• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day 2 Observations

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much except we signed Bruce Campbell to play Tackle. According to JSteelz, Graham agreed to the Bills contract while at Redskins Park. Thats embarassing and should not have happened. Antonio Smith is currently at Redskins Park and its rumored Ritche Incognito is visiting as well. Ryan Clark allegedly visited today but nothing happened.

Tomorrow, Anthony Spencer is visiting.

While I think Day 1 was effective, Day 2 was pretty bad. Too many names flying off the board and no movement for us. Its not that we aren't signing alot of players, its that we are dumpster diving and don't have any significant visits scheduled. Why isn't Ziggy Hood, Captain Munneryln, Brandon Spikes or Chris Clemmons visiting?

I am fine with our approach of not going after high priced FA, but going after washed up players is not the answer. Last year we complained about not having any cap space, now what is our excuse?

Free Agency is not over, but too much talent is being grabbed and we don't really appear to have a strategy. We had a terrible defense and have done nothing to address it. Siging Hall, Orakpo and Riley simply gets us back to what we were last year, a terrible defense. Roberts and Lavauo will help, but the team is wrecked and coming off a 3-13 season.

I believe we must build through the draft but the problem is that Allen doesn't draft well and his teams in Oakland and Tampa Bay clearly show that. I pray Brown, Smith and Campbell pull a rabbit out of the hat because we will have to rely on the draft to fill the holes and get us back on our feet.

I would hope we would sign at least 3 more starters in FA because we can't find that many in the draft. Hood, Spikes and Munnerlyn would be great fits and help improve that defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much except we signed Bruce Campbell to play Tackle. According to JSteelz, Graham agreed to the Bills contract while at Redskins Park. Thats embarassing and should not have happened. Antonio Smith is currently at Redskins Park and its rumored Ritche Incognito is visiting as well. Ryan Clark allegedly visited today but nothing happened.

Tomorrow, Anthony Spencer is visiting.

While I think Day 1 was effective, Day 2 was pretty bad. Too many names flying off the board and no movement for us. Its not that we aren't signing alot of players, its that we are dumpster diving and don't have any significant visits scheduled. Why isn't Ziggy Hood, Captain Munneryln, Brandon Spikes or Chris Clemmons visiting?

I am fine with our approach of not going after high priced FA, but going after washed up players is not the answer. Last year we complained about not having any cap space, now what is our excuse?

Free Agency is not over, but too much talent is being grabbed and we don't really appear to have a strategy. We had a terrible defense and have done nothing to address it. Siging Hall, Orakpo and Riley simply gets us back to what we were last year, a terrible defense. Roberts and Lavauo will help, but the team is wrecked and coming off a 3-13 season.

I believe we must build through the draft but the problem is that Allen doesn't draft well and his teams in Oakland and Tampa Bay clearly show that. I pray Brown, Smith and Campbell pull a rabbit out of the hat because we will have to rely on the draft to fill the holes and get us back on our feet.

I would hope we would sign at least 3 more starters in FA because we can't find that many in the draft. Hood, Spikes and Munnerlyn would be great fits and help improve that defense.

I'm not sure why it's embarrassing for a guy to sign a contract while at another place. Maybe it was between us and Buffalo and we wouldn't match their offer. It doesn't matter in the least.

Day one is always a flurry.

Day two was slower and I'm with you on signing old guys but want to see their contracts more before I complain.

We want to see certain players here but let's be honest...there is a reason they are FAs and not retained by their teams.

The only real head scratcher I see is Mike Mitchell. He got minimal guaranteed so his contract is easily voidable without future ramifications and he played like a 5 million dollar safety last season. Perhaps it was his missed tackles that scared us off or we saw something in his play we didn't like. I for one am hoping he plays horribly wherever he signed to prove us right.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that Ryan Clark would be viable and more affordable as a safety/tutor for whomever the Redskins draft than Mitchell.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Mitchell didnt want to play in DC....If a guy doesnt want to be on our team, he doesnt want to be on the team, and I dont want to throw extra money at him to get him to come.....

I would be ok with Antonio Smith and Ryan Clark but definetly dont want Spencer, that Microfrancture Surgery...Um no thanks

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to sign any FA on the wrong side of 30 this year. We are in no position to contend for a few years and players over 30 will not be around to help us. Unfortunately, it sends a mixed message to players (Current Core) that the front office is doing nothing to help them.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to sign any FA on the wrong side of 30 this year. We are in no position to contend for a few years and players over 30 will not be around to help us. Unfortunately, it sends a mixed message to players (Current Core) that the front office is doing nothing to help them.

The only caveat to this is if we bring a vet in to groom a young squad. For example, we are really young in the secondary. SO maybe bringing a Ryan Clark in for a year or two to show Rambo and Thomas the ropes could provide some benefit. But you don't want to overpay for that.