Spence are all there at pick 27 as you suspect.. one of them will easily be selected over a redshirt player as Packers also need help on DL

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was difficult to read

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers not taking Smith in the 1st round, I will put my life savings on that.

- Packers have said repeatedly Clay Matthews will be at OLB in 2016 and they have no depth at ILB... so that means somewhere someone is getting drafted at ILB to play this year even if for depth (and not a redshirt option).
- Packers will not draft with that much risk in 1st round... McGahee and Carradine are 2 "red shirt" players drafted in 1st/2nd.. both are busts. Packers typically shy away from risk in draft and more so in early rounds
- If Billings, Butler or Spence are all there at pick 27 as you suspect.. one of them will easily be selected over a redshirt player as Packers also need help on DL

Fair enough. As I said, I don't know team needs or anything. All I know about Jaylon Smith is that Mike Golic thinks he's good. Didn't even know the name Jaylon Smith 'til I heard Golic talking about him on the radio this morning.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late news is saying Stanley to San Diego. My moch is RUINED. Thanks a lot, Chargers. You're just trying to screw me 'cause I'm a Broncos fan.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole draft, but I'd have to say you put more thought into the names vs. where they were picked.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole draft, but I'd have to say you put more thought into the names vs. where they were picked.

Ehhhh, basically. Not that the names took much mental agility.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers draft Stanley at 3, they're even dumber then I thought. Ramsey, Buckner, and MAYBE Bosa should be the only options they pick from. I know this franchise loves to disappoint their fans so I'm expecting the worst.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers draft Stanley at 3, they're even dumber then I thought. Ramsey, Buckner, and MAYBE Bosa should be the only options they pick from. I know this franchise loves to disappoint their fans so I'm expecting the worst.

It could all be stemming from Mayock's mock. He's got them taking Stanley. So as long as mock drafts are usually 99.7% wrong (which seems a modest average for mock drafts), there's a good chance they'll go somewhere else.