• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Snyder With A Big Fuck You To Redskins Fans

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im realistic about our team you are not. Injuries matter. Without them we have a winning record. Every game that Smith was out we would of had of chance of winning. that is just obvious. Im taking about present time not 20 years ago. The team was built to win this year and we were doing it before the major injuries happened.

Every game Smith missed they might have won? LOL - what are you smoking? So that would include the losses to DAL, PHI x2, NYG & TEN. Outside of the Titans game they gave up an average of 400 yds in those 4 losses & the other team was moving the ball from the beginning of the game in most cases. It was not just a case of the defense being tired or being affected mainly by a poor offense. It was a case of the fact that the defense sucked (both in run & pass defense).

As Skinsdad has alluded to - Smith wasn't exactly putting up #s or pts with his play so I doubt he would have made much of a difference. Also - in the game where he was injured he was playing pretty bad so it was not as if he was improving.

You need to take a queue from your mancrush Bruce Allen & stop using injuries as an excuse. Also what is with this "the team was built to win this year" crap? Win what? Again you appear to be satisfied w/ mediocrity. Also exactly how does having a subpar secondary, subpar receivers, a TE & 3rd down RB who are always hurt & questionable ILBs equate to "being built to win this year"?

You are being a blind homer & I guess you are just happy with having correct predictions & don't really care that much if this team achieves true success. Oh well - keep playing that injury card & no doubt we will be having this same conversation next year when they fall short once again.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Dean you keep ignoring the fact that 6 of those 7 wins were against crappy teams. Smith & the Skins squeaked out wins against some of the NFL's worst teams. You just can't ignore that in your analysis.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im realistic about our team you are not. Injuries matter. Without them we have a winning record. Every game that Smith was out we would of had of chance of winning. that is just obvious. Im taking about present time not 20 years ago. The team was built to win this year and we were doing it before the major injuries happened.

I just went back and read many of you past posts and what I found is that you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Some of your posts say that if Smith had not been injured we would have won the NFC East and some of your posts say if Smith had not been injured we would have had a chance to win the NFC East. So which one is it? I say it is neither one!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Smith injury hurts. Smith doesn't suck you can win with him. You guys are playing Monday morning QB. The team was winning everyone forgets that.

The team was beating primarily shitty teams - most fans remember that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when I bring up that KC won 4 straight games( big games ). The retort I get is they were shitty teams . ( and it’s true ) but the same standard doesn’t apply to his man crush Alex the great . This is why we have this nonstop debate because standards don’t apply fairly all the time . You bash KC ad nausem about his play for 3 years and when the same standards are applied to your guy , well your out to lunch . Same with mitz

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Dean what exactly is your end game in stating that the Skins would have been in the playoffs if not for the injuries?

Are you stating that to declare that Gruden should have been retained? OK - I am not completely against that although Gruden has proven to pretty much be mediocre during his entire tenure with the Redskins. He also is terrible w/ clock mgmt & in game adjustments & doesn't appear to be much of a motivator.

Are you stating that this was also a good reason to retain Manusky? To that I say - HELL NO! Are you also stating all of this to justify their ridiculous stance of retaining Bruce Allen? To that I say HELL FUCKING NO! Curious as to your rationale.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Dean what exactly is your end game in stating that the Skins would have been in the playoffs if not for the injuries?

Are you stating that to declare that Gruden should have been retained? OK - I am not completely against that although Gruden has proven to pretty much be mediocre during his entire tenure with the Redskins. He also is terrible w/ clock mgmt & in game adjustments & doesn't appear to be much of a motivator.

Are you stating that this was also a good reason to retain Manusky? To that I say - HELL NO! Are you also stating all of this to justify their ridiculous stance of retaining Bruce Allen? To that I say HELL FUCKING NO! Curious as to your rationale.
His rational extends to only 2 players KC and CDC .
If you acknowledge that the FO botched KC affair then he believes he is wrong .he can’t face that music

If you acknowledge the ASS trade is a stroke of genius then he is right and he can hold his head high again

The truth is this. We gave up some valuable resources to get a guy who won’t get us to the playoffs . At best will miss 21 out of 32 games . Has 6 wins and 4 losses vs patsies , never brought the team from behind , was in decline and will not deliver a playoff win which is why he was brought here.

That equals bust

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game Smith missed they might have won? LOL - what are you smoking? So that would include the losses to DAL, PHI x2, NYG & TEN. Outside of the Titans game they gave up an average of 400 yds in those 4 losses & the other team was moving the ball from the beginning of the game in most cases. It was not just a case of the defense being tired or being affected mainly by a poor offense. It was a case of the fact that the defense sucked (both in run & pass defense).

As Skinsdad has alluded to - Smith wasn't exactly putting up #s or pts with his play so I doubt he would have made much of a difference. Also - in the game where he was injured he was playing pretty bad so it was not as if he was improving.

You need to take a queue from your mancrush Bruce Allen & stop using injuries as an excuse. Also what is with this "the team was built to win this year" crap? Win what? Again you appear to be satisfied w/ mediocrity. Also exactly how does having a subpar secondary, subpar receivers, a TE & 3rd down RB who are always hurt & questionable ILBs equate to "being built to win this year"?

You are being a blind homer & I guess you are just happy with having correct predictions & don't really care that much if this team achieves true success. Oh well - keep playing that injury card & no doubt we will be having this same conversation next year when they fall short once again.

No man crush you don't understand the impact of our offensive injuries.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went back and read many of you past posts and what I found is that you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Some of your posts say that if Smith had not been injured we would have won the NFC East and some of your posts say if Smith had not been injured we would have had a chance to win the NFC East. So which one is it? I say it is neither one!

the point is we either would of won or competed for the division title. The sky is falling routine that is usually on here wouldn't have happened. Let me ask you this if Smith stayed healthy all year and we just missed the division title by a game would you guys still be talking this way?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be on board with Manusky getting fired. I could see Allen being let go. It wouldnt shock me about Allen, but there is no way that Gruden would get fired this year.

Let me ask you this if Smith stayed healthy all year and we just missed the division title by a game would you guys still be talking this way?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is we either would of won or competed for the division title. The sky is falling routine that is usually on here wouldn't have happened. Let me ask you this if Smith stayed healthy all year and we just missed the division title by a game would you guys still be talking this way?
i damn sure would because he failed to meet the standard , a playoff win . again if smith stayed healthy we are 7-9 because his performance sucked

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for asking me this question. This past season the Redskin's schedule was loaded with the sisters of the weak on the front end of the schedule and quality teams on the back end of the schedule. The Redskins got out of the gate great because of a stout defense but Smith struggled even against these weak teams. His overall numbers were terrible as a matter of fact against these weak teams and once he played against a quality opponent he became even worse by not converting 3rd down opportunities and keeping our defense on the field way to much which resulted in our defense going downhill from that point forward. At best, if Smith had not been injured and had started all 16 games I believe we would have missed the playoffs by at least two games because both the Cowboys and the Eagles came on strong in the second half of the season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be on board with Manusky getting fired. I could see Allen being let go. It wouldnt shock me about Allen, but there is no way that Gruden would get fired this year.

Let me ask you this if Smith stayed healthy all year and we just missed the division title by a game would you guys still be talking this way?

First of all in terms of Allen - it should not be "I could see him being let go" as if - well - maybe the Skins should have considered it. It should be a no brainer! Without question he should have been fired this offseason (should have happened before). His track record is horrendous. If your retort is that the other folks in the FO will make up for his incompetence then why the hell is he even with the team?

As for your last paragraph - in certain ways perhaps I would not be as mad, but I would still be pissed. In other ways I might be even madder since it would mean that the screw-ups of Allen, Gruden & Manusky were just enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

Why in the hell would you be happy with a team that barely misses the playoffs - especially a team like the Redskins that has glaring holes on both sides & has a terrible track record of building this team over the offseason? With your scenario where exactly is the hope for the future - even if Smith stays healthy. Again - the MO for a SB team in today's NFL is either having a young up & coming QB or a HOF type QB (Brady, Brees, Big Ben, etc). Smith is neither. The SB teams led by a Flacco like QB are once in a blue moon. Again - the ultimate goal for a team should be the SB. Can you honestly state that - even without injuries - that the Redskins are on this path?

You appear to indicate that Gruden was only held back due to injuries. Hmm - how about his shitty clock mgmt (that has been an issue for years w/ different QBs)? How about his inability to adjust in-game? How about an apparent lack of motivational skills? How about the fact that he appears destined to be a .500 type coach forever? What exactly do you love so much about this guy? Why exactly what it have been so bad for the Skins to find a new coach? Perhaps you believe it would not be fair? Who gives a shit - life isn't fair.

I am just amazed at your apparent lack of desire to see this team compete for a SB in the relatively near future. You only appear to want to make excuses for folks in the organization while - for some dumb reason - justify some stupid predictions you made at the start of the season. Whatever.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good summary of the situation w/ Snyder from the WP reporter. I really like the part were he said that the recent history with this team is "One Step Forward - Two Steps Back" just about every year . Examples are RG3 miracle season followed by failure & drama, Winning the division w/ Cousins followed by shortcomings & more drama. And so it goes - on & on & on.

To relate this to Dean's whole argument. Even if they stayed healthy & were closer what would lead anyone to believe that this would be a building block to long term success? Given their track record it would simply be followed by more baffling moves & heartache. That has been their MO for 20 years now. Why in the world would anyone expect anything different moving forward? I would like to think that it would unfold differently, but that is not rationale thinking.

For some here the turning pt was the Alex Smith trade. Not me - I think the huge turning pt was unloading SM. Not so much because he did a great job, but rather that they were finally starting to operate like your typical, successful NFL franchise. After firing SM they should have immediately replaced him w/ an actual veteran GM. Instead Allen took more control almost ensuring more failure moving fwd. Sigh.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for asking me this question. This past season the Redskin's schedule was loaded with the sisters of the weak on the front end of the schedule and quality teams on the back end of the schedule. The Redskins got out of the gate great because of a stout defense but Smith struggled even against these weak teams. His overall numbers were terrible as a matter of fact against these weak teams and once he played against a quality opponent he became even worse by not converting 3rd down opportunities and keeping our defense on the field way to much which resulted in our defense going downhill from that point forward. At best, if Smith had not been injured and had started all 16 games I believe we would have missed the playoffs by at least two games because both the Cowboys and the Eagles came on strong in the second half of the season.

The Packer were a weak team in the first half of the season?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all in terms of Allen - it should not be "I could see him being let go" as if - well - maybe the Skins should have considered it. It should be a no brainer! Without question he should have been fired this offseason (should have happened before). His track record is horrendous. If your retort is that the other folks in the FO will make up for his incompetence then why the hell is he even with the team?

As for your last paragraph - in certain ways perhaps I would not be as mad, but I would still be pissed. In other ways I might be even madder since it would mean that the screw-ups of Allen, Gruden & Manusky were just enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

Why in the hell would you be happy with a team that barely misses the playoffs - especially a team like the Redskins that has glaring holes on both sides & has a terrible track record of building this team over the offseason? With your scenario where exactly is the hope for the future - even if Smith stays healthy. Again - the MO for a SB team in today's NFL is either having a young up & coming QB or a HOF type QB (Brady, Brees, Big Ben, etc). Smith is neither. The SB teams led by a Flacco like QB are once in a blue moon. Again - the ultimate goal for a team should be the SB. Can you honestly state that - even without injuries - that the Redskins are on this path?

You appear to indicate that Gruden was only held back due to injuries. Hmm - how about his shitty clock mgmt (that has been an issue for years w/ different QBs)? How about his inability to adjust in-game? How about an apparent lack of motivational skills? How about the fact that he appears destined to be a .500 type coach forever? What exactly do you love so much about this guy? Why exactly what it have been so bad for the Skins to find a new coach? Perhaps you believe it would not be fair? Who gives a shit - life isn't fair.

I am just amazed at your apparent lack of desire to see this team compete for a SB in the relatively near future. You only appear to want to make excuses for folks in the organization while - for some dumb reason - justify some stupid predictions you made at the start of the season. Whatever.

My prediction was 10 wins and a playoff win. If we missed the playoffs by a game why would I be mad? I would be mad if we went 3-13. Of course I want my team to be a SB contender but I was realistic about our team this year and predated a 10 win season and a playoff win.

I already said im not in love with Gruden but it wouldnt be fair to him if he was fired this year. For reasons that I already explained. You make it sound like we had pre season hype like the Vikings did and failed. The Vikings fans should be mad as hell. Not ours. We were unlucky with injuries. What is the Vikings excuse? They had more talent and still didn't make it. Do you see a house cleaning over there?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good summary of the situation w/ Snyder from the WP reporter. I really like the part were he said that the recent history with this team is "One Step Forward - Two Steps Back" just about every year . Examples are RG3 miracle season followed by failure & drama, Winning the division w/ Cousins followed by shortcomings & more drama. And so it goes - on & on & on.

To relate this to Dean's whole argument. Even if they stayed healthy & were closer what would lead anyone to believe that this would be a building block to long term success? Given their track record it would simply be followed by more baffling moves & heartache. That has been their MO for 20 years now. Why in the world would anyone expect anything different moving forward? I would like to think that it would unfold differently, but that is not rationale thinking.

For some here the turning pt was the Alex Smith trade. Not me - I think the huge turning pt was unloading SM. Not so much because he did a great job, but rather that they were finally starting to operate like your typical, successful NFL franchise. After firing SM they should have immediately replaced him w/ an actual veteran GM. Instead Allen took more control almost ensuring more failure moving fwd. Sigh.

I think we will see Danny Smith be in more control of football operations and control drafts.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packer were a weak team in the first half of the season?

Absolutely the Packers were a weak team in the first half of the season and for the entire season for that matter or we would have seen them in the playoffs. Just like the Redskins, the Packers had a soft schedule during the first half of the season and then crumbled when they started playing quality teams.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction was 10 wins and a playoff win. If we missed the playoffs by a game why would I be mad? I would be mad if we went 3-13. Of course I want my team to be a SB contender but I was realistic about our team this year and predated a 10 win season and a playoff win.

I already said im not in love with Gruden but it wouldnt be fair to him if he was fired this year. For reasons that I already explained. You make it sound like we had pre season hype like the Vikings did and failed. The Vikings fans should be mad as hell. Not ours. We were unlucky with injuries. What is the Vikings excuse? They had more talent and still didn't make it. Do you see a house cleaning over there?

If they fell short but had the kind of talent where they were headed in the rt direction with a solid QB and young talent i would not really be too upset with that result. Ditto if they had a history with the current coach & GM of extended success (e.g. PIT). The Redskins are neither.

Even before the injury their QB was aging & kind of marginal. Their best LB only likely has a few good years. Ditto likely for their best O Lineman. The TE position has lots of questions due to age and injury. Their secondary and WR areas are a shambles. They have promise at other positions, but so does every other team in the NFL. Again - you put the entire blame on injuries which is nonsense.

Why in the hell are you comparing them to the Vikings? Really why compare them to any other team except to learn lessons from SB winners on how to build a team. Again - nobody cares about your prediction - give it a rest. And like I said in terms of not being fair in firing Gruden - who gives a shit. It doesn't have to be fair - it has to be what is in the best interest of the team. They are not running a charity. I am kind of 50/50 on Gruden & he certainly was not entitled to be retained. He has some major flaws.

Please show me how this team is heading in the rt direction & moving closer to building a SB contender (say by 2020 or 2021). I don't want the typical Redskins BS where they make the playoffs or barely miss it, do poorly the next season or 2 & then repeat this cycle over and over again. That has basically been occurring for the last 20 years & primarily because they either have no real plan or a very poor one. But - hey you keep believing in the nonsense being spread by Snyder, Allen & Gruden.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you wouldn’t have been mad with no improvement as a team while adding a 36 year old QB with one good season at a price that is steep while giving up a draft pick and an up and coming PB corner?