• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Enos new Alabama OC

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the same Dan Enos who was a QB for MSU, was 16-26 as a HC and was let go by Arkansas?

Why are Bama fans excited by this? He is a pretty solid recruiter, but Bama could basically take their pick of OC, so why settle for Enos?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the same Dan Enos who was a QB for MSU, was 16-26 as a HC and was let go by Arkansas?

Why are Bama fans excited by this? He is a pretty solid recruiter, but Bama could basically take their pick of OC, so why settle for Enos?

We really wanted to keep Nussmeier...but Michigan stole him...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now do Locksley.

Then do Daboll, Kiffin, Sark, Nuss, McElwain, etc.

OC job, not HC.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s the same Enos that was on Michigan’s staff for about a week. He was let go from Arkansas after they fired everyone.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this so much. I wanted Dan Enos when LSU was making the Canada hire. How stupid can these coaches at LSU be.

Look what Canada did at Pitt and Maryland. I don’t think he was the problem. But I’m curious what actually went on down there. It sounds like a clusterf*ck

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the same Enos that was on Michigan’s staff for about a week. He was let go from Arkansas after they fired everyone.

He was. He was called an offensive analyst at UM. He wasn’t even going to be on the sideline at UM. You are only allowed 9 or 10 ‘coaches’ on the sideline. He was 10th or 11th, so he would have had to watch from the press box.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now do Locksley.

Then do Daboll, Kiffin, Sark, Nuss, McElwain, etc.

OC job, not HC.

I’m lost on what the excitement would be about Enos? Bama could handpick who they’d like as an OC.

And Enos spent around 9 years in the state of Michigan coaching and playing, so I know plenty about him. That is why I am asking the question, why people are excited?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

You really are trying to attribute things to me I never said. This is classic deflection instead of responding to facts.
You're not posting facts and that is what you don't get. What you are doing is taking a stat that has multiple variables, removing the majority of those variables and then presenting them as facts (which never works by the way).

In the most simplistic terms, you're making a piss poor argument.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t flatter yourself there was plenty of company keeping us from the 9 wins and that’s the point. Alabama can beat bad to medium Auburn teams but the ones with a heart beat they can’t.

Shit isn’t always about your team but that is something you guys struggle with on pretty much any issue. In your mind the immigration issues has something to do with your team. It’s rather pathetic really.
It does. If we dont get Tua and his family to Immigrate to the mainland to play for Bama, we might not be 13-0. Immigration been beddy beddy gud to Bama.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not posting facts and that is what you don't get. What you are doing is taking a stat that has multiple variables, removing the majority of those variables and then presenting them as facts (which never works by the way).

In the most simplistic terms, you're making a piss poor argument.
No I made a strong argument that you hate. That is what happened. So you are deflecting it. Good try.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to him. Knowing Alabama's recent run I'm sure this hire will work out well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m lost on what the excitement would be about Enos? Bama could handpick who they’d like as an OC.

And Enos spent around 9 years in the state of Michigan coaching and playing, so I know plenty about him. That is why I am asking the question, why people are excited?

I think you are confusing excitement with expected, because he's been our QB coach and was a "Co-OC" this year already. I personally didn't even think about who the replacement would be, just assumed it would be Enos and had kind of forgotten there was more than that.

But he's done a hell of a job with Jalen this year and also with Tua. I also welcome more of a pro-style approach over the spread of Locksley. I personally do not care for Locksley play calling or that style of offense, so that makes me happy.

But at the end of the day, Alabama has a guy they pay pretty well who does a pretty good job with these decisions. Enos was who we added when they allowed the 10th coach simply for his QB teaching.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are confusing excitement with expected, because he's been our QB coach and was a "Co-OC" this year already. I personally didn't even think about who the replacement would be, just assumed it would be Enos and had kind of forgotten there was more than that.

But he's done a hell of a job with Jalen this year and also with Tua. I also welcome more of a pro-style approach over the spread of Locksley. I personally do not care for Locksley play calling or that style of offense, so that makes me happy.

But at the end of the day, Alabama has a guy they pay pretty well who does a pretty good job with these decisions. Enos was who we added when they allowed the 10th coach simply for his QB teaching.

That is what Michigan was going to do with him, but he had to wait til a coach left before getting moved into a spot on the sideline. Bama offered him the spot and he left for Bama.

Only reason I asked the questions is people responded with a ‘yes!’ and other were saying how Enos was who they wanted as OC.

I know he has always been viewed as a solid recruiter, but I guess I’ve never seen him as an offensive guru. To me, it seems like Bama could pick up the phone and call whoever they’d like to take over and they’d jump for the job.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Enos the mad scientist behind the Allen brothers' success? I didn't pay Arky too much attention then but have noted Enos positive influence on the Bama stable.

Yeah his first year in 2015 Arkansas finished 2nd in the SEC in scoring behind Ole Miss and Brandon Allen ended up top 3 in the country in QBR. Then in 2016 Austin Allen led the SEC in passing.

The offense deteriorated in 2017 and wasn't very good but I put that more on Bielema refusing to recruit OL after Sam Pittman left to be the OL coach at Georgia more than anything.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what Michigan was going to do with him, but he had to wait til a coach left before getting moved into a spot on the sideline. Bama offered him the spot and he left for Bama.

Only reason I asked the questions is people responded with a ‘yes!’ and other were saying how Enos was who they wanted as OC.

I know he has always been viewed as a solid recruiter, but I guess I’ve never seen him as an offensive guru. To me, it seems like Bama could pick up the phone and call whoever they’d like to take over and they’d jump for the job.

I personally think it's a big upgrade over Locksley, and him being named OC also means he likely isn't leaving which is a worry.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think it's a big upgrade over Locksley, and him being named OC also means he likely isn't leaving which is a worry.
Well Enos will be gone next year so...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Enos will be gone next year so...

That's scary because that might be about the time Harbaugh needs some coaching rehab after he loses to Ohio St even after Urban is gone.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's scary because that might be about the time Harbaugh needs some coaching rehab after he loses to Ohio St even after Urban is gone.
Hopefully Michigan State can steal Enos first.