• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Akers

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of our defense didn't show up for this game either mentally or physically. The Rams "O" dictated to our "D" pretty-much the entire game.

He's made several stupid penalties this year, just letting his emotions get the best of him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made several stupid penalties this year, just letting his emotions get the best of him.

Several? That may be a bit of an exaggeration - not that "emotional [stupid] penalties" are acceptable in any quantity and Goldson's yesterday certainly falls into the dipshit category.

Just for the sake of clarity, however, his penalty came on 1st down so it didn't extend the drive but it did put them into FG range.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several? That may be a bit of an exaggeration - not that "emotional [stupid] penalties" are acceptable in any quantity and Goldson's yesterday certainly falls into the dipshit category.

Just for the sake of clarity, however, his penalty came on 1st down so it didn't extend the drive but it did put them into FG range.

Some of them have been pure BS though, like getting penalized for talking shit to Lynch after a tackle for a loss... IN CANDLESTICK. That still pisses me off, what he did there was the same as that guy standing over Smith after he drilled him on that run to the left sideline. This is the NFL, they talk shit after big hits.

Plus, Goldson draws a lot of BS illegal hits to the helmet when replays typically show him hitting the guy cleanly pad-to-pad.

He does dumb stuff of course, but I don't like him getting a bad reputation for the penalties I just mentioned.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Just to put a number on it. Goldson has been flagged 4 times this season.

Ahmad Brooks - 4 penalties (1 of which was declined)
Aldon Smith - 4
Carlos Rogers - 4
Dashon Goldson - 4
Tarell Brown - 3 (1)
Ray McDonald - 3
Chris Culliver - 2
Patrick Willis - 1
Perrish Cox - 1
Donte Whitner - 0
NaVorro Bowman - 0
Justin Smith - 0
Isaac Sopoaga - 0
Ricky Jean-Francois - 0
Demarcus Dobbs - 0
Will Tukuafu - 0
Ian Williams - 0
Clark Haggans - 0
Larry Grant - 0
Eric Bakhtiari - 0
Tavares Gooden - 0
Darcell McBath - 0
C.J. Spillman - 0
Tramaine Brock - 0

26 penalties (2 declined)

----

Alex Smith - 4
Joe Staley - 4
Mike Iupati - 4
Delanie Walker - 3
Anthony Davis - 2
Jonathan Goodwin - 2
Frank Gore - 2
Alex Boone - 1
Kyle Williams - 1
Leonard Davis - 1
Garrett Celek - 1
Will Tukuafu - 1 (has 0 penalties on defense)
Vernon Davis - 0
Michael Crabtree - 0
Mario Manningham - 0
Randy Moss - 0
Bruce Miller - 0
Colin Kaepernick - 0
Ted Ginn - 0
Demarcus Dobbs - 0
Daniel Kilgore - 0
Kendall Hunter - 0
Anthony Dixon - 0

26 penalties (0 declined)

52 total penalties (2 declined - both on the defense). 26 for each side.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to put a number on it. Goldson has been flagged 4 times this season.

Ahmad Brooks - 4 penalties (1 of which was declined)
Aldon Smith - 4
Carlos Rogers - 4
Dashon Goldson - 4
Tarell Brown - 3 (1)
Ray McDonald - 3
Chris Culliver - 2
Patrick Willis - 1
Perrish Cox - 1
Donte Whitner - 0
NaVorro Bowman - 0
Justin Smith - 0
Isaac Sopoaga - 0
Ricky Jean-Francois - 0
Demarcus Dobbs - 0
Will Tukuafu - 0
Ian Williams - 0
Clark Haggans - 0
Larry Grant - 0
Eric Bakhtiari - 0
Tavares Gooden - 0
Darcell McBath - 0
C.J. Spillman - 0
Tramaine Brock - 0

26 penalties (2 declined)

----

Alex Smith - 4
Joe Staley - 4
Mike Iupati - 4
Delanie Walker - 3
Anthony Davis - 2
Jonathan Goodwin - 2
Frank Gore - 2
Alex Boone - 1
Kyle Williams - 1
Leonard Davis - 1
Garrett Celek - 1
Will Tukuafu - 1 (has 0 penalties on defense)
Vernon Davis - 0
Michael Crabtree - 0
Mario Manningham - 0
Randy Moss - 0
Bruce Miller - 0
Colin Kaepernick - 0
Ted Ginn - 0
Demarcus Dobbs - 0
Daniel Kilgore - 0
Kendall Hunter - 0
Anthony Dixon - 0

26 penalties (0 declined)

52 total penalties (2 declined - both on the defense). 26 for each side.

Are those personal fouls?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't even have to look into the thread to know who you were talking about. He's a fuckin' idiot.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are those personal fouls?

For Goldson? Those are all total penalties for the season. It just so happens that all of Goldson's penalties this season are of the personal foul variety.

2 unnecessary roughness calls vs. Minnesota. Both came on the same drive, which Minnesota ended up scoring on (2-yard TD pass to Kyle Rudolph). More on Goldson's reaction to one: 49ers get extra timeouts, Goldson disputes roughness call

1 unsportsmanlike conduct vs. Seattle on their first drive of the game. Called for jawing off to Lynch after tackling him on a run play. Harbaugh on that call: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Harbaugh questions physical play by Seattle cornerbacks

1 unsportsmanlike conduct vs. St. Louis in the middle of their 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter. Called for removing his helmet.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good seeing him miss these.

But I think he can shake it off and get back on track

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Goldson? Those are all total penalties for the season. It just so happens that all of Goldson's penalties this season are of the personal foul variety.

2 unnecessary roughness calls vs. Minnesota. Both came on the same drive, which Minnesota ended up scoring on (2-yard TD pass to Kyle Rudolph). More on Goldson's reaction to one: 49ers get extra timeouts, Goldson disputes roughness call

1 unsportsmanlike conduct vs. Seattle on their first drive of the game. Called for jawing off to Lynch after tackling him on a run play. Harbaugh on that call: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Harbaugh questions physical play by Seattle cornerbacks

1 unsportsmanlike conduct vs. St. Louis in the middle of their 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter. Called for removing his helmet.

Wow, Chris, Yeoman's effort on the research - Well Done!! I completely forgot about the Minnesota fouls - I agree with Dashon on the second PF on the drive, which was unquestionably a bad call. Nevertheless, even 3 PF's seems like a lot. I wonder how it compares to the league average for safeties. (No, please don't research that ;) )

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I blame Goldson for taking his helmet off and extending the Rams drive that they scored a FG on.

They need a baby sitter out there to watch him, play is over have Sopoaga go sit on Goldson; don't let him do anything stupid.

I like using Sop for that. At least then he's doing something.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, Chris, Yeoman's effort on the research - Well Done!! I completely forgot about the Minnesota fouls - I agree with Dashon on the second PF on the drive, which was unquestionably a bad call. Nevertheless, even 3 PF's seems like a lot. I wonder how it compares to the league average for safeties. (No, please don't research that ;) )

I'm not curious enough to go look considering the time it would take. But it did make me curious to see where Goldson ranks among safeties for total penalties, whether they are of the personal foul variety or not.

He's tied for the league lead for most penalties by a safety. My guess is that he's probably the leader for most personal foul penalties by a safety as well. At the very least he is in a tie for that title as well.

Most penalties by NFL safeties so far this season

Charles Woodson - 4 (1 of which was declined)
LaRon Landry - 4 (1)
Dashon Goldson - 4
Bernard Pollard - 4
Malcolm Jenkins - 4
Michael Griffin - 4
Ronde Barber - 3
Roman Harper - 3
Patrick Chung - 2 (1)
Ryan Clark - 2
Kam Chancellor - 2
Rahim Moore - 2
Ed Reed - 2
Tyvon Branch - 2
Madieu Williams - 2
Dawan Landry - 2
Harrison Smith - 2
Yeremiah Bell - 2
DeJon Gomes - 2
Eric Berry - 2
Charles Godfrey - 2

Those are all the players that have had more than 1 penalty this season. Another 33 safeties have one penalty exactly called against them this season.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Goldson is concerned, last year he had some dumb personal fouls as well. But the one vs Seahawks I am not going to fault him for that. That is just something guys do. On the scramble when smith got hit hard vs the Rams, Dunbar stood over him yelling shit. That pissed me off, for one because you are talking to a QB (who was diving by the way) It wasn't exactly Frank Gore coming at him. And he didn't get a penalty when Goldson did for the same thing.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya this is not good coming into the playoff run and playoffs

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's going through a phase. Eventually he'll regain his 2011 form at some point in December

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted to give akers the benefit of the doubt after his first few misses, but he has forced me to accept that last year was a fluke. Pozz was right to maintain his fear of him.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going through a phase. Eventually he'll regain his 2011 form at some point in December

I think he can.

I sure hope so anyways lol

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbs is going to be consistent, he brings someone in for a look. He did it at QB. Why exclude other positions?