• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalton, the next Brady?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post. It's not a coincidence tons of old rookie records got broken. And then shortly after that by subsequent draft classes.

Yeah, I think something like 37 of the top 50 rated passers of all-time are from the past decade or so. Jay Cutler and Josh Freeman are in the top 30 all-time. Which is clearly a joke. All of this stuff happening around the same time is most definitely not a coincidence.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't know logic if it hit you in the face.

Says the guy who doesn't understand the VERY basic logic that I just spoke to him. You couldn't possibly prove that to be "illogical thinking" if you dedicated your entire life to it.

"We SHOULD have won the Super Bowl, because our QB threw an interception near the goal line and their DB made a tremendous play on it.

However, oh yeah... that NFCCG we won to get there. The one where we got dominated for 58 minutes, and won by scoring two touchdowns in 44 seconds, recovering a blatantly dropped onside kick and converting a miracle two-point conversion which was then necessary to force OT.

THAT one was totally legit... but that interception on the goal line thing. That was SO flukey, and we should basically consider consider it as having asterisk next to it!"

Totally bro... right on

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, oh yeah... that NFCCG we won to get there. The one where we got dominated for 58 minutes, and won by scoring two touchdowns in 44 seconds, recovering a blatantly dropped onside kick and converting a miracle two-point conversion which was then necessary to force OT.

THAT one was totally legit...

Sounds like that still hurts.

Good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like that still hurts.

Good.

What still hurts, you raging lunatic? Lol. I'm a Bears fan, you don't think I LOVED seeing the Packers lose in heartbreaking fashion like that?

You got nothing, don't you?

Time to cut your losses, and walk away from this one. This is starting to get embarassing for you.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes good to be lucky.
Without a doubt. NE has gotten lucky or unlucky on four historic occassions. That's not counting all the bounces that did or didn't go their way during those SBs or even those seasons.
Bottom line teams make their own luck by putting themselves in certain situations. It takes a whole lot of things to go right in order to win a SB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. NE has gotten lucky or unlucky on four historic occassions. That's not counting all the bounces that did or didn't go their way during those SBs or even those seasons.
Bottom line teams make their own luck by putting themselves in certain situations. It takes a whole lot of things to go right in order to win a SB.

100% agree.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes good to be lucky.

No doubt. Most teams that win titles, you can point to a time that they caught a lucky bounce. Not all, but many. Nothing wrong with catching a good break. If you're always putting yourself in good position to win games, you'll create the opportunity for yourself to catch them. Seattle, under Wilson, Carrol and that defense seems to have been in most every game they've played, save one or two.

The problem lies when you stop acknowledging those good breaks, and are only willing to discuss how you were "unlucky" in certain instances. You can't talk about how you "deserved" to win that Super Bowl vs NE, because of a bad break at the end. While disregarding the fact that the only reason you were there, is because you caught MULTIPLE fantastic breaks in the previous game at the end. You can't have that both ways.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a good CB undercutting a pass and picking it off. Is probably a more common event, than overcoming a two TD deficit in 44 seconds, after being dominated for 58 minutes. That couldn't have happened to begin with, without recovering an onside kick that your opponent inexplicably dropped and completing a complete miracle of a 2PC.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Most teams that win titles, you can point to a time that they caught a lucky bounce. Not all, but many. Nothing wrong with catching a good break. If you're always putting yourself in good position to win games, you'll create the opportunity for yourself to catch them. Seattle, under Wilson, Carrol and that defense seems to have been in most every game they've played, save one or two.

The problem lies when you stop acknowledging those good breaks, and are only willing to discuss how you were "unlucky" in certain instances. You can't talk about how you "deserved" to win that Super Bowl vs NE, because of a bad break at the end. While disregarding the fact that the only reason you were there, is because you caught MULTIPLE fantastic breaks in the previous game at the end. You can't have that both ways.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a good CB undercutting a pass and picking it off. Is probably a more common event, than overcoming a two TD deficit in 44 seconds, after being dominated for 58 minutes. That couldn't have happened to begin with, without recovering an onside kick that your opponent inexplicably dropped and completing a complete miracle of a 2PC.

Against GB, a lot of luck did help Seattle but in those last five minutes they also needed to execute perfectly to even have those chances. Seattle kept fighting and took advantage of those lucky bounces. Now the SB, I've stated that Butler made a tremendous play and the better team won that night. My gripe was never with the Pats or their fans cause they had a right to celebrate a SB victory that their team fought hard for and I congratulated them. Both teams fought like champs that night. My only gripe was Bevell calling the pass play when a simple hand off would have been the safe play from the 1yd line with a TO in the back pocket. If not a run then a RW play action roll out where he could have ran it or passed it with a higher degree of safety. So after my rambling, yes luck was needed against GB but Seattle did deserve the win but Seattle didn't deserve the win against NE because of the final play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against GB, a lot of luck did help Seattle but in those last five minutes they also needed to execute perfectly to even have those chances. Seattle kept fighting and took advantage of those lucky bounces. Now the SB, I've stated that Butler made a tremendous play and the better team won that night. My gripe was never with the Pats or their fans cause they had a right to celebrate a SB victory that their team fought hard for and I congratulated them. Both teams fought like champs that night. My only gripe was Bevell calling the pass play when a simple hand off would have been the safe play from the 1yd line with a TO in the back pocket. If not a run then a RW play action roll out where he could have ran it or passed it with a higher degree of safety. So after my rambling, yes luck was needed against GB but Seattle did deserve the win but Seattle didn't deserve the win against NE because of the final play.

They didn't really execute the onside kick or 2PC perfectly, in the least. The kick was right into the thick of the Packers hands team, and the 2PC was a complete jail break/broken play. I give them credit for hanging in there, and due to an historic meltdown... Green Bay certainly didn't deserve the win themselves. However, Seattle was certainly "handed" those two key plays. Not sure how many times Seattle wins that game if that scenario is played out a hundred times. MAYBE a few?

As far as coaching, I hear you about the play call. However, that's a big part of winning in the post-season, and they were out-coached in that moment. Belichick did a phenomenal job of recognizing what was going on over at the Seattle sideline. I also would argue that the play call wasn't AS bad as it recognized to be historically, but I digress on that part... as I have had that conversation many times.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree and well said. Being able to execute at the right time is key. Just look at three of the NE SBs the crazy juggling catch by Kearse, the crazy catch by Edelman, the crazy catch by Tyree. Not one of them by themselves won or lost the games. It was the execution before and after that won or lost those games. To include coaching decisions or non-decisions. PC and Bevell going with the quick slant while BB chose not to use a TO like everyone else watching thought he should. In interviews he said he saw Seattle was nervous and he didn't want to give them time to calm down.

That's why we watch on Sunday's

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't really execute the onside kick or 2PC perfectly, in the least. The kick was right into the thick of the Packers hands team, and the 2PC was a complete jail break/broken play. I give them credit for hanging in there, and due to an historic meltdown... Green Bay certainly didn't deserve the win themselves. However, Seattle was certainly "handed" those two key plays. Not sure how many times Seattle wins that game if that scenario is played out a hundred times. MAYBE a few?

As far as coaching, I hear you about the play call. However, that's a big part of winning in the post-season, and they were out-coached in that moment. Belichick did a phenomenal job of recognizing what was going on over at the Seattle sideline. I also would argue that the play call wasn't AS bad as it recognized to be historically, but I digress on that part... as I have had that conversation many times.

That's why I said luck was on Seattle's side, but they still had to execute perfectly on offense to score in the last 5 mins and OT. Any miss on offense in the last 5 mins would have resulted in an L. Have to give Seattle props for hanging in and winning that game. The play call was a high risk pass play where way too many things could go wrong with so many bodies jumbled up on the line in a small area of the field and that's what happen in Butler's int. Wrong play call when there were other plays that should have been called with lower risk of a turnover. That still doesn't mean Seattle scores from the 1 but wishful thinking on my part what could have been on a different play call. Like I said the Pats deserved that win.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree and well said. Being able to execute at the right time is key. Just look at three of the NE SBs the crazy juggling catch by Kearse, the crazy catch by Edelman, the crazy catch by Tyree. Not one of them by themselves won or lost the games. It was the execution before and after that won or lost those games. To include coaching decisions or non-decisions. PC and Bevell going with the quick slant while BB chose not to use a TO like everyone else watching thought he should. In interviews he said he saw Seattle was nervous and he didn't want to give them time to calm down.

That's why we watch on Sunday's

It was an emotional roller coaster, so many ups and downs and game of inches. There's always luck involved in football. Some luck can be small like a lucky spot for a first down or a miracle catch like you said. I've always griped about that play call and I've always gave Butler the credit he deserved. That is indeed why we sit down on Sundays on watch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an emotional roller coaster, so many ups and downs and game of inches. There's always luck involved in football. Some luck can be small like a lucky spot for a first down or a miracle catch like you said. I've always griped about that play call and I've always gave Butler the credit he deserved. That is indeed why we sit down on Sundays on watch.
I was like you as soon as the SB was over everyone was screaming why didn't they run? The play should've been a fake to Lynch with an RW roll out. He likely crawls into the end zone untouched or finds an open receiver. I stand by a pass play was the correct call, just not that slant. Oh well good fortune for NE.:yes:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was like you as soon as the SB was over everyone was screaming why didn't they run? The play should've been a fake to Lynch with an RW roll out. He likely crawls into the end zone untouched or finds an open receiver. I stand by a pass play was the correct call, just not that slant. Oh well good fortune for NE.:yes:

At least it was a very entertaining game.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What still hurts, you raging lunatic? Lol. I'm a Bears fan, you don't think I LOVED seeing the Packers lose in heartbreaking fashion like that?

You got nothing, don't you?

Time to cut your losses, and walk away from this one. This is starting to get embarassing for you.

Fuck off, fool.