• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Quinn favorite to be the next DC

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEST PART ABOUT ALL THIS?

when asked after the last game if he'll be back next season, Jaylon said, "watch the film"

LMFAO
THAT’S the damning part.

We did.

Did he?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to play a little devil's advocate.
Some of this could be not being in sync with the DL on what gaps are going to be covered, clogged whatever. Then there was Nolans complete style of defense that could add to his confusion. Nolans defense confuses most of us that look at it. So when using hope. Maybe Quinn can turn some of this cluelessness around. LBs dont know where they are going DBs dont know who they are guarding. It has literally been like the Keystone cops out there. I mean two years ago. the defense wasnt that good but they werent as horrible as they turned seemingly overnight.

With that said. Jaylon Smith still seems like he doesnt have NFL grade decision making & definitely doesnt have any vision or instincts. If Lee could teach a LB his instincts. They all could be potentially all pros! Smith just doesnt seem to have the intellect for it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lee could teach a LB his instincts. They all could be potentially all pros! Smith just doesnt seem to have the intellect for it.
that's the funny part. Every LB on this team shoulda had their finger in Lee's belt loop during film study, but they most obviously didn't based on the gaps they filled. This is a young guys game and Lee can't do it any longer, but IMO, he & Thomas were far and away the best two LB's this team had last year with regards to play recognition.

My biggest fear for LVE is he's put his finger in Smith's beltloop thinking it's all about the brand.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the funny part. Every LB on this team shoulda had their finger in Lee's belt loop during film study, but they most obviously didn't based on the gaps they filled. This is a young guys game and Lee can't do it any longer, but IMO, he & Thomas were far and away the best two LB's this team had last year with regards to play recognition.

My biggest fear for LVE is he's put his finger in Smith's beltloop thinking it's all about the brand.
Also LVE doesnt want to put his finger in Lee's injury belt loop.

These young guys definitely need better leadership. Who is our current LB coach? Does anyone know? & is he fired yet?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also LVE doesnt want to put his finger in Lee's injury belt loop.
really? Injuries are not a lack of playing skills, just rotten luck.
Like this past season, he hurt is quad and had surgery to reattached it back to his femur. I'm pretty sure 90% wouldn't have even tried to come back last year. Sean Lee is an old school football player, loves the game, loves his team. Sign me up for those kinda guys all day and twice on Sunday.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is our current LB coach? Does anyone know? & is he fired yet?
Scott McCurley.

I'm sure it's just me but coaching is nothing like playing a video game with a controller. Many times players free lance, blow their assignments, take bad angles or just flat out not wrap up and mis-tackles. TO ME....these kinda things are on the player much more so than a coach, certainly at the professional level they are. This looks to be even worse in Dallas based on ownership commanding certain players play regardless of their play on the field.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott McCurley.

I'm sure it's just me but coaching is nothing like playing a video game with a controller. Many times players free lance, blow their assignments, take bad angles or just flat out not wrap up and mis-tackles. TO ME....these kinda things are on the player much more so than a coach, certainly at the professional level they are. This looks to be even worse in Dallas based on ownership commanding certain players play regardless of their play on the field.
I get what you are saying, & agree, but our defense has been so bad. Hard to pinpoint one thing.

What I do know. Our defense went from not too great to falling off a cliff bad. With primarily the same players.
If it is a player, then as a coach you bench him. Coaches still have to be accountable for their players. Again I dont know if it is all on the LB coach for how clueless the LBs as a whole have looked or Mike Nolan. But I do know Lee has been successful at ever LB position & understands football. I would still replace our current LB coach with Lee if it is possible.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, & agree, but our defense has been so bad. Hard to pinpoint one thing.

What I do know. Our defense went from not too great to falling off a cliff bad. With primarily the same players.
If it is a player, then as a coach you bench him. Coaches still have to be accountable for their players. Again I dont know if it is all on the LB coach for how clueless the LBs as a whole have looked or Mike Nolan. But I do know Lee has been successful at ever LB position & understands football. I would still replace our current LB coach with Lee if it is possible.
Oh...I agree
It was reported McCarthy talked with Lee last month and told him if he was stupid enough to want to get in coaching, they should talk.

Gotta say I don't know but it sure seems Jerry gets in the way of coaches sitting a player on the bench long term for poor play when he's extended their contract

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While looking for the good news. I really didnt find it.
I do think he will be better than what we had last year (cant get too much worse)
That is all I have for a positive outlook right now.

They trying to give optimism said this

While this would appear to eliminate any optimism surrounding the Quinn hire, it’s important to note that Quinn’s defenses were almost destined to fail given the wide discrepancy in money spent on each side of the ball in Atlanta:

This is exactly what the Cowboys has done as well. Spent all their money on Offense. The Defensive guys that has been paid is kind of a waste. We can make a case for D-Law since he is still performing, but all the others like our LBs. Wasting money right now.
They will spend to keep Gallup & then Lamb which will all still be on the Offensive side.
Quinn better hope for some awesome drafting on the defensive side, because I dont see us spending much on that side of the ball.

Right now from what I read. I expect us to be more like the Falcons defense than the old Hawks defense.
Hopefully Galimore Diggs & whoever else we draft plays up to whatever expectations. Most of our defensive players are average at best, right now.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the defense benefited from an offense that rarely turned the ball over. Then 2020 happened. Couple that with the bonehead plan to install a 3-4 defense when the highest paid defenders are 4-3 players. Cowboys needs a better 1 tech to help stop run, a corner and safety. I think we got the linebackers. Just need to tell Jaylon to play better or sit..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While looking for the good news. I really didnt find it.
I do think he will be better than what we had last year (cant get too much worse)
That is all I have for a positive outlook right now.

They trying to give optimism said this

While this would appear to eliminate any optimism surrounding the Quinn hire, it’s important to note that Quinn’s defenses were almost destined to fail given the wide discrepancy in money spent on each side of the ball in Atlanta:

This is exactly what the Cowboys has done as well. Spent all their money on Offense. The Defensive guys that has been paid is kind of a waste. We can make a case for D-Law since he is still performing, but all the others like our LBs. Wasting money right now.
They will spend to keep Gallup & then Lamb which will all still be on the Offensive side.
Quinn better hope for some awesome drafting on the defensive side, because I dont see us spending much on that side of the ball.

Right now from what I read. I expect us to be more like the Falcons defense than the old Hawks defense.
Hopefully Galimore Diggs & whoever else we draft plays up to whatever expectations. Most of our defensive players are average at best, right now.
We got Gregory and DLaw who I think played well. Gregory did not play enough IMO. you are right though. Not very good at several position. FS,DT,CB are a gaping hole talent wise. I like Wilson DIggs,Gregory,DLaw,Gallimore. LVE has been borderline bust the last two seasons. Lots of holes. Need to draft defense!

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about our D players being average. Upside for some is there but most are what they are. You would hope that we draft with the thought that some of these "average" players are pushed up... or out. Because that's what's needed here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would hope that we draft with the thought that some of these "average" players are pushed up... or out. Because that's what's needed here.
You are correct Sir....now if only we can get Jerry on board cause Lord knows we need LB & Safety addressed