• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis is a no show, looking for new contract

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke should do what he's doing now, nothing. he can't set a bad precedence cause there are others in line, more every year.

Davis will show up later, pay his fine, and keep playing. his 'brand' can't continue zip if he doesn't play this season.

Boone is more likely to hold out longer, but while doing so, he's letting others show their stuff. While we all prefer Boone plays now, don't see "others" being a huge drop off? Looney isn't a rookie and they might let Kilgore and Marcus Martin compete there too?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of this at all.....I say let him sit and put 3 WRs on the field.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of this at all.....I say let him sit and put 3 WRs on the field.

Me neither. Very disappointing. I am sure when the 49ers planned out their salary cap situation, they planned on paying Davis what is in his contract. They can't just start changing contracts on a whim. Based on the amount he is currently being paid, they must be counting on that amount

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis holdout results in reps for TE Vance McDonald - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 270+ Sites

Davis has 93 catches for 1,398 yards and 18 touchdowns over the past two seasons. He is 30 years old. Wide receiver Eric Decker, 27, had 172 receptions for 2,352 yards and 24 TDs over that same period with the Denver Broncos.

Decker just signed a five-year deal with the New York Jets this offseason that averages $7.25 million. Davis’ deal, which he signed in 2010, averages $7.35 million per season. Moreover, Davis and Decker are represented by the same agent, Todd France.

With all due respect Mr. Davis, you can stop your bitching and get your ass to camp now...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vernon Davis holdout results in reps for TE Vance McDonald - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 270+ Sites

Davis has 93 catches for 1,398 yards and 18 touchdowns over the past two seasons. He is 30 years old. Wide receiver Eric Decker, 27, had 172 receptions for 2,352 yards and 24 TDs over that same period with the Denver Broncos.

Decker just signed a five-year deal with the New York Jets this offseason that averages $7.25 million. Davis’ deal, which he signed in 2010, averages $7.35 million per season. Moreover, Davis and Decker are represented by the same agent, Todd France.

With all due respect Mr. Davis, you can stop your bitching and get your ass to camp now...

Can't really respect this guy's opinion after this:

Admittedly, McDonald is more of a blocking tight end anyways. The fact that they have their blocking tight end taking reps with the first team indicates their faith that they will come to agreement with Vernon Davis — or perhaps that he’ll cave first.

McDonald is, at least in theory, a better receiver than blocker. Certainly he's the better option than Celek.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't really respect this guy's opinion after this:

Admittedly, McDonald is more of a blocking tight end anyways. The fact that they have their blocking tight end taking reps with the first team indicates their faith that they will come to agreement with Vernon Davis — or perhaps that he’ll cave first.

McDonald is, at least in theory, a better receiver than blocker. Certainly he's the better option than Celek.

I think everyone thought same when the Niners drafted him... But last season I think McDonald DID block better than he caught passes or ran routes...

As for the part I hilighted, that was a Maiocco quote that the writer was using...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the 49ers keep their stand. I can understand if this was their last year but both players have 2 years left. Don't show them the money especially VD who is the 3rd highest paid TE already. He isn't the best in the league so no he shouldn't get a raise.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think everyone thought same when the Niners drafted him... But last season I think McDonald DID block better than he caught passes or ran routes...

As for the part I hilighted, that was a Maiocco quote that the writer was using...

Yes, he probably did do better blocking than receiving. But he's still pretty clearly our #2 receiving TE. Unless Carrier really shows something.