• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darnell Mooney, WR @ #173

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but the veterans they picked are serviceable, only. Maybe that is an improvement. I'm more thinking Bars is better than we know.

I was more speaking why we didnt draft any.......
I was totally wanting to draft an olineman for the longest time.......But when we signed Ifedi,it was kinda like Pace was settling for freeagent signings to fill the need........(drawing a blank on the other lineman qwe signed)

And Im still shocked we went a long time to get wr.........

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was totally wanting to draft an olineman for the longest time.......But when we signed Ifedi,it was kinda like Pace was settling for freeagent signings to fill the need........(drawing a blank on the other lineman qwe signed)

The disciples of Andy Reid that are notable right now (Pederson and Reich) like to use plenty of two tight end sets. In Philly it's Ertz/Goedert and in Indy it was Doyle/Ebron. That's probably why we went Kmet over another wideout.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved our draft. Our biggest need was TE and we got the best one there. Then we got a starting CB. Very very happy. I never expected us to address all our needs in one partial draft. The Olinemen left on the board when we picked were very much rated lower then the players we got. BPA. I would have liked two good oline guys over our picks but they were not there so we fixed other area's.

Better coaching and scheme will put the oline back to average and the guys we picked up are quality backups with the potential to start. Both young and both know this is their second shot at becoming the players there were expected to be.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te was not a pressing need.....We really didnt need Kmet at that point......

Imo,wr and db were bigger needs at 43.....Even though we got a db 50,we couldve had a better one at 43 and still got a damn good wr at 50.....

He couldve placed his picks in better places.....

Not sure how to explain it any better........Just not feeling it......Glad you guys are happier about it than I....

Our leading TE had 95 yards receiving last year.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but the Bears did grab the type of Wr they needed. Granted his tape, like all "highlight" tape is impressive, he did not play with a particularly good QB. You know what? He will feel right at home.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have very little doubt our oline will be improved internally this season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went from a strength to a weakness in one season.'

I would say scheme and poor QB play attributed to their rapid decline more than them just randomly declining.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh it has sunken in......Its just mind boggling........

This is why I couldnt believe that BS didnt think te was a needed position......

But as I said before,with the addition of JG,I didnt think that te was a real need with our first pick or 2nd pick.......I was thinking that db-oline and wr were above te......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet by some miracle, we only had the second worst production in the league from the TE position. Incredibly, Pittsburgh somehow managed to do worse than us. I would have never believed it if they hadn't show this about 500 times during the draft telecast.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a day after allowing the draft to sink in, I'm warming up a bit more to Pace taking Mooney, at least relative to how I felt at the time of his selection. He just might turn out to be our sleeper pick of the group. Of course, I'm basing this primarily on wishful thinking.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet by some miracle, we only had the second worst production in the league from the TE position. Incredibly, Pittsburgh somehow managed to do worse than us. I would have never believed it if they hadn't show this about 500 times during the draft telecast.

Which is exactly what would of happened to any team had their starting TE got injured and their up in coming TE is a bust. I'm not saying a TE should be absent from the roster (obviously), just that the position itself isn't important comparatively to every other position of need, specifically trench positions like oline.

Not to bust anyone's bubble here but there is very little chance Kmet will make any kind of impact as a rookie. So we just drafted with our top pick (if all things stay equal), a guy that won't help us much next year. Instead of say a S or a oline who both would have made immediate significant impact.

It's a copy cat league and everyone has TE fever and everyone wants the next Kelce/Andrews/Kittle/Ertz. Next it'll be a stud punter some team has and everyone here will be screamer to grab a stud punter.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i see are dumb lemmings.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to bust anyone's bubble here but there is very little chance Kmet will make any kind of impact as a rookie. So we just drafted with our top pick (if all things stay equal), a guy that won't help us much next year.

Not only does everyone here agree with you. It's already been said a multitude of times.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only does everyone here agree with you. It's already been said a multitude of times.
No, everyone does not agree. I think Kmet will have an impact. I think we are vastly overrating the talent of our current crop of TEs. Just by default he should have an early impact within the position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone does not agree. I think Kmet will have an impact. I think we are vastly overrating the talent of our current crop of TEs. Just by default he should have an early impact within the position.

Even in advantageous situations. Rookie TE's rarely put together a legitimate season's worth of numbers. He's going to be a rookie AND he will be in a secondary role. If he winds up with 600-700 yards with 4-6 TD's he might just be a damn phenom. lol

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More ruffage in their diets? Perhaps some Probiotics?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in advantageous situations. Rookie TE's rarely put together a legitimate season's worth of numbers. He's going to be a rookie AND he will be in a secondary role. If he winds up with 600-700 yards with 4-6 TD's he might just be a damn phenom. lol
As I've already stated, I'm definitely in the main frame of thinking that Kmet will not produce starter numbers. What I said and what I'm sticking with is Nagy will come up with some packages which will include the kid. What will it produce? No real idea in predictable numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's good for 30-40 targets, with maybe half to two thirds of those turning into completions.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct. Most people agree Kmet's ceiling is he'll be a good TE, not a great one. If you compare Kmet to say Hockenson (1st TE taken by Lions last year). Hockenson grades much much higher and even he didn't do squat his rookie year arguably with even a better QB.