• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Draft thread

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys 7-round Mock Draft: February 27, 2019

While I dont know the players. I do like the positions in this 7 round mock.

#48 DE - Jaylon Ferguson
#90 3T - Khalen Saunders
#128 RB - Darwin Thompson
#136 WR - Greg Dortch (lil' Chain movers replacement)
#151 CB - Derrick Baity Jr.
#165 S - Saquan Hampton
#241 P - Mitch Wishnowsky

Now drafting a punter could be a stretch, but says he is dynamic at pinning kicks inside the 10 yd line & rarely kicks TBs.
As such a late draft pick I would have no prob drafting a punter if he is as good as explained. Most picks that late dont make the team anyways.
I like the idea of a new punter. Whoever was punting for us was not terrible,but not great either.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a real good end falls to 58 then I am all for it. Taco is playing like a 5th rounder
Good ones will likely be taken the first night. The next batch are guys with something missing to their game. OD kid is missing speed. E.Mich kid is lacking strength. Neither could be left on the field long at this point. But upside is there with both. There is a top group in this draft, and we won't get any of them. So why not wait.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of a new punter. Whoever was punting for us was not terrible,but not great either.
Jones wasn't great last year, but I think he is actually still one of the better punters in the league. Now kicker I'm still a little nervous about and I think we bring in someone to compete with Maher

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ones will likely be taken the first night. The next batch are guys with something missing to their game. OD kid is missing speed. E.Mich kid is lacking strength. Neither could be left on the field long at this point. But upside is there with both. There is a top group in this draft, and we won't get any of them. So why not wait.
I suspect we do both unless we sign a FA DL of value. We need a player to contribute on this DL and we need to add talented depth. To me that means sign a FA safety and grab a good DL and another one later one.

It's funny how our defense was supposedly so good last year and the offense so bad, yet our needs are STILL on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm also looking at OL in this draft. We just can't count on Smith and I don't see Fleming as the answer. Vernon kicked his ass up and down the field week 17 last year and he just wasn't the player I expected. I like Collins but he doesn't look like he will ever be a top OT and I'm not overpaying him next year when he is a FA if it's my call just because we likely have a huge need by then.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we do both unless we sign a FA DL of value. We need a player to contribute on this DL and we need to add talented depth. To me that means sign a FA safety and grab a good DL and another one later one.

It's funny how our defense was supposedly so good last year and the offense so bad, yet our needs are STILL on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm also looking at OL in this draft. We just can't count on Smith and I don't see Fleming as the answer. Vernon kicked his ass up and down the field week 17 last year and he just wasn't the player I expected. I like Collins but he doesn't look like he will ever be a top OT and I'm not overpaying him next year when he is a FA if it's my call just because we likely have a huge need by then.
I think the cowboys defense while good still had some issues. It really did not help when Irving quit on the team. I agree with your assessment on Collins. Someone will pay him more than he is worth when he hits FA. I really thought they should have had Collins and William's swap positions. William's did not match up very well against big defensive tackles. If he were at RT he would be matched up against smaller players for the most part

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to draft a young QB to develop
We could use a RB, CJ Anderson in FA would look good
Like our WR group
Could use a TE
OL is deep
DL need to draft DT and DE
LB looks good
Corner looks good
Safety needs a young body

DT, DE, TE, RB, QB

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to draft a young QB to develop
We could use a RB, CJ Anderson in FA would look good
Like our WR group
Could use a TE
OL is deep
DL need to draft DT and DE
LB looks good
Corner looks good
Safety needs a young body

DT, DE, TE, RB, QB
I wouldn't go anywhere near C.J., I think some are overeating him do to his game against Dallas. Problem is the Dallas D was tipping off what they were doing all game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go anywhere near C.J., I think some are overeating him do to his game against Dallas. Problem is the Dallas D was tipping off what they were doing all game.
Our defense sucked, but CJ had a really good season before they ever played Dallas.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense sucked, but CJ had a really good season before they ever played Dallas.
He had couple of good games for the Rams late season, before that he barely saw the field in Carolina. After the Dallas game he went back to the player Carolina let go.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm chasing a FA RB I'm looking into the price of Isaiah Crowell.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some really good TE's that will be available in the draft. The Cowboys should select one of them in the first round.