• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dark Horse

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every year there is that one player on the team that was either a back up or even on the practice squad that seems to find a way to emerge into a very good player for our team.

2015--Paradis became a decent Center
Shaq Barrett maybe outplayed our 1st round pick

2014--Brandon Marshall

2013--Chris Clark, Terrance Knighton

2012--Chris Harris

So who do you think is the guy on our roster this year that could really emerge into something nobody expected.

Mine is Kenny Anunike. I went to training camp last year and this kid was truly unblockable. He looked explosive playing against 1st-3rd string offense. Didn't seem like anybody on our OL could hold up against him. If he can stay healthy he could be who we use to replace Malik and then get a draft pick to add to the rotation.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z Anderson ..

We have 2 IMO that will shine from the practice Squad

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Davis.

This is one that I keep hearing the team is really excited about his play. I've seen flashes of it but I just think his coverage skills need a huge boost this off season. Which hey crazier things have happened. I do love him in the run game though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Jeffey Boy - Jeff Heuerman, but it may be Trevor Siemian. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anunike is a great choice ..

But I'm going offense with Jordan Taylor and Bennie Fowler

Ming might be right on with Heuerman

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anunike is a great choice, but doesn't he have to show he can play without injury first?

I Like Taylor and Fowler - but they have some bodies to climb over to get to a prominent role - there would have to be an injury to DT or Sanders.

Meanwhile - the Broncos go through TEs under Kubiak like the Broncos front office goes through a 12 pack.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all picks but Mingo best. Mine is Bibbs. :) They've been saving him for a reason. Hillman was doing well enough and cost too much money to unseat him. This year.....Bibbs is going to make some noise this year. Huerman is also going to kick some major ass too. Denver will repeat! :)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'll go with Juwan Thompson -- for the third year in a row.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one that I keep hearing the team is really excited about his play. I've seen flashes of it but I just think his coverage skills need a huge boost this off season. Which hey crazier things have happened. I do love him in the run game though.

Yeah they really rave about Todd Davis during the course of a week in practice. I still haven't been over impressed when he has had the shot in games, but something has to be going right for when when two different coaching staffs rave about him. Maybe he balls out this year.

I nearly said Corey Nelson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they really rave about Todd Davis during the course of a week in practice. I still haven't been over impressed when he has had the shot in games, but something has to be going right for when when two different coaching staffs rave about him. Maybe he balls out this year.

I nearly said Corey Nelson.

See that is who to me replaces Trevathan this year. Nelson has actually impressed me on the field. His coverage skills I would say in the few times I saw him were right there with what Trevathan was doing. Needs to add some weight and improve on his run stopping but he would be my 3rd down Linebacker next to Marshall.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anunike is a great choice, but doesn't he have to show he can play without injury first?

I Like Taylor and Fowler - but they have some bodies to climb over to get to a prominent role - there would have to be an injury to DT or Sanders.

Meanwhile - the Broncos go through TEs under Kubiak like the Broncos front office goes through a 12 pack.

Well that is part of the darkhorse idea is mayber somebody that has been injury prone but has shown some promise. Maybe they finally have a healthy season and really show it on th field. You could say that about Wolfe this year in his rookie year he showed some promise. Then really decline year 2 in my opinion and year 3 was injured for most of it. So then year 4 when he was starting to look like a bust all of a sudden showed up in a big way.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is part of the darkhorse idea is mayber somebody that has been injury prone but has shown some promise. Maybe they finally have a healthy season and really show it on th field. You could say that about Wolfe this year in his rookie year he showed some promise. Then really decline year 2 in my opinion and year 3 was injured for most of it. So then year 4 when he was starting to look like a bust all of a sudden showed up in a big way.

Yeah but, we are talking about a guy who can't get out of training camp. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Mingo on Anunike Just got this feeling his knee may never be right. Seems like a Chris Young/Quinton Carter type where he is good, but always a bummed knee. Right now I feel like he is just a bonus so no harm done if he doesn't pan out for us, but I hope for his sake he can get healthy. Just reminds me all too much of a lot of young players who are bothered by knee injuries and can never overcome them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and agree with you @cdumler7 on Corey Nelson. I am very high on him. He runs well too. Doesn't miss tackles. Just needs to go up a notch to that next level and I think he can do that this year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Siemian that woulb
and agree with you @cdumler7 on Corey Nelson. I am very high on him. He runs well too. Doesn't miss tackles. Just needs to go up a notch to that next level and I think he can do that this year.

Top notch human . I will be pulling for him .. He is not as physical as Danny ..Lets hope he is really hitting the weights

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part is true. He reminds me a lot of Trevathan in the way he runs and doesn't miss tackles, but Trevathan is much more physical. Imma miss Trevathan. A guy who I thought was way undervalued in the draft because of his size. He tackled EVERYTHING in college. He was a beast at Kentucky. Reminded me of Zach Thomas in college and both had nice NFL careers. Or in Trev's case is having a nice NFL career.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part is true. He reminds me a lot of Trevathan in the way he runs and doesn't miss tackles, but Trevathan is much more physical. Imma miss Trevathan. A guy who I thought was way undervalued in the draft because of his size. He tackled EVERYTHING in college. He was a beast at Kentucky. Reminded me of Zach Thomas in college and both had nice NFL careers. Or in Trev's case is having a nice NFL career.
Scooby Wright will help ease that pain if he plays in the NFL like he did for Arizona.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby Wright will help ease that pain if he plays in the NFL like he did for Arizona.

Man is his stock falling quick after a bad combine. Really hoping we can get him in later rounds as Elway has shown he likes production much more than potential. Almost every guy he has drafted has had huge college production. I would say Julius Thomas was the one guy who didn't.