• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Akers

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since Week 2 Akers is 3 of 9 on kicks beyond 40 yards. Every loss we have incurred this season included missed field goals by Akers. In each instance his misses played major factors in the losses. My opinion, Akers has has not earned much more confidence. He did this in Philly. The 49ers ought to be in the market for a kicker in the draft and at the very least should work out a kicker or two this week.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:tinfoil3: Not his fault. Pozz has been jinxing him since last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^lol

Once that STL kicker is a FA, we'll get him! then we'll have the greatest kicker duos in the history of the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Akers. The guy's one of the best and obviously has great range. He did make the kick to send us into OT, so I don't doubt his nerves. My guess is that he just made some mechanical error on the 41-yarder.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eagles and Rams got two pretty good rookie kickers in this past draft. FSU has Hopkins. He's pretty good but, he tends to miss some easy ones as well. Kinda frustrating to watch at times. The Rams kicker, Zuerlien whatever his name is...he's a stud. With so many draft picks, I'm sure we're going to bring in someone to compete with Akers next year.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles and Rams got two pretty good rookie kickers in this past draft. FSU has Hopkins. He's pretty good but, he tends to miss some easy ones as well. Kinda frustrating to watch at times. The Rams kicker, Zuerlien whatever his name is...he's a stud. With so many draft picks, I'm sure we're going to bring in someone to compete with Akers next year.

Bingo I would be extremely nervous if we drafted Hopkins. He has a strong leg and overall pretty accurate but I donno every time I watch him kick I feel like he is going to miss.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo I would be extremely nervous if we drafted Hopkins. He has a strong leg and overall pretty accurate but I donno every time I watch him kick I feel like he is going to miss.

Yeah man. Hopkins has a leg on him but he seems to lose concentration at times. I wouldn't spend more then a 5th round though on any kicker. Not even sure if I would even spend a 5th, and the reason I say that is because we have so many picks to use anyway so I was thinking why not?!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Akers was very clutch last year, despite being only ok as far as accuracy goes. This year he's been missing kicks he needs to make. Can't blame him for the loss given how the rest of the team played, but he did prevent us from winning with that miss. I agree that we could certainly use some competition for him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Week 2 Akers is 3 of 9 on kicks beyond 40 yards. Every loss we have incurred this season included missed field goals by Akers. In each instance his misses played major factors in the losses. My opinion, Akers has has not earned much more confidence. He did this in Philly. The 49ers ought to be in the market for a kicker in the draft and at the very least should work out a kicker or two this week.

What Akers did yesterday was the very reason they ran him out of Philly. He should have made the kick but never should have been in that position in the first place had the coaches done something to try and stop Amendola instead of leaving a clearly over-matched Carlos rogers to try and defend him alone. Akers has been money since he came to the 49ers so he gets a pass from me for yesterday but a short leash. The blame for this fiasco goes to harbaugh and the staff for an extremely poor coaching performance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What Akers did yesterday was the very reason they ran him out of Philly. He should have made the kick but never should have been in that position in the first place had the coaches done something to try and stop Amendola instead of leaving a clearly over-matched Carlos rogers to try and defend him alone. Akers has been money since he came to the 49ers so he gets a pass from me for yesterday but a short leash. The blame for this fiasco goes to harbaugh and the staff for an extremely poor coaching performance.

I don't think that's entirely true. He was money last year but he has become shaky as of late.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be surprised if he's on the team next year. His cap number will be 3.6 M, with 3M of that in base salary. Cutting Akers opens up 3M in cap room. We can bring in a young kicker for under 1M per year that can give us what Akers gives us and still pocket about 2M in cap space to go toward Goldson or Sop (hopefully not) or a FA.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if he's on the team next year. His cap number will be 3.6 M, with 3M of that in base salary. Cutting Akers opens up 3M in cap room. We can bring in a young kicker for under 1M per year that can give us what Akers gives us and still pocket about 2M in cap space to go toward Goldson or Sop (hopefully not) or a FA.

This

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I'm back in Oregon I have to say it: I miss Jose Cortez /sarcasm

As far as kicking field goals that guy was terrible... but do you remember how fast he would run down the field to make a tackle? There were times he would be the first guy to make a hit. Always liked watching that.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was the name of the kicker we had during the preseason? the one "competiting" with Akers.

He wasn't too bad...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

either akers is having a bad string of games or his leg is getting old. either way i agree, he won't be around at his cap # unless he gets back to last seasons form quickly.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what was the name of the kicker we had during the preseason? the one "competiting" with Akers.

He wasn't too bad...

Giorgio Tavecchio. From California. Originally from Milan, Italy. :) He only kicked 1 FG, though. A 20-something yarder. 28-29 maybe?

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akers was very clutch last year, despite being only ok as far as accuracy goes. This year he's been missing kicks he needs to make. Can't blame him for the loss given how the rest of the team played, but he did prevent us from winning with that miss. I agree that we could certainly use some competition for him.

I blame Goldson for taking his helmet off and extending the Rams drive that they scored a FG on.

They need a baby sitter out there to watch him, play is over have Sopoaga go sit on Goldson; don't let him do anything stupid.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Goldson for taking his helmet off and extending the Rams drive that they scored a FG on.

They need a baby sitter out there to watch him, play is over have Sopoaga go sit on Goldson; don't let him do anything stupid.

Most of our defense didn't show up for this game either mentally or physically. The Rams "O" dictated to our "D" pretty-much the entire game.