• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darren Waller retires

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a nice defense now they should have kept Carr. That was some dumb shit.
Carr isn’t very good - the Raiders would never go on a playoff run with Carr, at best they might get a Wild Card spot and then lose immediately, so why keep him? Carr is the definition of mediocre. They needed to move on from him - I’m not sure what to make of Aidan O’Connell yet but they needed a fresh start.
The Raiders have had awful drafts for the most part lately which is the main thing that has kept them from being good. I could see them contending for a Wild Card spot this year if the QB play is decent - O’Connell has potential IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr isn’t very good - the Raiders would never go on a playoff run with Carr, at best they might get a Wild Card spot and then lose immediately, so why keep him? Carr is the definition of mediocre. They needed to move on from him - I’m not sure what to make of Aidan O’Connell yet but they needed a fresh start.
The Raiders have had awful drafts for the most part lately which is the main thing that has kept them from being good. I could see them contending for a Wild Card spot this year if the QB play is decent - O’Connell has potential IMO.
Carr's whole career they made terrible draft picks. They finally hit on a couple and get rid of him. They have a coach and a defense. They are the worst team in the league at QB. Last year too.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr's whole career they made terrible draft picks. They finally hit on a couple and get rid of him. They have a coach and a defense. They are the worst team in the league at QB. Last year too.
They were not worse at QB than the Falcons or the Bears last year IMO. And who knows how the QB play will be this year but I think the Broncos, Giants and Vikings have worse situations at QB going into the year than the Raiders for sure.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants trading a third round pick for Waller looks pretty insane in hindsight of course. I am not sure what in the world they were thinking. I guess they thought they were close to breaking through and making a title run? :L
I was pretty pissed when we traded him but in hindsight that trade looks great now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had Carr last season?

We win 10- 11 games....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not as good as Carr.

Very confident about that.

The Raiders are tards.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were not worse at QB than the Falcons or the Bears last year IMO. And who knows how the QB play will be this year but I think the Broncos, Giants and Vikings have worse situations at QB going into the year than the Raiders for sure.
Minshew kept Indy in the playoff chase last season....we could have done better at QB but he isn't that bad with the defense and WR's and TE's we have.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not as good as Carr.

Very confident about that.

The Raiders are tards.
I’m not sure if he is or not yet, but Carr was never going to lead the Raiders anywhere. The Raiders have made some stupid decisions in recent years but getting rid of Carr wasn’t one of them IMO, Carr is the epitome of mediocre.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure if he is or not yet, but Carr was never going to lead the Raiders anywhere. The Raiders have made some stupid decisions in recent years but getting rid of Carr wasn’t one of them IMO, Carr is the epitome of mediocre.
If MCDaniels didn't have an ego (like Payton in Denver) the Raiders would have been a playoff team last season.

Jimmy G was garbage and AOC wasn't ready to play.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre > shitty

People seem to confuse the two sometimes.

Cousins coming off a blown Achilles is prolly not going to be anything better than mediocre. But mediocre will be a helluva lot better than what you’ve had.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels thinks he can turn Uncle Rico into a Pro Bowl QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these teams added 1st round QBs or the top FA QB.

Raiders added a journeyman backup. Minshew is a good backup. Drew Lock is even a decent backup.

If they had Carr they are a playoff team.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these teams added 1st round QBs or the top FA QB.

Raiders added a journeyman backup. Minshew is a good backup. Drew Lock is even a decent backup.

If they had Carr they are a playoff team.
I don’t agree, Carr has been to the playoffs twice in his 10 year career, the Raiders have just as good a shot with Minshew/O’Connell as they would with Carr - Carr isn’t that good, everybody thought the Saints would win the NFC South last year because they got Carr and they didn’t - Carr is very mediocre.

And I would take the Raiders QB situation over the Broncos, Vikings or Giants. I don’t think Bo Nix or especially JJ McCarthy are NFL ready, and the rest of the QBs on those rosters are garbage.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its that cut and dry.

The year the Raiders got rid of Carr he was 15th in passing yards per game, 24th in QB rating 18th in YPA. They had Josh Jacobs at RB. Davante Adams at WR. Kolton Miller at LT (respectable), Hunter Refrow, Darren Waller for a few games. Carr played his way out.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr was mediocre, but he wasn't terrible value for money. There was certainly an argument for retaining him, or at least trying to renegotiate his contract. Carr is better than the likes of Garoppolo, Minshew, or Mayfield. Dumping Carr and then having lesser options at QB for 2 seasons isn't a good look, (although the salary/cap savings should help).

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr was mediocre, but he wasn't terrible value for money. There was certainly an argument for retaining him, or at least trying to renegotiate his contract. Carr is better than the likes of Garoppolo, Minshew, or Mayfield. Dumping Carr and then having lesser options at QB for 2 seasons isn't a good look, (although the salary/cap savings should help).
Did you mean to say O’Connell instead of Mayfield? Because I think Baker Mayfield is better than Carr - he led the Bucs to a division title in his first year as a starter in Tampa, beating out Carr’s Saints for the playoff spot, Mayfield is a good QB who gets unfairly bashed because things didn’t work out in Cleveland for him.

Jimmy G has started the Super Bowl once and the NFC Title Game twice, yes he had a lot more talent around him than Carr but still winning playoff games counts for something and Carr has never done that.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean to say O’Connell instead of Mayfield? Because I think Baker Mayfield is better than Carr - he led the Bucs to a division title in his first year as a starter in Tampa, beating out Carr’s Saints for the playoff spot, Mayfield is a good QB who gets unfairly bashed because things didn’t work out in Cleveland for him.

Jimmy G has started the Super Bowl once and the NFC Title Game twice, yes he had a lot more talent around him than Carr but still winning playoff games counts for something and Carr has never done that.
No. I meant to say Mayfield because i've made it clear on this forum how I feel about Mayfield and his contract is now on a level with Carr. They have similar ceilings but Carr has a much higher floor. Mayfield's weaknesses also showed in Carolina and Los Angeles. He's not a terrible QB. I'm not sure how O'Connell will pan out. I've seen good and bad. I suspect he'll be a back-up level QB who'll have some hot streaks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree, Carr has been to the playoffs twice in his 10 year career, the Raiders have just as good a shot with Minshew/O’Connell as they would with Carr - Carr isn’t that good, everybody thought the Saints would win the NFC South last year because they got Carr and they didn’t - Carr is very mediocre.

And I would take the Raiders QB situation over the Broncos, Vikings or Giants. I don’t think Bo Nix or especially JJ McCarthy are NFL ready, and the rest of the QBs on those rosters are garbage.
McCarthy and Nix are big time prospects. You are so over the place. The Raiders have already ruined their season because of what they've done at QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre > shitty

People seem to confuse the two sometimes.

Cousins coming off a blown Achilles is prolly not going to be anything better than mediocre. But mediocre will be a helluva lot better than what you’ve had.
That contract ,
Coming off an achilles, on his plant foot, with his age, and a new team…is quite the risk