• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dantonio suspends Spartan captain Max Bullough

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW....the biggest game of Max's career, the frickin Rose Bowl!

The Spartans flew out to California Wednesday night...I wonder what Max did wrong? Did he show up for the flight intoxicated...or did he grab a flight attendants ass as she was walking down the cabin aisle...or did he try to sneak something illegal in his carry-on bag?.....hmmm???

Ya gotta hand it to Dantonio.....he runs a tight ship, and expects his guys to behave in an exemplary manner.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW....the biggest game of Max's career, the frickin Rose Bowl!

The Spartans flew out to California Wednesday night...I wonder what Max did wrong? Did he show up for the flight intoxicated...or did he grab a flight attendants ass as she was walking down the cabin aisle...or did he try to sneak something illegal in his carry-on bag?.....hmmm???

Ya gotta hand it to Dantonio.....he runs a tight ship, and expects his guys to behave in an exemplary manner.

Max didn't get to go with the team to California, they left him at home. on the MSU boards they think Max must have done something really bad. Keep in mind, that before the 2011 season, Max was arrested, jailed and given 9 months of criminal probation....and Dantonio didn't suspend him a single game for that.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max's back-up is listed as 5th-year senior Kyler Elsworth. Here is what SpartanNation.com wrote about him:

In the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
TCU had a 3rd and 18 in the 4th quarter at
their own 33 with :36 left in the game.
Elsworth made a read on a play that wasn’t
even meant for him. He saw it, accelerated,
and made an awesome textbook NFL open
field tackle. Because he was a walk on
people have called him the MSU version of
Rudy. I disagree on only one point. Elsworth
is loved by his teammates and coaches, and
he has TALENT!
He just makes plays. He isn’t sexy in doing
it, he just does it. He is a blue collar,
hardworking player that fits completely in the
mold of the State of Michigan. He may not
have sizzle, but the young man is all steak.
A true warrior that has no clue what taking
off a play means. He goes at it all the time
110%.
The greatest racing horse of
all time was Secretariat. Most people are not
aware (I am a horse guy so I know these
obscure things) that his heart was nearly
three times the size of an average horse.
I have no doubt that if an exam was
performed on Elsworth you would see the
same thing. His heart is bigger than normal.
I have never seen him take a play off, a rep
in practice off, or doing anything halfway.
Coaches clamor for players that give them
everything and he does. If you looked up the
word Spartan, or effort in the dictionary you
would see his picture.
Elsworth will not see his name hung on the
fascia of Spartan Stadium one day, but if
they ever recast the bronze Spartan statue of
Sparty that greets visitors to campus or
salutes people entering the stadium press
box, they should make it of him. I have been
around MSU athletics for over 40 years. I
have never seen one player give 110% all of
the time like him on and off the field. He is
Sparty. On and off the field, Elsworth is
everything that you want from a college
athlete, a young man, a son, brother, or
teammate.
Keep your eyes on the field for #41. All he
does it make plays and represent the Spartan
Nation on and off the field like a champion.
He may not be the greatest player of all time
in MSU history, but he may just be the
greatest Spartan of all time in any sport.
The pride of Goodrich, Michigan, would say
‘aw shucks’ to this praise and try to deflect
it on to his team. His teammates and
coaches would push it right back. Parents
like me who want their kids to look up to
great young men as role models need look
no further. The average fan does not get the
time to spend around these athletes as I do,
it is a shame. I wish the entire Spartan
Nation knew Elsworth. Problem is, he would
probably be helping old ladies across the
street while everyone was looking for him. He
is the real deal.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Spartan LB coach Mike Tressel going to use at middle line backer for the Rose Bowl?.....possibly Ed Davis or Max's younger brother Riley Bullough?

edit------tshirt, I see you just posted some info as I was typing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secretariat. Most people are not
aware ... that his heart was nearly
three times the size of an average... .

you misspelled A-p-p-l-e-w-h-i-t-e

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is one of two MSU seniors that start at LB, the other is Denicos Allen. Both are projected to go in the 5th Round. This is what the MSU LB coach said in his press conference the week of Senior Day when asked what it is like to be losing four senior LBs:

"It's a hit, there's no doubt about it,'' Tressel
said. "Max Bullough and Denicos Allen, right off
the bat. Those guys have made a ton of plays
and have given a ton of leadership to this defense
over the past bunch of years.''

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean players outside the SEC get suspended too.

shocked.jpg

Shocking

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to look and see who I took in my pick'ems.
If I took MSU, do I change it to Stanford?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean players outside the SEC get suspended too.

View attachment 7999

Shocking

No it's just a figment of your imagination.

There is no spoon.

photo_movieMatrix-quoteSpoon.jpeg

I'm really curious on what he did.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jailers should have thrown away the key.

Max didn't get to go with the team to California, they left him at home. on the MSU boards they think Max must have done something really bad. Keep in mind, that before the 2011 season, Max was arrested, jailed and given 9 months of criminal probation....and Dantonio didn't suspend him a single game for that.

yes...criminally underage in Aspen, Colorado during a ski trip...had (gasp) a beer.

I'd not doubt the kid's on suicide watch right now. What a fucking rotten ass shame. Totally blows.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama suspended two players just the other day, but it was barely news since this is common for Saban to do this time of year. Seems like he suspends one or two every year for some reason, maybe Dantonio is starting to become like Saban finally:lol:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB is amazingly arrogant in interviews. He's had various issues in the past as well. Not sure what it was that cost him his chance to play in the Rose Bowl but Im impressed that MD left him at home. Wasn't long ago that Sparty let kids play the same day they got out of jail. Glad to see their program take another step in the right direction.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB is amazingly arrogant in interviews. He's had various issues in the past as well. Not sure what it was that cost him his chance to play in the Rose Bowl but Im impressed that MD left him at home. Wasn't long ago that Sparty let kids play the same day they got out of jail. Glad to see their program take another step in the right direction.

Apparently Michigan State stopped that and Michigan picked it up.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes...criminally underage in Aspen, Colorado during a ski trip...had (gasp) a beer.
according to three eye witnesses he and a teammate were acting like rowdy drunks at an Aspen bar, then jumped a guy and both kicked him repeatedly while he was on the ground. They then ran from the police (Max even ran into the police car during the chase) and blew off officers' repeated commands to stop. When they finally cornered Max and got him on the ground, Max said "he was walking home," Officer Jeff Fain wrote. "I told Bullough that it was time to start telling the truth, and that I had been chasing him for a few blocks. ... Bullough then admitted to running away from us because he was scared," and claimed he had not been an altercation that evening. Police found a fake ID on Bullough as well. As a result of a plea bargain his attorney struck with prosecutors, Max pled guilty to just one of the multiple criminal offenses he committed that night.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max's back-up is listed as 5th-year senior Kyler Elsworth. Here is what SpartanNation.com wrote about him:

In the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
TCU had a 3rd and 18 in the 4th quarter at
their own 33 with :36 left in the game.
Elsworth made a read on a play that wasn’t
even meant for him. He saw it, accelerated,
and made an awesome textbook NFL open
field tackle. Because he was a walk on
people have called him the MSU version of
Rudy. I disagree on only one point. Elsworth
is loved by his teammates and coaches, and
he has TALENT!
He just makes plays. He isn’t sexy in doing
it, he just does it. He is a blue collar,
hardworking player that fits completely in the
mold of the State of Michigan. He may not
have sizzle, but the young man is all steak.
A true warrior that has no clue what taking
off a play means. He goes at it all the time
110%.
The greatest racing horse of
all time was Secretariat. Most people are not
aware (I am a horse guy so I know these
obscure things) that his heart was nearly
three times the size of an average horse.
I have no doubt that if an exam was
performed on Elsworth you would see the
same thing. His heart is bigger than normal.
I have never seen him take a play off, a rep
in practice off, or doing anything halfway.
Coaches clamor for players that give them
everything and he does. If you looked up the
word Spartan, or effort in the dictionary you
would see his picture.
Elsworth will not see his name hung on the
fascia of Spartan Stadium one day, but if
they ever recast the bronze Spartan statue of
Sparty that greets visitors to campus or
salutes people entering the stadium press
box, they should make it of him. I have been
around MSU athletics for over 40 years. I
have never seen one player give 110% all of
the time like him on and off the field. He is
Sparty. On and off the field, Elsworth is
everything that you want from a college
athlete, a young man, a son, brother, or
teammate.
Keep your eyes on the field for #41. All he
does it make plays and represent the Spartan
Nation on and off the field like a champion.
He may not be the greatest player of all time
in MSU history, but he may just be the
greatest Spartan of all time in any sport.
The pride of Goodrich, Michigan, would say
‘aw shucks’ to this praise and try to deflect
it on to his team. His teammates and
coaches would push it right back. Parents
like me who want their kids to look up to
great young men as role models need look
no further. The average fan does not get the
time to spend around these athletes as I do,
it is a shame. I wish the entire Spartan
Nation knew Elsworth. Problem is, he would
probably be helping old ladies across the
street while everyone was looking for him. He
is the real deal.

It was not that uncommon for thoroughbreds to have large hearts. What made Secretariat great was he had the "x-factor" trait in him which traces back to the first thoroughbred Eclipse who passed the gene down through his daughters. I don't think Secretariat was the greatest race horse of all time cause you can make cases for Man of War, Silky Sullivan, Zenyatta, Cigar, Ruffian, Citation,Rachel Alexandra,Swale,Phar Lap, Seabiscut, Affirmed, Seattle Slew, Alydar etc.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, the jailer shoulda thrown away the key...

according to three eye witnesses he and a teammate were acting like rowdy drunks at an Aspen bar, then jumped a guy and both kicked him repeatedly while he was on the ground. They then ran from the police (Max even ran into the police car during the chase) and blew off officers' repeated commands to stop. When they finally cornered Max and got him on the ground, Max said "he was walking home," Officer Jeff Fain wrote. "I told Bullough that it was time to start telling the truth, and that I had been chasing him for a few blocks. ... Bullough then admitted to running away from us because he was scared," and claimed he had not been an altercation that evening. Police found a fake ID on Bullough as well. As a result of a plea bargain his attorney struck with prosecutors, Max pled guilty to just one of the multiple criminal offenses he committed that night.

:L
minor-in-possession-of-alcohol...the ONLY other of the "multiple (two!) criminal offenses" he was charged with (eluding police) was dropped. Please don't play the 'mountain/molehill' game here.

ASPEN — A second Michigan State University football player snared by Aspen Police on March 10 following a downtown bar scuffle reached a disposition with prosecutors Tuesday.
Pitkin County Judge Erin Fernandez-Ely signed off on a plea agreement calling for the dismissal of an eluding police charge and a guilty plea to a minor-in-possession-of-alcohol count for Max Bullough, 19, who will be a sophomore next season at the Big 10 Conference school.
The judge handed Bullough, a linebacker, a nine-month deferred sentence for the alcohol-possession charge, meaning that if he stays out of trouble through Jan. 17, 2012, the conviction will be expunged from his record. He also must attend three alcohol-awareness classes by Oct. 18, as well as attend a Mothers Against Drunk Driving impact panel, the judge said.
Neither Bullough nor his attorney, Saskia A. Jordan of Denver, appeared for the court hearing, during which time Fernandez-Ely read aloud the sanctions against Bullough.
Bullough's sentencing came a week after his teammate, Brian Linthicum, 23, was given a one-year deferred judgment on a third-degree misdemeanor charge of harassment/strike, shove or kick, stemming from the March 10 incident.
Police reports from the incident had been kept under wraps until Tuesday, at which time authorities released the details.
According to the report, police said they were called to the Regal Watering Hole at approximately 1:40 a.m., in response to a complaint about a fight involving two “big guys.” The alleged victim, 26-year-old Benjamin Nichols of London, told police that the two males confronted him at the bar, and one of them grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Nichols then knocked off the hat of Linthicum, who then punched him in the face, Nichols told police. Nichols then fell to the ground.
“Once on the ground, Nichols told me that the two males had then started kicking him repeatedly. Nichols showed me that his shirt had been ripped on the front and back as a result of the assault,” police said. Nichols also had an injury to his right eye, but did not receive medical treatment the morning in question.
Two other witnesses corroborated Nichols' story to police, and one said that both Bullough and Linthicum had been causing “minor” problems that evening “by being rowdy prior to the assault on Nichols.”
Police, upon arriving at the Regal, initially had difficulty detaining the two suspects, and saw them running in an alley, according to the report.
When Officer Rob Fabrocini pulled his patrol vehicle in front of the alley to block the suspects, Bullough ran into the rear of the car, while Linthicum dodged the vehicle and continued running down the alley, the report says. Bullough, however, regrouped and continued to run.
The two suspects blew off officers' repeated commands to stop, the report says. Fabrocini then came within about 8 feet from Linthicum and deployed a Taser, hitting the tight end in the upper part of his back, the report says.
Linthicum dropped to the ground and was subsequently handcuffed, the report says.
Fabrocini said he had no choice but to use a stun gun on Linthicum, whom he had warned about the Taser.
While in custody, Linthicum told police that he and Bullough had been attacked at the Regal. He also complained of pains to his hip, but refused medical attention.
Meanwhile, police tracked Bullough down on Hyman Avenue. Bullough, according to police, complied to their orders to get on the ground and not move.
After police detained him, Bullough initially denied trying to escape from the officers, the report says.
“I asked Bullough why he was running away from the cops, and he stated that he was walking home,” Officer Jeff Fain wrote. “I told Bullough that it was time to start telling the truth, and that I had been chasing him for a few blocks. ... Bullough then admitted to running away from us because he was scared, but he did not know that we were police officers.”
Bullough also told police he had not been an altercation that evening. Police also discovered two IDs on Bullough — one that was actually his, the other of a man born in March 1988.

groan green

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have happened to a classier football program............................................