• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis is a no show, looking for new contract

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But Davis has no leverage in this. Is he going to sit out for the next two years and not collect a paycheck? I don't see that happening. Even if he did how much would a 30 something TE that sat out for two years be worth? I extremely doubt more than he is making now.

So don't come to OTA's just be there at TC. Kap and VD has enough chemistry that the should be able to get up to speed with each other fairly quickly and this forces Kap to figure it out with at least another TE/WR which can only be a good thing.

Oh, he's got no leverage whatsoever absent a fairly empty threat of not playing at all. Heck, we can keep him for three years with the franchise tag (if he's still playing at a high level, absolutely no doubt but that he's worth it), and the only thing he can do about it is threaten to hold out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Vernon wants to get paid ... 42.7 million dollars isn't getting paid ? WTF.... Try working at Walmart Vernon... These guy's are so out of touch...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Vernon wants to get paid ... 42.7 million dollars isn't getting paid ? WTF.... Try working at Walmart Vernon... These guy's are so out of touch...

Well that's just dumb. Obviously even the worst-paid NFL player is still extremely well compensated when compared to the average American. Even guys on the PS make good money on that scale.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Let him holdout and see how his "brand" does when he's not wearing a uniform and playing.

As I've said in the past I can't side with players in cases like this who sign long extensions because you're trading the chance to earn more money later for money upfront and security. That's the whole reason teams sign long extensions like this because they hope to keep you below market value.

Looks like it's time for Roman to dust off the couple pages that have 3-4 WR sets in the playbook.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let him holdout and see how his "brand" does when he's not wearing a uniform and playing.

As I've said in the past I can't side with players in cases like this who sign long extensions because you're trading the chance to earn more money later for money upfront and security. That's the whole reason teams sign long extensions like this because they hope to keep you below market value.

Looks like it's time for Roman to dust off the couple pages that have 3-4 WR sets in the playbook.

You mean create those pages?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cool, more reps for McDonald and Stevie Johnson...

Exactly what Kap needs in mini-camp, forced to use non-primary targets...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's just dumb. Obviously even the worst-paid NFL player is still extremely well compensated when compared to the average American. Even guys on the PS make good money on that scale.

I"m just trying to make a point... Vernon say's he wants to get paid... BROTHA is getting paid!!! 47 million dollar contract...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I"m just trying to make a point... Vernon say's he wants to get paid... BROTHA is getting paid!!! 47 million dollar contract...

I don't disagree with that at all. I just think the Walmart comparison is a bit silly as that could be said about anyone. Russell Wilson is grossly overpaid on his current contract if we compare it to working at Walmart.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that VD was making a statement about wanting a new contract by sitting out of the OTAs. I don't get him continuning a hold out with two more years on his contract. Vernon ,just get on the field and let the FO and your agent deal with negotiations. You aren't getting any younger.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't get anything from this. Hes definetely not impressing other teams by holding out. He should be focused on an extension instead.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, found it. Vernon Davis is delusional on a lot of levels (WTF was that Wilson stuff? He's crazy)

If I post something like this it is spot on, not going to just make something up about one of our star players

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with that at all. I just think the Walmart comparison is a bit silly as that could be said about anyone. Russell Wilson is grossly overpaid on his current contract if we compare it to working at Walmart.

Well right... But the point still remains... 1 outta 2 Americans is below the poverty line in the USA... Lot's of Walmart salaries out there as we speak... Obviously I"m exaggerating a bit compared to and NFL player but just making the point that he's BLESSED beyond words with his financial situation ... The man HAS been paid..

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well right... But the point still remains... 1 outta 2 Americans is below the poverty line in the USA... Lot's of Walmart salaries out there as we speak... Obviously I"m exaggerating a bit compared to and NFL player but just making the point that he's BLESSED beyond words with his financial situation ... The man HAS been paid..

Of course he is. That doesn't make Richard Sherman tell the Hawks to only pay him a million a year as that'd still have him in the 1%. And it doesn't make Vernon Davis happy with his $7 million+ a year.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vernon can go fuck himself.

boone i can see holding out. he's definately outplaying his contract.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him to Detroit for their first rd pick TE...

I luv My VD... so the above was serve only as a funny.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD proved one thing to people. That's he's a liar. Telling people he would show up. Then not doing so.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll be the second highest paid on the team for 2014. This is BS.