• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Akers

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any kickers worth drafting? Don't we have a ton of late round picks that we could possibly use on a kicker if we can't package them to move up in the draft?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really nothing wrong with Akers, sure he is getting older but can't hold him to last year's standards where he hit probably 9 out of 10 tough kicks. No way he was going to keep that going.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akers is scaring me..... he was historic last year. But being close to a thief for us this year...(robbing us a game)

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Hopkins from FSU. He is accurate and has a big leg.
Correct on both accounts. But as a FSU fan that has watched most of his kicks over the years I would hate if Hopkins would become the 49ers kicker. It could be just me but he always seems to miss a field goal or two when you least expect it. I cringe or change the channel everytime he kicks

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't necessarily want us to sign anyone. I just want us to bring in a few kickers for workouts.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is never a kicker worth drafting.

Not usually, but he's right. A late rounder would be worth a good one. With our depth, there's not many positions a late rounder would stick at.

Correct on both accounts. But as a FSU fan that has watched most of his kicks over the years I would hate if Hopkins would become the 49ers kicker. It could be just me but he always seems to miss a field goal or two when you least expect it. I cringe or change the channel everytime he kicks

We do NOT need more of that.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not usually, but he's right. A late rounder would be worth a good one. With our depth, there's not many positions a late rounder would stick at.

Nope, a kicker is never worth drafting. What's the average draft position of the current kickers in the league? I'd rather got the Cam Johnson route and draft a guy that plays a position on offense or defense who shows some talent and develop him and sign a K in FA, undrafted or a veteran.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, a kicker is never worth drafting. What's the average draft position of the current kickers in the league? I'd rather got the Cam Johnson route and draft a guy that plays a position on offense or defense who shows some talent and develop him and sign a K in FA, undrafted or a veteran.

How many of those guys will beat out guys we have, even on the PS? Look at how many we cut this year and lost to other teams. With our 20 picks (hyperbole but we have a lot) one 7th could be spent on a kicker. Obviously, it depends on the other bodies there, but I think it's a reasonable price to pay.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How many of those guys will beat out guys we have, even on the PS? Look at how many we cut this year and lost to other teams. With our 20 picks (hyperbole but we have a lot) one 7th could be spent on a kicker. Obviously, it depends on the other bodies there, but I think it's a reasonable price to pay.

I'd much rather use our mid and late round picks to manipulate the draft and move up to get guys we target.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather use our mid and late round picks to manipulate the draft and move up to get guys we target.

I can agree with this, would just not say that's it's never worth it.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a article I posted in another Akers thread saying that his opportunites have demished because we are a better red zone offense this year then last. So alot of his kicks are of the longer variety then the chip shots of last year so his FGM % is down.

I did agree with the article but my knew problem is with the decision to kick 50+ FGs when it is clear that he is struggling. The way our defense has been playing lately I think I would rather pin them deep with Lee then attempt a 50+ FG.

Now if its under 50 we have to trust that he will make it and if we can't trust that we need to either replace him or just go for it if we are close to the 1st down.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do fans do their research before they start bashing players on their team

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, a kicker is never worth drafting. What's the average draft position of the current kickers in the league?

With that said, Janikowski ended being one of the Raiders better draft picks