• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darnell Mooney, WR @ #173

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Most people agree Kmet's ceiling is he'll be a good TE, not a great one. If you compare Kmet to say Hockenson (1st TE taken by Lions last year). Hockenson grades much much higher and even he didn't do squat his rookie year arguably with even a better QB.
The difference is in the system. I mentioned earlier, but expect the Bears to run a LOT... I mean A Shit ton more 2 TE sets this year. Bears were dead last in the league in 2 TE sets last season. Care to guess who was in the top 2-3? They won a SuperBowl. It is the Nagy way, the system he prefers to run out of, pass out of and the system he could not due last year due to injury (glass TE's in Sheheen and Leghurten).

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is in the system. I mentioned earlier, but expect the Bears to run a LOT... I mean A Shit ton more 2 TE sets this year. Bears were dead last in the league in 2 TE sets last season. Care to guess who was in the top 2-3? They won a SuperBowl. It is the Nagy way, the system he prefers to run out of, pass out of and the system he could not due last year due to injury (glass TE's in Sheheen and Leghurten).

Yeah but even in the best situation...expecting a rookie TE, especially one expected to be #2 on the depth chart, is asking a lot.

I can see him catches a couple passes a game here and there and seeing action in the red zone but overall his first year impact will be small.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but even in the best situation...expecting a rookie TE, especially one expected to be #2 on the depth chart, is asking a lot.

I can see him catches a couple passes a game here and there and seeing action in the red zone but overall his first year impact will be small.
I agree. Harris, that blocking TE, will definitely see playtime. He has system knowledge and Veteran understanding and ability.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC also damn near shared our pass/run ratio, though. They actually threw the ball 1.1% more.

This offense is not designed to be run heavy. I believe that you're correct about him wanting to run two TE sets more than he does. Just not really in order to run. Your top two TE's in this system are supposed be good receivers for a reason.

When Nagy runs. He wants to do it with the field spread out and using a lot of RPO.