• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Draft thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most or just a few?
I'd say most, as we haven't brought Smith back yet.
Right now its Zeke and Darius. I liked what I saw from Darius when he first got to Dallas, but he hasn't shown he's ready for prime time.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say most, as we haven't brought Smith back yet.
Right now its Zeke and Darius. I liked what I saw from Darius when he first got to Dallas, but he hasn't shown he's ready for prime time.
Darius doesn't have to be ready for prime time because he isn't the starter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we need to draft a RB. If we did it better be because he was the BPA by some margin.
If early yes. I would probably go ballistic if we took a RB with our first or even second pick. Later on, why not. STs, backup, maybe a fill in or future starter? I never rule out any position in the draft. But, I'm certainly not concerned about whether or not we add an additional back because Zeke gets 90% of the action and I like Jackson and also Olawale has been a RB too. Can find one at any time. Even after the season starts many years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If early yes. I would probably go ballistic if we took a RB with our first or even second pick. Later on, why not. STs, backup, maybe a fill in or future starter? I never rule out any position in the draft. But, I'm certainly not concerned about whether or not we add an additional back because Zeke gets 90% of the action and I like Jackson and also Olawale has been a RB too. Can find one at any time. Even after the season starts many years.
well late round kicks I dont care what we do. We could draft a kicker or punter & I would be fine with it.
up to the 5th though I would like to be a bit selective unless it grades so much higher than who we are looking at.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well late round kicks I dont care what we do. We could draft a kicker or punter & I would be fine with it.
up to the 5th though I would like to be a bit selective unless it grades so much higher than who we are looking at.
I'm a BPA guy so I'm generally good with whatever, which is why I like to fill holes in FA and not the draft. But I do like to be at least somewhat cognizant of need during the draft and RB is not a need. What I like about this team's draft prep is they group guys. Fans get all hung up on rankings and I think they start to think that is how team's do it. A team could have a two round drop off from their 19th and 20th ranked players. For a lot of fans it's just one draft spot because they see it that way on a list. And of course most fans actually think that draft rankings and round projections that they see on all these websites and tv shows have any meaning whatsoever. If the team has a RB ranked as a first round talent (I think we usually end up with about 20 guys ranked as first rounders) and he is there in the 4th round, then I will love the pick, but like you say they need to be BPA by quite a bit.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a real good end falls to 58 then I am all for it. Taco is playing like a 5th rounder
5th rounder ?
yep like a 5th rounder that was drafted in 2000
as in he cant play at all this was a terrible pick in a otherwise pretty good run of draft picks

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This WR draft class is so deep it is disgusting. I know we have one eye on SMjr, and I loved having him at NU. But I sure hope we haven't taken Preston Williams off our board. If you haven't watched him, picture Dez's play style inside a Julio body. He may have some screws loose, but so did Dez and he lasted a few years.
I have no idea what pick to use, but I wouldn't be opposed to my 3rd. SMjr might be a 4th rounder and he's safer. But the level of talent between the two is worth the risk IMO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta draft a starter or least a big time contributor in round 2 and perhaps in round 3. That will come on the defensive side of the ball. I would almost kill for the Mississippi State safety but that would cost us two draft picks to move up

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jaylon Ferguson is still on the board at 58 I hope we consider him. Yeah he did not have a good workout. He just seems to have a knack at creating pressure unlike taco

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jaylon Ferguson is still on the board at 58 I hope we consider him. Yeah he did not have a good workout. He just seems to have a knack at creating pressure unlike taco
not have a good workout is an understatement.....He should fire is agent like yesterday.

dude keep falling down in the 3 cone.....crazy bad

IMO....I wouldn't touch that guy b4 the 6th round

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy is my dream for this team, but it will cost Dallas to move up for him.

I also wouldn't be pissed if we took corner at 58....can never have enough corners and I'm thinking they may let Jones go after this coming season
I agree on corners. I think Jones played a little over his head early on last year. He dropped off at the end of the year. I'm hoping it was because of his hip because he was a top 5 corner most of the year, but certainly not at the end. If he plays at a Pro Bowl level again we just can't let him go with how long we have been waiting for good DBs, but if he slips a little it would be tough to give him top corner money. This is a big year for Mr Jones as it is to find out what we have in Awuzie, Brown and Lewis.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta draft a starter or least a big time contributor in round 2 and perhaps in round 3. That will come on the defensive side of the ball. I would almost kill for the Mississippi State safety but that would cost us two draft picks to move up
If the picks are in this draft I would not mind trading up for this safety to pair with woods. I really like woods game. Woods will continue to hit people hard and make receivers and tight ends think about going over the middle. For his size woods can deliver a serious blow. Woods also has a way of being around the ball. Johnathan Abram is a free safety type that will also come up and deliver a major blow. Would love to see abram and woods out there. We dont need to see heath starting anymore. The way I see it woods and abram can play both safety positions .

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th rounder ?
yep like a 5th rounder that was drafted in 2000
as in he cant play at all this was a terrible pick in a otherwise pretty good run of draft picks
I wanted TJ Watt with that pick. Taco has been a bust so far