• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Draft thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Taco has a real chance, but I think this is the year the light has to come on if its gonna be in Dallas
at this point. I am just hoping Taco becomes a Greg Ellis.
A quality player but ......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco is never likely to earn his first round status because people want to see a pass rush out of first round DEs. But we should have a better idea after this year who he is. He can't hide behind inexperience any more and he will gets plenty of snaps if he earns them. If he plays as well against the run as he has so far he will help this team. He doesn't have to be a dynamic pass rusher but he needs to improve. I suspect if him being a healthy scratch didn't motivate him to work on his game then nothing will.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do people on here think about Devine Ozigbo,RB Nebraska? I am interested in the 4th round. This guy could be a starter in the NFL IMO. he is big and has decent speed, and really good vision and instincts. He would be an upgrade over what we current have at backup.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if he was as good as Ellis,but I dont see it. Ellis was a solid player.. at this point I dont think taco is close to as good as ellis. Not that.i was ever a huge fan of Ellis anyway. Taco simply is not explosive and not big enough to overpower anyone. If I were coach I would give tacos snaps to dorance Armstrong. Armstrong has several pass rush moves,elite length, good bend and is more explosive than Taco. Yeah I would have Armstrong as the 3rd end rotating in when DLaw and Quinn need a breather. Armstrong was a steal where we took him

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article about when the Cowboys dont have a 1st round pick. How well they do.
Well lets just say hope we buck that trend. We dont fare so well for some reason when we dont have a 1st.
On the positive side. We have been drafting pretty well outside the 1st round as of late. So lets just hope we continue that trend instead.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not onboard with the Taco pick at all and thought the Cowboys screwed the pooch on that pick. But I’m not paid to do it for a living but so far those of us that hated it have been right so far. If and that’s a big if Taco sniffs Greg Ellis shoes it will just be ok. Watt was the superior player and even fans could see that.
With that said I heard on the radio this week Taco was playing with a undisclosed shoulder injury all year along and a bad attitude.
Not sure how much is true but it came from Mike Fisher a Cowboys insider on 105.3 the Fan in Dallas. Fish is usually pretty plugged in on this stuff so who nows. I want Taco to succeed just like any Cowboys player but I’m not hopeful he will.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not onboard with the Taco pick at all and thought the Cowboys screwed the pooch on that pick. But I’m not paid to do it for a living but so far those of us that hated it have been right so far. If and that’s a big if Taco sniffs Greg Ellis shoes it will just be ok. Watt was the superior player and even fans could see that.
With that said I heard on the radio this week Taco was playing with a undisclosed shoulder injury all year along and a bad attitude.
Not sure how much is true but it came from Mike Fisher a Cowboys insider on 105.3 the Fan in Dallas. Fish is usually pretty plugged in on this stuff so who nows. I want Taco to succeed just like any Cowboys player but I’m not hopeful he will.

JMHO
If Taco becomes Greg Ellis it will be a great pick

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a player whose draft value has dropped because of injury? Steven Jones made it sound like that might be crossing their mind at #58

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a player whose draft value has dropped because of injury? Steven Jones made it sound like that might be crossing their mind at #58
With the 58th pick Dallas selects ---- Taylor Rapp

Sources say Rapp is a very hard worker with a good football I.Q. Some thought that Rapp could be a late first-round pick after he interviewed very well at the combine, but he had a slow time at his pro day in the 4.7s and some teams have him medically red flagged because of a hip injury. As a result, he probably will be a second-round pick.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sources say Rapp is a very hard worker with a good football I.Q. Some thought that Rapp could be a late first-round pick after he interviewed very well at the combine, but he had a slow time at his pro day in the 4.7s and some teams have him medically red flagged because of a hip injury. As a result, he probably will be a second-round pick.
well us drafting an injury risk is par for the course.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well us drafting an injury risk is par for the course.
Round 2. Otherwise known in the Dallas war room as "Jerry Time"

tenor.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we would need the 38th pick to get Rapp...Kid is too good a football player to fall very far

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have not heard about the hip injury but I would be happy if Rapp is the pick

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard about the hip injury but I would be happy if Rapp is the pick
and then there is Marquez Sweat Edge who is reported to have an enlarged heart but no one knows if it will affect his play

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is energized about the draft...

p70itkkc6zntg684jqnq.gif