• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Akers

David Akers

• Total voters

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jikkle, but in professional sports your health doesn't generally improve with age... it is typically the complete opposite of that, and at 38-39 it is highly doubtful that he'd stay healthy. Of course there is a chance that he could stay healthy but I'd imagine the odds are much greater that he'll remain injured.

From what I understand it was from complications from double hernia surgery so if he can get that issue cleared up he should be fine.

The biggest issue with kickers as they age is they start to lose leg strength but like I said considering he booted a 63 yard one this season that's probably not an issue right now.

And I'm not suggesting we hand the job to Akers just that I hate to completely dump him without at least seeing if he can come back to 2011 form during training camp.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand it was from complications from double hernia surgery so if he can get that issue cleared up he should be fine.

The biggest issue with kickers as they age is they start to lose leg strength but like I said considering he booted a 63 yard one this season that's probably not an issue right now.

And I'm not suggesting we hand the job to Akers just that I hate to completely dump him without at least seeing if he can come back to 2011 form during training camp.

:nod:

For a kicker who is pushing 40 to be able to boot 2(?) 60+ yard FGs in one season - especially when 1 of said kicks is @ Green Bay - shows that Akers leg strength is still there, and I think he *can* bounce back, but the big question is whether the team gives him the chance, and if given a chance at redemption, does he redeem himself. Kicking in Sf if fucking hard, so there are really only a small number of kickers who can make the winds of Candlestick their bitch. Nedney did it, Akers did it (2011), but I can't remember many recent SF kickers outside those two who really were dominant/could kick their way out of a paper bag.

I remember in the NFCC game after Akers missed a kick they showed him sitting on the bench with no one around him except for Andy Lee.... and Andy Lee looked like he was gonna have to choke a bitch.

Andy Lee has never seemed to look happy any time I've ever seen him (that I remember.... I do drink 4 or so beers a game), but everyone I watched the NFCC with were talking about Andy Lee was distancing himself/looking like he wanted to beat the shit out of Akers after Akers missed his FG.

..... then I remember noticing Andy Lee looking scared shitless/worried when punting later n the game from the SF endzone cause of the pressure of not wanting to fuck up like Akers.... I fell over laughing when I saw Lee during that play. Thank God Andy Lee is a punting machine.

Last edited by a moderator: