• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Clemson, starting not to like you anymore!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying were actually 3 people who graduated from Alabama that weren’t totally retarded?
Have you seen Dabo? I wouldn’t say he’s isn’t totally retarded, he just knows football.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban wins with talent not by out coaching anyone. Take away his talent edge and he ain't beating anyone.

Saban can't take the other team's players and beat his.
Incorrect! He didn’t have a whole team full of 5 stars in his first 3 years and won. You are just letting your bitterness and jealousy be shown. You are just looking at Saban thru blackeyes, because he’s kicked your teams ass thoroughly!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect! He didn’t have a whole team full of 5 stars in his first 3 years and won. You are just letting your bitterness and jealousy be shown. You are just looking at Saban thru blackeyes, because he’s kicked your teams ass thoroughly!
Look at the wins and losses and get back with me. Take time think it through.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the wins and losses and get back with me. Take time think it through.
Wins and losses have nothing to do with getting your ass kicked.

Clemson didn’t win, they kicked Bama’s ass! 49-0 is an asskicking, 14-26 does not an ass kicking make. When has Auburn blown out Bama since Saban has been there?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses have nothing to do with getting your ass kicked.

Clemson didn’t win, they kicked Bama’s ass! 49-0 is an asskicking, 14-26 does not an ass kicking make. When has Auburn blown out Bama since Saban has been there?
You're not supporting your presented position.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban wins with talent not by out coaching anyone. Take away his talent edge and he ain't beating anyone.

And it's just coincidence that the NFL as a whole views Alabama/Saban players as the best coached players when they come into the league.

All you're doing is taking 1 fact and pretending like it's the only factor.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's just coincidence that the NFL as a whole views Alabama/Saban players as the best coached players when they come into the league.

All you're doing is taking 1 fact and pretending like it's the only factor.
Let's not pretend the NFL doesn't think that about SEC schools and it has as much to do with their athletic ability, the complexity of the schemes and the level of competition they play against. Let's not confuse gameday coaching with preparation and discipline.

Because that is what we are talking about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not pretend the NFL doesn't think that about SEC schools and it has as much to do with their athletic ability, the complexity of the schemes and the level of competition they play against. Let's not confuse gameday coaching with preparation and discipline.

Because that is what we are talking about.

I've never once heard it about another SEC school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because all you read is Alabama propaganda.

Could be the case, won't deny that. Although it doesn't really make sense because the context they use it in, they are talking about Saban/Alabama being more than everyone else and it being a step above others.

Not to say Alabama is the only place to produce any player that is NFL ready, but that it's more of a guarantee with Alabama players. Although I feel sorry for anyone who drafts a couple of our defensive guys this year.

Fact of the matter is, what makes Alabama so good isn't just the talent alone, it's the talent with the coaching on top of it. Which is what draws in a lot of the talent to start with.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the case, won't deny that. Although it doesn't really make sense because the context they use it in, they are talking about Saban/Alabama being more than everyone else and it being a step above others.

Not to say Alabama is the only place to produce any player that is NFL ready, but that it's more of a guarantee with Alabama players. Although I feel sorry for anyone who drafts a couple of our defensive guys this year.

Fact of the matter is, what makes Alabama so good isn't just the talent alone, it's the talent with the coaching on top of it. Which is what draws in a lot of the talent to start with.

A lot of the mock drafts I'm seeing have the 49ers taking the DT Williams. Should we be feeling sorry for our selves?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for Watson getting injured, they probably finish in the top 10 the last 6 years, with 6 straight years of BCS/NY6/CFP games. They've had it rolling every year since 2012.

OP probably is correct though in regards to having the best coaching staff.

Hode up wait a minute... ACC champs 2012-2014? National champs 2013?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hode up wait a minute... ACC champs 2012-2014? National champs 2013?

?? In 2013 Clemson played in the Orange Bowl - finished top 10
In 2014, Watson got injured, which IMO, prevented them from getting to a NY6 bowl game that year.
2015-2018 not worth discussion.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? In 2013 Clemson played in the Orange Bowl - finished top 10
In 2014, Watson got injured, which IMO, prevented them from getting to a NY6 bowl game that year.
2015-2018 not worth discussion.

FSU fan here. Just trying to hold on to our dignity

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the mock drafts I'm seeing have the 49ers taking the DT Williams. Should we be feeling sorry for our selves?

No. That dude is a fucking monster, he demands double teams and can still get past them at times. 1 guy = he's in the backfield for sure.

DaboAppeal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the time period you are talking about.

Past 10+ years — It is Bama and a huge drop to everyone else.

Past 5 years — It is Clemson and Bama as 1a and 1b.

This year — Obviously it is Clemson.

They hold the crown now, but have a little ways to go to get to Bama’s length of supremacy.

Clemson has 4 years of being elite. Alabama has 11. That's the difference. 11 years is pretty amazing.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, not many could. That being said, I would add that he is superb with discipline and process too, and I do think he is GREAT in many ways. However, being an Xs and Os genius is not his forte. Moreover, while I do think getting the best talent is a talent in and of itself, I agree with your point that he is not the guy that I would choose to try to win with the other team's players next week, month or year. That is one of the reasons that I will never consider him Alabama's greatest Coach. That will always be Bear Bryant who was not only an excellent Xs and Os guy, but he would be someone who could trade talent and do better than most.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson has 4 years of being elite. Alabama has 11. That's the difference. 11 years is pretty amazing.

No doubt — that’s why I said, 10+ years and it is Bama, a huge drop off, and then everyone else.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, not many could. That being said, I would add that he is superb with discipline and process too, and I do think he is GREAT in many ways. However, being an Xs and Os genius is not his forte. Moreover, while I do think getting the best talent is a talent in and of itself, I agree with your point that he is not the guy that I would choose to try to win with the other team's players next week, month or year. That is one of the reasons that I will never consider him Alabama's greatest Coach. That will always be Bear Bryant who was not only an excellent Xs and Os guy, but he would be someone who could trade talent and do better than most.
I respect your opinion, but who makes all the second half adjustments that shut teams down?